• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 DLC info (spoilers)

Zenith

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24109969&postcount=388

DLC info was found in the game's archives. I went through it and collated what I think is going to be in it:

• Endor level. Evil Starkiller turns up in the Rogue Shadow 2.
  • Fight Ewoks, Leia, Han, Chewie and an AT-AT.
  • 3 types of Ewoks - rocks & slings, spears and gliders
  • 5 new challenges
  • 2 new costumes (both reskins of Starkiller)
  • 2 new saber crystals, yellow and silver (increase saber damage and increase force attack damage)

The Region screen for the Endor level makes mention of the second Death Star with the Emperor's throne room.

jOeo2.jpg

Xi3wR.jpg

FiFgF.jpg

9edv7.jpg

FzACo.jpg

MXvVY.jpg

RhBOl.jpg

Vpe3K.jpg

e9KMT.jpg

update: unlock the challenges, costumes and crystals on the PC version now

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=21I9MPPC

add those 3 xml files to pak2.lp using winrar in the folder \Game\Disc\Runtime

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Lucasarts has spent more time on the noncanon ending of both games then the real story itself.

They should just make a whole series of what if games where you just go around and fuck shit up. Next stop Naboo! Fuck you gungans!

5127172490_574f19e28e_z.jpg

tim1138

The yellow crystal came with the console CE and the silver was part of the Gamestop preorder bonus. I'm guessing the skins are the Deak Starkiller (CE bonus) and Maulkiller (Gamestop preorder bonus). The CE also had three bonus challenge maps and I believe Amazon had two more for a preorder bonus. I'm not excusing LucasArts in any way but that would explain why its all already on the disc and able to be modded in.

-edit-

Now that I'm on my pc and not my phone and can read the screengrabs, the costumes are in fact the CE and Gamestop preorder bonuses.

Haunted

Corky said:
sigh...

cut content =/= DLC
Man, it's even worse. That's not cut content, that's content they shipped with every copy and just locked away on the disc.

Having those (preorder bonuses, apparently?) unlockable on the PC version with clever modding is hilarious. Feels like karmic retribution.

Sotha Sil

Haunted said:
Man, it's even worse. That's not cut content, that's content they shipped with every copy and just locked away on the disc.

Having those (preorder bonuses, apparently?) unlockable on the PC version with clever modding is hilarious. Feels like karmic retribution.

Agreed. What a joke.

tim1138

Here's the Deak Starkiller skin with the yellow lightsabers:

18506orig.jpg

And the here's the best Maulkiller I could find with the silver lightsabers:

maulKillerPose_bonusLG.jpg

DihcarEM

This will most definitely be priced at 9,99 dollars/euros. That's how big of a ripoff Lucasarts are. That's also the price they had for every past dlc-level they brought out for part 1.
For that price i want more costumes,challenges,ect.

How much of the unlocked stuff in this thread was a preorder bonus? Having that stuff hidden in the files seems obvious to me but if this stuff was planned for payment, lol I hate it when included files require more pay to unlock.

tim1138

Diablohead said:
How much of the unlocked stuff in this thread was a preorder bonus? Having that stuff hidden in the files seems obvious to me but if this stuff was planned for payment, lol I hate it when included files require more pay to unlock.
It was all preorder and collectors edition bonuses for the console releases.

Metalmurphy said:
You're editing game files to get access to paid content. Isn't that pretty much the definition of piracy?

I'm not doing anything, you couldn't pay me to play TFU2 :p

Yeah, I dunno, maybe. Seems like they should have a better job protecting their stuff. Or, er, they could have actually developed post-game DLC instead of this bullshit. (Not that I'm interested in defending 'piracy', nosiree)

Metalmurphy said:
You're editing game files to get access to paid content. Isn't that pretty much the definition of piracy?
Well it's part of the game, just has a file which hides it. Might have been best to keep the files out of the game and have them as content downloads for people with key codes.

This is the pc version anyway, everyone and their mothers will snoop over the files at some point and find stuff.

Sqorgar

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
There's no copying or distribution of copyrighted content. It's already in the game you own, and your ownership gives you the right to do whatever the hell you want to with it. The only tricky part is that most software companies pretend that you don't actually own your software, that you are just renting it from them, but I don't see how that position would hold up in court for a videogame and the content that was on the disc they shipped to every customer.

Metalmurphy said:

Oh, please. It's already on your hard drive. Do you keep all the "Do not remove under penalty of law" tags on your pillows too?

Zenith

Banned
Crewnh said:
So the five hour game has an hour or two's worth of content hidden away, huh? Go figure.

it took 10 minutes to go through the extra 5 challenges. Nearly all challenge levels give you a silver for taking under a minute.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
pixel monkey said:
What about the extra Endor level?
It's not unlocked by inserting those files, at least not that I could tell. It's just 2 bonus costumes, 2 lightsaber crystals, and 5 challenges. The DLC files can just be looked at by anyone in Winrar.

Giolon

Yeah that screenshot you posted confirms it - the Darth Maul skin was the Gamestop pre-order bonus.

G-Fex

That's not fair, it'll take like a few seconds to kill Han, Chewie and Leia.

But it's pretty awesome to be able to do that. :lol

Giolon said:
Yeah that screenshot you posted confirms it - the Darth Maul skin was the Gamestop pre-order bonus.

And "Scuba Starkiller" looks like he's supposed to be based on Ralph McQuarrie's original design for "Deak Starkiller". Starkiller in this case being the pre-Skywalker protagonist of the original film.

I'm not crazy about that scuba skin, but the Maulkiller one is nice and the fact that I didn't have to give LameStop my pre-order business makes it all the better.

Top Bottom