• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlackRock Shooter The Game (PSP RPG) - Official Site Open [Trailer added]

duckroll

http://brs.jrpg.jp/

Black★Rock Shooter The Game:
- PSP RPG
- Coming Summer 2011
- Regular Edition: 6279yen, LE: 10,479yen
- Directed by Niinou, written by Nojima
- RPG + Shooting + TPS
- Set in the year 2051 AD, after an alien invasion has destroyed Earth
- There are only 12 survivors left on the planet

Edit: More info added.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAEthXWcKqI

The game is set in the year 2051, when the ultimate weapon Black*Rock Shooter awakens. She was created in 2031 when humanity was invaded by 7 apostles from an alien world, and their army of robots. She was the last line of defense against the invasion. But by the time she awakens, the planet has been decimated, and only 12 humans remain alive on the planet.

The limited edition package contains:
- Game
- Original Black*Rock Shooter (White) Figma
- Black*Rock Shooter Artworks booklet
- Limited Soundtrack

zoku88

QisTopTier said:
Amazing how a little song program and random music video can turn into all this :lol
I have a feeling that the company makes more money from licensing fees than they do for their (imo, really annoying) program. :lol

duckroll

http://jrpg.jp/images/skin/jrpg_skin_brs_bg.jpg

Good art, don't hate.

Edit: Also, Maaya Sakamoto in our B*RS. <3

uMCzW.jpg

duckroll

The game is set in the year 2051, when the ultimate weapon Black*Rock Shooter awakens. She was created in 2031 when humanity was invaded by 7 apostles from an alien world, and their army of robots. She was the last line of defense against the invasion. But by the time she awakens, the planet has been decimated, and only 12 humans remain alive on the planet.

shuyin_

Banned
How stupid it is to create a weapon and not use it when you need it most but years later, after your whole planet is almost destroyed? :lol

Wehrwolf

Does this follow any sort of continuity with the anime? The modern day-half of the anime is well, rather 'normal world' of a setting, and the other-future-world half of the anime, while it doesn't show many other humans, I thought it was because they were just focusing on the battle between 2 characters ^^;. Doesn't seem to follow the same plot, but I guess there really was no exposition on anything other than that fight about the other-world.

Wehrwolf said:
Does this follow any sort of continuity with the anime? The modern day-half of the anime is well, rather 'normal world' of a setting, and the other-future-world half of the anime, while it doesn't show many other humans, I thought it was because they were just focusing on the battle between 2 characters ^^;. Doesn't seem to follow the same plot, but I guess there really was no exposition on anything other than that fight about the other-world.
remember that white haired girl with the huge claws? there are more characters in that world than the two lead(?) characters.

Though this game doesn't look like it is connected with the anime though.

duckroll

Wehrwolf said:
Does this follow any sort of continuity with the anime? The modern day-half of the anime is well, rather 'normal world' of a setting, and the other-world half of the anime, while it doesn't show many other humans, I thought it was because they were just focusing on the battle between 2 characters ^^;.

No, BlackRockShooter is a visual concept. When different creators take on the property to make something, they create their own back story, worldview, etc. The anime is from Ordet and that is their interpretation of BRS. This game is by Imageepoch, and this is their interpretation of BRS. The game won't even use the same voices, so it's very clearly a different world.

There is no "official" storyline or world for BRS. What drives the franchise is how different writers and directors translate huke's character designs/artwork and ryo's music into their own original story and setting.

Wehrwolf

duckroll said:
There is no "official" storyline or world for BRS. What drives the franchise is how different writers and directors translate huke's character designs/artwork and ryo's music into their own original story and setting.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up ^^.

duckroll said:
No, BlackRockShooter is a visual concept. When different creators take on the property to make something, they create their own back story, worldview, etc. The anime is from Ordet and that is their interpretation of BRS. This game is by Imageepoch, and this is their interpretation of BRS. The game won't even use the same voices, so it's very clearly a different world.

That's cool. I find that more appealing than a hardline interpretation of a fictional lore, which tends to invite unpleasant arguments instead of interpretations or taking personal lessons from what you've watched or experienced. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

Actually I didn't know there was an anime or anything related to this series.

Spiegel said:
Pretty high.

Imageepoch has announced that NISA will bring their games to NA and Europe
Cool. I was worried what with PSP software sales the way they are in the west we might not get it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
duckroll said:

Huh, the music's actually good.

Vanille

Ugh, ONE OK ROCK. Had to mute that shit.

Dunno about this game. Playable Dead Master would probably make me buy it, though.

duckroll

I just saw some scans. There's a huge mecha/worm/ship/thing called a City Eater. There are gameplay screens too, with gameplay interface, aiming cursor, etc. Looks pretty good. There's a red transformable mech called CNRT too, and the 5th Apostle is a pink hair girl named Nafue with totally mecha-rubbish arms. Totally typical of huke's more nonsensical designs. :lol

Bebpo

Banned
The song in that trailer :lol

I'm interested for sure, but coming from Japan, the emphasis on guns is a little worrying. They usually don't get gun-related games right.

7Th

Looks pretty decent. I want to believe this will get localized, but I'm still pretty bummed Last Ranker didn't leave Japan.

zoku88

I seem to like Ninou's games, but I don't really have faith in him making a good TPS + RPG. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Did they ever actually introduce that other character in the newest set of artwork?

I watched the OAV a couple weeks ago. It was pretty nice, but will characters from that be relevant in the game at all? The ones other than Black Rock Shooter herself?

Vanille

I watched the OAV a couple weeks ago. It was pretty nice, but will characters from that be relevant in the game at all? The ones other than Black Rock Shooter herself?

Characters from the OVA could make an appearance (Dead Master's VA is already confirmed), but the story will be unrelated. It’s like a re-imagining.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm in! I loved the Black Rock Shooter OVA.

Good question. I really hope they actually have present day stuff mixed in.

Oyashiro

Damn, looks really good visual-wise. I hope it will turn out to be at least decent. Definitely interested in playing.

Top Bottom