• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider Game Informer Info [Update 2: Multiplayer Jobs (Co-op/PvP) Post 892]

Grisby

It would be neat if the trailer was in the vein of the Deus Ex one, meaning a super high budget CG extravaganza done by Square.

Salaadin

Grisby said:
It would be neat if the trailer was in the vein of the Deus Ex one, meaning a super high budget CG extravaganza done by Square.
Wasnt there rumor that the Advent Children people were working on this?

Grisby said:
That would be nice and all but I want to see what the game truly plays/looks like, not some CG bs that's not really representative of the final game.

If that's what's going to happen then I hope CD at least have the decency of following up with a real gameplay trailer not long after.

UrbanRats

Larson Conway said:
Boob comparison time!

tumblr_le6w8iD7M21qc4q1e.png
Less polygons for the ass, confirmed!
Plagiarize said:
in fairness, CD already made a co-op Tomb Raider game and it was awesome.
Completely different gameplay though.
GoL is a dual stick shooter with some platform and puzzle element, with isometric camera, we have had multiplayer games similar to this for AGES.
This one is supposed to be a metroidvania with platform and survival elements.
With all this focus on realism and survival and atmosphere etc etc, you can't just pop in a 2° character and go with it.
I'm not saying they'll ruin it, but it's not that easy to imagine a good multiplayer/co-op mode to come out of this.

And even IF you can imagine a good survival game w/ coop, you'd have to dedicate to it far too many resources, to not make it something "attached" at the last moment.
Let alone a competitive multiplayer, that will probably be a ghost town after 2 months.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
In Regards To Our Final Tomb Raider Hub Update

A quick update for any of you who’ve been following our Tomb Raider coverage: The last piece of content for the Tomb Raider hub was slated to run today, but Crystal Dynamics has asked for an additional day to perfect the project.

So what can you expect tomorrow? Crystal Dynamics is giving fans a video tour of what it took to put together the impressively detailed Lara Croft render for our January cover. The scope is significantly larger than you may think – the image traveled internationally between three seasoned studios before evolving into what you see above.

Check back tomorrow evening for the content. Thank you for being patient!

Also:

Tomb Raider Screens Locked In A Cupboard

The cropped Tomb Raider images illustrating this article – which was essentially a long-winded link to Game Informer’s site – have been removed. This is because Game Informer’s executive editor, Andrew Reiner – after threatening our readers on Twitter – sent us a legal threat of our very own.

Sent

Kintaro said:
As much as I love Uncharted 2 (and I love it so), Co-Op and Deathmatch never existed to me. I didn't know anyone who bothered with it (outside of GAF) and it's really just a footnote. A checkmark on a list of crap that is seemingly mandatory on games now.

Just because you yourself see no use for a feature means very little to the devs who know their market better than you do. I personally love coop. Guardian of Light was 10x better with a friend.

Kintaro said:
As much as I love Uncharted 2 (and I love it so), Co-Op and Deathmatch never existed to me. I didn't know anyone who bothered with it (outside of GAF) and it's really just a footnote. A checkmark on a list of crap that is seemingly mandatory on games now. It's bread and butter is the single player campaign. Tomb Raider will be the same. I would rather they spend that money on making the single player that much better and adding single player DLC side-stories (or cool adventures) or something rather than bringing on another studio to work on a segment of the game that simply exists to check off a list.

Looking back, nobody remembers or will remember Uncharted 2 for its multiplayer.

You're crazy man. Just because YOU didn't find enjoyment in something doesn't mean others didn't. There are still 50,000 + daily players. Uncharted 2 multiplayer is great, and really fun. They supposedly only made the multiplayer portion in 1 year, and it's better than a LOT of other big name titles that are multiplayer focused.

Nobody knows how the TR multiplayer will turn out, but don't talk down on Uncharted MP just because you didn't play it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Net_Wrecker said:
You're crazy man. Just because YOU didn't find enjoyment in something doesn't mean others didn't. There are still 50,000 + daily players. Uncharted 2 multiplayer is great, and really fun. They supposedly only made the multiplayer portion in 1 year, and it's better than a LOT of other big name titles that are multiplayer focused.

Nobody knows how the TR multiplayer will turn out, but don't talk down on Uncharted MP just because you didn't play it.

Did I talk down on the quality of the multiplayer? No. however, Uncharted will be remembered for it's single player campaigns. Thinking otherwise is simply silly. I was simply speaking for myself. I would rather see that effort put elsewhere. You may disagree. That's fine. Sweet, about 1.3% of those who bought the game still play multiplayer. Awesome.

Does TR need the same? IMO, no. They have a lot of work to do just in the single player side of things in order to make it the big deal they think it is.

Kintaro said:
Did I talk down on the quality of the multiplayer? No. however, Uncharted will be remembered for it's single player campaigns. Thinking otherwise is simply silly. I was simply speaking for myself. I would rather see that effort put elsewhere. You may disagree. That's fine. Sweet, about 1.3% of those who bought the game still play multiplayer. Awesome.

Does TR need the same? IMO, no. They have a lot of work to do just in the single player side of things in order to make it the big deal they think it is.

But again, no one knows what this multiplayer in Tomb Raider will be like. If it's anything like Guardian of Light's co-op, it could turn out to be brilliant.

And on Uncharted, of course the games will be remembered for the campaigns, especially because there has only been multiplayer in one of the 2 games so far, but you're wording it like the campaigns aren't already top notch efforts so dedicating time to multi is harming the series. It really isn't, and they've already said there's going to be an even bigger focus in Uncharted 3. It isn't a footnote just because YOU didn't play it. And lol @ your 1.3% stat like I'm hurt now. Daily players fluctuate between 50-65k for a game that was released a over year ago and, as you put it, is remembered for its campaign. On the PS3, I'd say that's pretty damn good.

Anyway, let's just wait and see.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Salaadin said:
Wasnt there rumor that the Advent Children people were working on this?
Please don't be true — this alone could kill any interest I have in the game.

Yoshiya

cuyahoga said:
Please don't be true — this alone could kill any interest I have in the game.
Visual Works. That's just SE's internal CG studio, they did the cover render, the upcoming trailer, that Deus Ex trailer, FFXIII CG and yes, Advent Children. The direction was awful but that studio can produce some technically excellent CG for the industry they are in.

Top Bottom