• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Preparing Final Fantasy Type-0?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/12/29/square-enix-preparing-final-fantasy-type-0/

It appears Square Enix has another Final Fantasy spinoff in the works. By searching Europe’s trademark database, we discovered Final Fantasy Type-0.
In addition to a trademark for a potential title, Square Enix filed a logo for Type-0 with "type zero" written in kanji. Usually, Square Enix just files a title like Nier or Tactics Ogre. Since Square Enix registered a logo too, this is probably bigger.

Square Enix’s 1st production press conference is just a month away. Perhaps, we’ll see Final Fantasy Type-0 popup there.

25s7rjp.jpg

2rc1h85.png

Mr_Brit

Banned
Eugh, enough with the FF spinoffs Square. I say that they should stick to only making mainline FF games for the next 10 years after Versus and Agito come out.

Blablurn

i think this has the potential to be the best game of all time. seriously guys. i'm soooo hyped. after all the great games lately coming from square enix i'm sure they will not dissappoint us!

NO EFFIN WAY

omg, i'm currently sitting in the cafe, shaking because i'm so excited about this great...no, wait...fantastisch news.

ooh mein gott, bring it on, squaregod!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Regulus Tera said:
Sounds like a gritty reboot.

i don't think nomura would even draw overdressed jrock androgynes if they're just going to get shit on their faces, would make it difficult to reboot grittily. might have to look at the low-grit reboot or the reimagining or the dreaded 'FOR NEW ERA USER'

wsippel

Banned
SQEX announced an unspecified Final Fantasy title for 3DS a few months ago. Later, Nomura said in a video interview that Kingdom Hearts 3D is just the first of several 3DS titles they're working on (I assume he was talking about PDD1, considering SQEX had already revealed Chocobo Racing at that point). So 3DS would be my guess.

Mandoric

Banned
Don't worry, it'll be stuck in development hell until 2040.

Edit: Maybe I'm on to something. Maybe it's their ambitious project to outdo WRPGs, with just as poorly-considered a name as Project Midway. :lol

GDGF

Soothsayer
Aaron said:
Final Fantasy Type 0

> 0

YOU ARE WINNAR!

:lol

wsippel said:
SQEX announced an unspecified Final Fantasy title for 3DS a few months ago. Later, Nomura said in a video interview that Kingdom Hearts 3D is just the first of several 3DS titles they're working on (I assume he was talking about PDD1, considering SQEX had already revealed Chocobo Racing at that point). So 3DS would be my guess.

Yeah, I figure this is probably a 3DS announcement set for January. Of course I figure most new announcements are 3DS related so take it with a grain.

Vinci

Danish
GDGF said:
Yeah, I figure this is probably a 3DS announcement set for January. Of course I figure most new announcements are 3DS related so take it with a grain.

Soothsayer?

Mandoric

Banned
Foffy said:
But isn't Versus the game planned for release then? :lol

If we're talking about a 零式 that's not in 2040, next chance is 2140. We're talking strict, strict schedules passed down over 125 generations. :lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Stabby McSter said:
why can't a reboot just be called "THE Final Fantasy"?

cos then you couldn't do any sequels -- can't just reboot a game with all the FORCE and GRIT of declaring it 'THE final fantasy' and then go do your sequel -- 'NO THIS IS THE final fantasy'! no sir, that's no reboot, that's a FAREWELL CONCERT. a reboot is a mere colonic for an incontinent franchise -- it recovers and goes back to squeezing out product at the usual rate

sigh. can't they just name it as new ip? once upon a time, Squenix name are strong enough that people buy their game because it's made by Squenix, not because it has Final Fantasy title on it.

Nekofrog

Banned
How would you feel about a complete reboot of the Final Fantasy "series" (use that term loosely). Would it even be necessary since none of the games are even related? Would it make it easier to swallow these awful games called Final Fantasy (13 for example)?

Get rid of the standards/themes found within FF and make new ones (bye bye chocobos, moogles, whatever else)?

Colossally bad idea?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Final Fantasy 0?
First Reality?
WRPG version of Final Fantasy?
Nomura's take on the first Final Fantasy?
Original PSN/XBLA/WiiWare Final Fantasy game?

The possibilities are endless.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is this what's left of that GRIN Ivalice game perhaps?

Whatever happened to GRIN's Final Fantasy? Did Square hand over the project to someone else?

Edit: @Ushojax: Great minds think alike.

archnemesis said:
Whatever happened to GRIN's Final Fantasy? Did Square hand over the project to someone else?

Edit: @Ushojax: Great minds think alike.

This is from September 2009

The Final Fantasy title being worked on at GRIN before the studio collapsed is still in development by publisher Square Enix, GamesIndustry.biz understands.

Sources close to both parties have revealed that the game, initially signed off in Tokyo in the second half of last year and codenamed Fortress, was central to the collapse of the Swedish developer – Square took the project off GRIN after only six months of development due to concerns over quality issues.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/grins-final-fantasy-spin-off-still-in-development

Top Bottom