• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvsC3: Mike Haggar & (Jean Grey) Phoenix confirmed.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thanks everyone for the language clarification.

Articalys said:
How did those kinds of leaks happen in the first place, anyway? You'd think after the whole SSFIV roster got exposed before it was even announced they would have stepped up security or something.
The more people you have working on a game, the harder it is to lock down information.

I imagine this has a lot of people working on it, so there's not much they can do about it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Nirolak said:
The more people you have working on a game, the harder it is to lock down information.

I imagine this has a lot of people working on it, so there's not much they can do about it.
Specially when you outsource stuff.
Once your game its outside of your studio youre done.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I would have liked to see Haggar's launching command throw be more like Hugo's wallbounce throw. Much more dynamic than simply tossing them straight up.

Metro City stage looks great. Mad Gear toppled Haggar's statue, he ain't gonna like that.

Regular Ass Timberwolf Ammy looks really strange. Black & white Dr. Doom looks awesome.

Skilletor

LiK said:
Indeed, Tekken 5 did it the best. REAL fucking Mandarin for a Chinese character. Still no Cantonese for Hong Kong characters tho. :(

Yeah, but it sounds silly when you have a characters speaking different languages in dialogue.

Augemitbutter said:
animations are good, but game still looks like shit.

it took them a while to bring haggar back.

oO I think it looks fucking fantastic, and I've never been a fan of Marvel vs Capcom.

Give me a full length movie like those Episodes they've been releasing and I'd pay good money to watch it.

webrunner

Skilletor said:
Yeah, but it sounds silly when you have a characters speaking different languages in dialogue.

It'd be neat if the characters spoke different languages based on who they were talking to:

Ryu and Akuma would speak Japaense to each other, but Ken and Guile would speak english, etc. Some characters may not even be able to communicate with each other, which I think would be a neat way of showcasing their differing backgrounds.

But that's not really been a focus of the game's theme since SF2 where they had the little airplane, so whatever.

FINALLY. I have wanted Haggar in a 2D fighting game since the first Alpha game (Muscle Bomber games don't count).

ElyrionX said:
And Haggar is fucking lame, as expected. What a waste.

omfg_david_caruso_fuck_you.gif

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Woohoo. Happy w/ both reveals.

So, when Phoenix becomes Dark Phoenix (costume turns red, for those who don't even follow Marvel comics), is there a huge damage output increase?

As far as the roster as it stands now, I'm pretty good with it. Knowing that we'll likely see some dlc down the road, I'm hopeful we will get a few characters we've been hoping for.

I'm still certain we'll see Frank and Mega Man as dlc down the road. I'm hoping I'll get Gambit and Captain Commando as dlc also.

As for the roster now: I have Zero, Super Skrull, and X-23, all whom I cannot wait to try out. I'm quite happy with the roster so far.

Acosta

webrunner said:
It'd be neat if the characters spoke different languages based on who they were talking to:

Ryu and Akuma would speak Japaense to each other, but Ken and Guile would speak english, etc. Some characters may not even be able to communicate with each other, which I think would be a neat way of showcasing their differing backgrounds.

But that's not really been a focus of the game's theme since SF2 where they had the little airplane, so whatever.

Capcom stopped giving a shit about SF's story and background long time ago. It´s a shame, I really like your ideas, but seems only Arc and SNK still give a damn about adding some flavour to their characters.

Phoenix is awesome indeed.

bengraven

Awesome, Jean is one of my three favorite X-men. The other three should be in the game though, they were already in MvsC1 and 2 (Gambit and Rogue). Goddammit.

Now I'm going to dig through my closet and find those old Phoenix Saga trades I have lying around. I haven't read a comic in years.

Metalmurphy said:
oO I think it looks fucking fantastic, and I've never been a fan of Marvel vs Capcom.

Give me a full length movie like those Episodes they've been releasing and I'd pay good money to watch it.

i'd rather support a nice 2D animation movie, yummy! but as previously stated, capcom doesn't give a shit about their characters anymore. it's just some all star wank.

DR2K

Banned
Augemitbutter said:
i'd rather support a nice 2D animation movie, yummy! but as previously stated, capcom doesn't give a shit about their characters anymore. it's just some all star wank.

Not this shit again.

HaRyu said:
Woohoo. Happy w/ both reveals.

So, when Phoenix becomes Dark Phoenix (costume turns red, for those who don't even follow Marvel comics), is there a huge damage output increase?

I think you have to die with Phoenix with a level 5 Super bar. I've notice an damage output increase, but her health depletes also. You can't have cake with your ice cream, too.

Chauncy Talon said:
I think you have to die with Phoenix with a level 5 Super bar. I've notice an damage output increase, but her health depletes also. You can't have cake with your ice cream, too.

Plus chances are good your opponent will note that you're saving up for Dark Phoenix and make your life miserable.

Loving Haggar right now. Only thing I can nit pick about is his theme is not a remix of his Slammasters theme even though I'm loving the Slums Remix though. And the only thing Gief about him is that launcher throw. Everything else is all him. Mike Haggar: President of the Justice.

Phoenix is gonna be nasty. She weirdly puts me in the mind of Alpha 3 Bison for whatever reason with that pseudo Psycho Crusher and the teleport. I gotta applaud the way that the way her Dark Phoenix transformation was handled. But I wonder is that something you can activate like Devil Trigger with a super command? Or is it that she can only transform with 5 meters on death. We'll see. And now this game adds another one of my favorite VA's in Jennifer Hale. Nice.

webrunner

Chauncy Talon said:

Plus if you try the cake will burn and the ice cream will melt due to all of the fire.

dankir

All the Alt costumes look good, but I hope they'll have actually alternate costumes, not sure color schemes.

COME ON CAPGOD MAKE IT HAPPEN.

zlatko

Banned
Not to poop in anyone's pool, but come on Haggar is lame as fuck. His voice actor is terrible and has 0 excitement to his voice. Plus his supers are zzzz. I woulda loved to see Haggar do something like pull out two pipes beat you senseless with them, toss them both over his shoulder, head butt you, drop kick you up into the air, come up flying with you so when your opponent is up in the air upside down as he reaches them up there he head butts them again, then does the spinning pile driver.

It's like the Capcom guys don't know how to make supers look fucking awesome. :/

CPS2

It's too early to decide if I like "mvc3 Haggar," but Haggar is cool =]

Phoenix is a bit of a surprise, I mean very cool looking moves, looks powerful.

dankir

zlatko said:
Not to poop in anyone's pool, but come on Haggar is lame as fuck. His voice actor is terrible and has 0 excitement to his voice. Plus his supers are zzzz. I woulda loved to see Haggar do something like pull out two pipes beat you senseless with them, toss them both over his shoulder, head butt you, drop kick you up into the air, come up flying with you so when your opponent is up in the air upside down as he reaches them up there he head butts them again, then does the spinning pile driver.

It's like the Capcom guys don't know how to make supers look fucking awesome. :/

Have you ever played Final Fight or Saturday Night Slam masters?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Forget Haggar, Phoenix looks amazing. I got goosebumps when she said "I can't control it"

Espada

Haggar looks kind of underwhelming. Spencer and She-Hulk do almost as much damage from what we've seen while being faster and having more mobility options available to them.
Still, I LOVE the stage. Holy moley.

And Phoenix? Wow. They knocked it out of the park with her. Great character model, VA (is that some Jennifer Hale?), and play style. If this is the broken character Seth was talking about, I can see why he was impressed with the way they balanced her. She has dreadful stamina, requires 5 stock to resurrect, and after she comes back her health drains away.

Has anyone seen this video yet? It's got a ton of alternates that we only know about thanks to Kanta-kun on SRK.

Canine Warrior Jin alternate is GLORIOUS!

Oh snap, looks like in Super Street Fighter IV in Cody's theme ... We're gonna "Turn the beat back" in MvC3. :D

Edit: I also see the Captain Blue Color Scheme for Joe in the Phoenix video. Sweet.

dankir

Espada said:
Haggar looks kind of underwhelming. Spencer and She-Hulk do almost as much damage from what we've seen while being faster and having more mobility options available to them.
Still, I LOVE the stage. Holy moley.

And Phoenix? Wow. They knocked it out of the park with her. Great character model, VA (is that some Jennifer Hale?), and play style. If this is the broken character Seth was talking about, I can see why he was impressed with the way they balanced her. She has dreadful stamina, requires 5 stock to resurrect, and after she comes back her health drains away.

Has anyone seen this video yet? It's got a ton of alternates that we only know about thanks to Kanta-kun on SRK.

Canine Warrior Jin alternate is GLORIOUS!

Yeah the Spanish preview was posted yesterday.

ElyrionX

dankir said:
Have you ever played Final Fight or Saturday Night Slam masters?

I've played plenty of Fight Fights when I was a kid. I thought Haggar was lame in those games and I think Haggar is even more lame in MvC3.

Monocle

What's so special about Haggar? His character design is unremarkable and his fighting style is completely uninteresting. He just screams generic wrestler character. Looks like a waste of a slot to me.

Characters like Vergil got booted out of the initial roster so we could have this shit?

dankir

Monocle said:
What's so special about Haggar? His character design is unremarkable and his fighting style is completely uninteresting. He just screams generic wrestler character. Looks like a waste of a slot to me.

Characters like Vergil got booted out of the initial roster so we could have this shit?

LOL Vergil....

Top Bottom