***DO NOT UPDATE TO 3.56! DO NOT UPDATE TO 3.56!***
MOD POWER ABUSE
END MOD POWER ABUSE
Originally Posted by charlequin
As I mentioned in the previous update thread, this thread will be for discussion of and assistance with the use of homebrew on the PS3 system, within the rules of NeoGAF. This means that:
- As always, advocacy of piracy, linking to pirated materials, providing advice for or guides on committing piracy, or otherwise engaging in inappropriate behavior with regard to piracy will result in moderator action.
- Engaging in complaining about this thread being allowed to exist, accusing posters in this thread of piracy, attempting to start debates about piracy or the ethics of homebrew, or otherwise trying to grind an axe for one's personal beliefs regarding homebrew legitimacy will also result in moderator action.
I and other moderators will be reading this thread. We will certainly extend posters the benefit of the doubt, but these rules will be enforced to keep conversation here productive. Please try to keep things productive and respectful in here. Thanks!
How we arrived at this point:
BBC break down of the PS3 being hacked
Summary of the PS3 being hacked
Following the conference, acclaimed hacker GeoHot released the so called Sony Master key that is used to sign any application that runs on the Playstation 3. With this key, others were able to get a hold of every other key including the PSP master keys (Kirk keys).
*WARNING - We do not yet know how Sony will respond so just to be on the safe side, WAIT before you go online.
Just in case, block these websites from your router:
*WARNING - There is no BootMii or Pandora type of application to unbrick your PS3 if something were to go wrong.
fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net > Update Server (sys updates)
mercury.dl.playstation.net > What's new ads
nsx.np.dl.playstation.net > playstation store preview
nsx-e.np.dl.playstation.net > ads
(main file exchange connections)
us.np.stun.playstation.net > on boot initiates connection
ena.net.playstation.net > SSLv3 connection after above connection
dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net > secondary update attempt (could force updates)
auth.np.ac.playstation.net > SSLv3 authentication server
service.playstation.net (has multiple IPs if only the ip address is blocked)
creepo.ww.hl.playstation.net (uploads crash reports etc.)
*WARNING - LINKS/DOWNLOADS: Neither NeoGAF, nor any of its posters, can be held responsible for the content of external sites, or any damage caused by any software found therein. You use these sites and software entirely at your own risk!
NeoGAF Terms of Service:
The topics of emulation and piracy, including the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.
Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software will all result in the banning of the user in question.
Key websites to check out for the latest news:
IRC chats (All are on Efnet)
What you will need:
How to install CFW on your PS3
If you want to be on kmeaw:
- If You Are in OFW 3.55 : kmeaw>LV2 package(.pkg)
- If You Are in OFW 3.41 : OFW 3.55>kmeaw>LV2 package(.pkg)
- If You Are in Wutangrza>GeoHot : install the LV2 package(.pkg)
If you want to be on Wutangrza:
- You Are in Wutangrza : GeoHot>LV2 package
- You Are in OFW 3.55 : Wutangrza>GeoHot>LV2 package(.pkg)
- You Are in OFW 3.41 : OFW 3.55>Wutangrza>GeoHot>LV2 package(.pkg)
- You Are in Wutangrza>GeoHot : install the LV2 package(.pkg)
How to install Packages on Jailbroken PS3 3.55
Step 1: Plug your USB stick into your computer
Step 2: Drop file into the root of the USB stick
Step 3: Plug your USB stick into your PS3
Step 4: Navigate to the Game Tab
Step 5: Choose Install Package Files
Step 6: After it installs you will find the app installed below the Install Package Files folder
Homebrew that we are hoping will be released:
- CFW with built in Jailbreak
- MKV support
- Ability to install any homebrew (signed or not)
- Ability to run backups... install manager of our choice.
- Ability to run otherOS.
- Region free blu ray
- Emulators (Dreamcast, PS1, N64, and more)
- Direct rom launcher on XMB
- Allow 3rd party USB controllers/drivers (360 controller support?)
- Allow 3rd party bluetooth (Wii controller, sends files from other blutooth devices)
- Remap button controls
- Better and faster web browser
- Custom soundtrack support for all games
- Easy to navigate YouTube and Hulu apps
- Radio support
- Homebrew games (imagine the Move and PSEye homebrew games)
- NTFS hardrive support
- Unlock saves
- PDF, txt, comic reader
- New features for in game XMB if there is enough RAM (in game FAQ - open txt file)
- snes9x 4.4.4-Super Nintendo
- Mednafen-Project is under heavy development, there may be bugs, please report issues so they can be fixed!Supports NES, GB, GBC, GBA, SMS, GG, PCE. Zip files. Save States.
Will support PCE CD, Atari Lynx, NeoGeo Pocket Color and WonderSwan in the future.
- Final Burn Alpha Multi-Arcade Emulator-Includes Capcom CPS-1,Capcom CPS-2,Capcom CPS-3,Cave,Neo Geo,Sega System 16 (and similar), System 18, X-Board, Y-Board,Toaplan,Taito,Psikyo 68EC020 based hardware
- VBA-Game Boy Advance
- FCeu NES Emu-Nintendo Entertainment System
Backup Managers (Compatibility list)
1. N.A for updating the OP of the previous thread
2. BigNastyCurve for helping with the install procedure
3. D'SIGNER's from PSX-Scene for how to install CFW