• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem Forever: May 3 in NA, May 6 elsewhere [Trailer Added]

Kifimbo

Update:

Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/return-of-duke-nukem/709618?type=flv

Original:

Source: Game Informer

As it turns out, we now know when that's happening.

"Somehow the guys at Game Informer magazine discovered Duke Nukem Forever's launch date before I did," joked Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software and executive producer of Duke Nukem Forever. "But I cannot imagine any better video game news source team than Game Informer to reveal the moment of truth for the most inconceivable, incorrigible and inspiring turn around story in the history of the video game industry – the coming of Duke Nukem Forever on May 3, 2011."

“The moment fans all over the world have been waiting for is almost here,” says Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “May 3, 2011 marks Duke’s return as he unleashes his brash and brutally honest wit on the world. His return is going to be epic and one that will make video gaming history!”

May 3 is the North American release date. May 6 is worldwide.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Well I'm pretty sure that even the most optimistic dnf-"fan" will have subdued expecations.

I can't watch this.

It's like watching someone on the beginning stages of X Factor who truly thinks he can sing, only to sound like a dying cat. I feel uncomfortable.

Dedalus

top.gif

derFeef

Wow, so soon. I said it already, but this spring is packed with games.
peakish said:
Incredible. Will play, even though I'm not sure about Gearbox's abilities.
Gearbox is a great developer.

elektrixx

Banned
Halo and COD are gonna be wastelands. Everyone will be too busy hailing to the king.

I think I'll bet on Duke using my PS3.

Nemesis_

StuBurns said:
Just seems to be going after pretty much the exact same audience.

I dunno if I am wrong, but it seems that Duke Nukem has a bit more brand power / brand recognition that Bulletstorm, I don't think it will be a huge issue.

Still so surreal to see Duke Nukem coming out....finally!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This is a real thing, this is an actual, factual real thing, I really did never think I would see that day either.

Will buy it day 1, just to say I was there.

EDIT: The game better be Gold, I don't want any last minute bugs holding it up, now that we have a date.

Solo

Duke3D still remains one of my fondest gaming memories. The hundreds of hours I dumped into its SP, Dukematches (over dial-up modem to a neighbor down the street, lol), and creating levels in Build.....soooooooooooooooo good.

DaBuddaDa

DoctorWho said:
Were some gaffers even born when the game was announced?
Maybe. It was first announced April 28, 1997, which could make someone almost 14 years old if they were born on that date.

KareBear

Solo said:
Duke3D still remains one of my fondest gaming memories. The hundreds of hours I dumped into its SP, Dukematches (over dial-up modem to a neighbor down the street, lol), and creating levels in Build.....soooooooooooooooo good.

I still play it regularly you should get out the hrp and polymer if your computer can handle it.

http://hrp.duke4.net/media.php

Top Bottom