• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem Forever: May 3 in NA, May 6 elsewhere [Trailer Added]

Dead Man

I can't believe the day is coming. I have spent almost half my life waiting for this game. Hope it's not shit.

BowieZ said:
ForeverIllown;_;.jpg
Indeed.

I don't even care if it looks like this:

MuRdb.gif

It's getting released.

I know nothing about the current design of the game.

Any chance it's going to be an "arcadey" shooter with classic Duke humor? Not sure Gearbox has it in them. (note: I think they are a fine dev house)

Maybe Croteam or People can Fly for the arcadey shooter part, but I don't see many devs out there that can pick up on the humor some of these old games had. (look at Bethesda and Fallout for a perfect example).

Keeping expectations low, hope to be surprised.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Please be good. Please be good. Please have that Duke combination of attitude and humor. I know the trailers look great but still...please be good.

I wish 3D realms had realised that nobody cares what Duke looks like or how shitty it is. For some reason its one of those things you play for entertainments sake, even if its crap -- a bit like the Serious Sam games. As such, this is a decade overdue.

Still... looking forward to it.

Why did 3d realms never get it done incidentally? What were they doing with their time? Crack? Whores?

radioheadrule83 said:
I wish 3D realms had realised that nobody cares what Duke looks like or how shitty it is. For some reason its one of those things you play for entertainments sake, even if its crap -- a bit like the Serious Sam games. As such, this is a decade overdue.

Still... looking forward to it.

Why did 3d realms never get it done incidentally? What were they doing with their time? Crack? Whores?
Excuse me?

What, and Painkiller supposedly is also a bad game, but just fun?

Suairyu

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
note to anyone: a loud midi version of grabbag autoplays when you go to the game informer link.
You speak like that's a bad thing.

In other news, I'm off to Tesco's tonight to stock up on bubblegum.

tc farks

It feels weird to not play this game day 1. But whether or not I cave I'll play it sometime this year.

Great news to get the Friday off right!

Dead birds falling from the sky, Australia sinking beneath the waves, and now Duke Nukem being released. Truly this is the end of times.

Solo

radioheadrule83 said:

Er, Duke3D was legitimately great.

XPE

Blue Ninja said:
Dead birds falling from the sky, Australia sinking beneath the waves, and now Duke Nukem being released. Truly this is the end of times.

It looks like the Mayans were one year out !

StuBurns

Banned
Solo said:
Er, Duke3D was legitimately great.
As were Duke 1 and 2 for their time.

Duke 3D was the best shooter at the time of it's release, it had really great level design. The way that game teaches itself so quickly is still very impressive. Hollywood Holocaust is really masterful.

Suairyu

Banned
StuBurns said:
As were Duke 1 and 2 for their time.

Duke 3D was the best shooter at the time of it's release, it had really great level design. The way that game teaches itself so quickly is still very impressive. LA Meltdown is really masterful.
Duke 1 and 2 were legitimately good, but not great. 3D was great.

LA Meltdown has to be one of the best opening levels ever. No boring tutorials. Just quickly but fairly ramping up the challenge level and options available to you so you can feel the game out. More games should be like that.

And man, the amount of ways you could finish the levels, all the shortcuts etc. Working out how to finish LA-Meltdown in under two minutes is still one of my favourite memories.

Fuck Episode 2, though. Other than the Star Trek level and the end boss, I didn't like any of it. Episode 3 was where it was at. The flooded city was impeccable level design and you got to kick sharks in the face.

mandiller

I played Duke Nukem Forever at an event a few months ago. If I hadn't I would have a hard time believing it's actually real and coming out. The game won't be revolutionary, but it should be a nice fun romp.

Owensboro

So, time for the real question.... are there going to be any pre-order bonuses for this? And will your "bonus" vary based on how long you have actually had it pre-ordered?

Top Bottom