• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem Forever: May 3 in NA, May 6 elsewhere [Trailer Added]

I don't really remember revering it for its gameplay, but maybe I was too harsh with my comments... I guess what I was saying was that I enjoyed it, but I think I enjoyed the world and the humour more than anything else.

Owensboro said:
So, time for the real question.... are there going to be any pre-order bonuses for this? And will your "bonus" vary based on how long you have actually had it pre-ordered?

You get a real life replica of Duke Nukem if you have ordered the game before 1998

Dead Man

radioheadrule83 said:
I don't really remember revering it for its gameplay, but maybe I was too harsh with my comments... I guess what I was saying was that I enjoyed it, but I think I enjoyed the world and the humour more than anything else.
It was so smooth, and just about perfected fast paced mouse controls for FPS's. The level design was great, especially considering the tech limitations. And the weapons were godly. Devastator. So good.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Owensboro said:
So, time for the real question.... are there going to be any pre-order bonuses for this? And will your "bonus" vary based on how long you have actually had it pre-ordered?
Nope, the real question is, "When does the DNF demo tied to my copy of Borderlands on Steam unlock?!?!"

Grisby

DaBuddaDa said:
It will have been 14 years and 1 week from announcement before this game hit stores. Wow.

Man, that kind of hits you. Ridiculous to think its coming out in a few months.

Xater

It's a sign of the end of days!

Seriously though, I am super pumped. I will get this game day 1. I don't even care if it's good, I just want to see the result of this development hell the game was in.

Spookie

Bloody hell: Prey, Team Fortress 2 and now Duke Nukem Forever (almost) released.

What's next Episode 3? Ha!

Please Valve :(

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So, will all the "vaporware king" jokes transfer to Final Fantasy Versus XIII on that date?

Time to cash in my bets. :D

StuBurns

Banned
twinturbo2 said:
So, will all the "vaporware king" jokes transfer to Final Fantasy Versus XIII on that date?

Time to cash in my bets. :D
hl2ep3.jpg

Versus is more than seven years deep, but not enough people care.

Spookie said:
I managed to forget duke has about as much tact as a drunken racist hobo.

There are so many "Dudebro" style characters in games nowadays, that Duke needs to turn up the volume to stay ahead of the pack. I believe this trailer is proof that Gearbox/3Drealms have succeeded.

I will play it with a smile on my face, just like I did when I played Duke 3D when I was.... 11.... and a half....

Link1110

Stumpokapow said:
note to anyone: a loud midi version of grabbag autoplays when you go to the game informer link.
Forced midis playing? Was the site created in 1997, when the game was first supposed to come out?

Suairyu

Banned
Uncensored mutilation but censored ass and penis? What?

Uncensored written "fuck" but censored verbal "fuck"? What?

Duke's sold out.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Suairyu said:

Duke's sold out.
I'm going to blame the ESRB on that one, they can get skittish on trailers like this.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Oh boy!

Now to be honest, I still have quite a few reservations on the title. Specifically it being on consoles, and how they talked about sacrifices to bastardize it

Suairyu said:

Duke's sold out.

Video is on Youtube. They could have censored it so it doesn't get taken off.

Suairyu said:

Duke's sold out.

Pretty sure it won't be like that in game. They had the triple-titted alien censored, and we all know from Dante's Inferno that you can totally roll that monster breast shit in a modern M game.

Trailer looks great! I can't believe its actually coming out. (laughs) Duke 3D feels like something way back from my childhood, thats how long its been.... someone should make a movie based on all the events and stories that games development went through.

Go Gearbox!

Borderlands 2 next please.

DoctorWho said:
Man, I could see this getting an AO rating if everything is uncensored.

An AO Duke Nukem would be only too appropriate. Sadly odds of this = zero, I think. But hey, it's still RP so anything goes, right? Maybe it will have a code like Saboteur.

EDIT: And KareBear is right; just piss as seen in the demo a few months back.

KareBear

GBX_AdamF said:
Duke censored?

Haha..

Dont worry.. the game isn't ;)

How about the two weapons limit?Mod tools and dedicated servers?.Thanks a lot to you and everyone else at Gearbox regardless

Xater

Genesis Knight said:
I wish. But hey, it's still RP so anything goes, right? Maybe it will have a code like Saboteur.

It showed the M rating at the beginning of the trailer and a Gearbox guy just confirmed it one post above you. ;)

Suairyu

Banned
GBX_AdamF said:
Duke censored?

Haha..

Dont worry.. the game isn't ;)
I know the game isn't. But the trailer is. It worries me that modern (American) culture is so cool with pain inflicted on others and straight mutilation in fiction but the sight of ass, dicks or tits sends it into meltdown think-of-the-children mode. It's a crime of humanity, really.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I don't know how much I like this, "bam, release date!" Any impressions in the Game Informer? Pretty much have seen one demo of the game and it really didn't show much...

Top Bottom