• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming NA Releases: 1/23 - 1/29 [Dead Space 2, Two Worlds II]

ds2title.png

Developer: Visceral Games
Release Date: January 25

Boxarts

Regular Edition
ds2boxart360.png
ds2boxartps3.png
ds2boxartpc.png

Collector's Edition
ds2boxart360ce.png
ds2boxartps3ce.png
ds2boxartpcce.png

Dead Space 2 Official Thread -- The Marker Is Not A Sharpie
Dead Space 2 Demo Impressions Thread
Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition, Has Replica Plasma Cutter
Dead Space 2 E3 live demo
Dead Space 2 Announced

ds2screen1.png
ds2screen2.png

==============================

twiititle.png

Developer: Reality Pump
Release Date: January 25

Boxarts

twiiboxart360.png
twiiboxartps3.png

Two Worlds II Official Thread -- QA Tested, Jerry Approved
Two Worlds II Review Thread

twiiscreen1.png
twiiscreen2.png

The Rest of the Release Schedule

Playstation 3

Playstation Network

January 25
deadspaceextractionpsn.png

Dead Space: Extraction

XBOX 360

XBOX Live Arcade

January 26
breachxbla.png

Breach

Wii

DS

January 25
pawsandclawsmarinerescue.png

Paws and Claws: Marine Rescue

PSP

January 25
lordofarcana.png

Lord of Arcana

PC

January 24
mondaynightcombatpc.png

Monday Night Combat

January 25
magicka.png

Magicka

January 26
breach.png

Breach

List of previous weeks

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Oh wow, Magicka is finally coming out. Forgot about that game.

Two Worlds II PC, anyone know the release date? Amazon shows Feb. 28th. REALLY?

DaBuddaDa

Magicka and Monday Night Combat for me. Double dipping on MNC; been hoping for a PC version since it was originally announced! Dead Space 2 after a price drop, Two Worlds II when it decides to show up on Steam. What the hell, Two Worlds II. You're missing out on thousands upon thousands of sales.

Very interested in 2 Worlds 2, not so much in Dead Space 2 though.

Also since it's DD it doesn't matter but Breach's 'box art' looks terrible.

breachxbla.png

wwm0nkey

Getting Two Worlds II for the 360, Breach on XBLA. Then there is also the Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm Demos that come out on the 25th too....this week is going to be good for playing games.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Two World II is my kind of game and apparently it takes nice screencaps, but I'll probably wait and see how it's received before I make the leap. The first game was a mess so it's a 'precede with caution' type of deal for me.

I liked Dead Space, but for some reason I feel completely apathetic about the sequel. I'll play it eventually but as of now I have no interest in dropping $60 on it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Extraction is only playable on the Dead Space 2 BD and EA hasn't made any official announcements about a PSN release date, even though it's likely to happen eventually.

Ceebs

Snuggler said:
Two World II is my kind of game and apparently it takes nice screencaps, but I'll probably wait and see how it's received before I make the leap. The first game was a mess so it's a 'precede with caution' type of deal for me.

I liked Dead Space, but for some reason I feel completely apathetic about the sequel. I'll play it eventually but as of now I have no interest in dropping $60 on it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Extraction is only playable on the Dead Space 2 BD and EA hasn't made any official announcements about a PSN release date, even though it's likely to happen eventually.
Go read the TW2 thread for impressions as a few of us have had the game for a few months now. (Hint: It's pretty damn good)

Dick Laurent said:
25th Jan. AI War Light of the Spire for PC.
I took a look on the game's official site and could only see this:
This expansion is still in beta: beta means it's not finished, but at this stage it's very close. There might be a few issues, but we're not aware of anything major. The new music tracks won't be released until the expansion officially launches, however -- which should be very soon.
It also is not up for pre-order on Steam yet either, which is one way in which the game's previous expansions were distributed, so unless you saw something official that I missed, I'm not sure if that date is correct.

Ranger X said:
Magicka looks awesome. Is it released on XBLA simultaneously ??
When it was originally announced over a year ago, it was for XBLA/PC, but since then it seems the XBLA version was either dropped or delayed, as the game is currently listed as just for PC Download on Paradox's site.

Snuggler said:
It was announced as coming to PSN separately as well on the Playstation Blog:
The deadliest version of Dead Space: Extraction comes to the PlayStation Move, where you can find it in the Collector’s and Limited Edition versions of Dead Space 2 for PS3. Did I mention you can also find Extraction on the PlayStation Network?

I tried Lord of Arcana's demo. Not bad. It's not what I expected as a Monster Hunter clone.

Dead Space 2 is getting great reviews!

But the reviews say that multiplayer is underwhelming. Wish Visceral games just added more single player content instead.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Regarding Magicka, it has been rated for the PS3 too (thus PS3/360/PC). So I'm guessing it's still coming out.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I will not rent Paws and Claws: Marine Rescue out of morbid curiosity…
I will not rent Paws and Claws: Marine Rescue out of morbid curiosity…

Typing that two times should be enough to convince me not to do it, right?

seat

I'm definitely giving Dead Space 2 a go, but I'm still skeptical that Two Worlds II won't be a bad game like its predecessor. A few positive reviews from obscure sources aren't enough to convince me.

wwm0nkey

seat said:
I'm definitely giving Dead Space 2 a go, but I'm still skeptical that Two Worlds II won't be a bad game like its predecessor. A few positive reviews from obscure sources aren't enough to convince me.
Me and a few other people bought Two Worlds II on the PC awhile ago. Its a pretty great game.

Top Bottom