• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salazar said:
Sooyoung's family is terribly rich, too, apparently. Her father is in construction in some lucrative way.

CAibz.gif
Well Fuck....

Rocketship.jpeg

Ashhong

Trident said:
So this is what the male equivalent of a Twilight fan is...

I think you meant to post this in a Nintendo thread.

for Yamato

tumblr_lfkdbnuYwA1qc44u6o1_500.png

Is tere a bigger version of that anime picture? Would love to have that as a wallpaper

panda21

nice work Salazar!

this idol athletics looks like its going to be fun

hope Sooyoung and her 'special' legs are in it

louis89

Dice said:
Yes, it's Hyuna from 4minute. There are a bazillion videos of her floating around on youtube, and she does know how to be extremely sexy. 4minute is coming back next month. It will be awesome, but they'll be wearing more clothes than that because of the new regulations.
What's this I hear about regulations?

Salazar

louis89 said:
What's this I hear about regulations?

I am assuming it has something to do with the stations that refused to play G.D. and TOP's new single - which was really pretty unobjectionable - ostensibly because it had too much slang or something like that.

I didn't know there was anything actually codified; I thought it was just a sort of tightness in the informal policy of a few media outlets.

Salazar

No SNSD involvement though, right ?

Still going to be terrific. It's cool when they are good at something, and funny when they're not.

Estival

Run Devil Run is my favorite of their songs, I discovered them through hearing of that song through the Ke$ha version.

Salazar said:
No SNSD involvement though, right ?

Still going to be terrific. It's cool when they are good at something, and funny when they're not.

SNSD are promoting in Japan.

Re: Kesha

I think she recorded the song, but turned it down for her album (kind of like how Britney recorded Lady Gaga's Telephone but rejected it)

Salazar said:
I didn't even know it was a cover.

What I've gathered is that the Kesha version was just a demo (so how the song should sound/be sang) then SM bought the rights to it and changed the lyrics etc.

Practically every SHINee song has a demo in English.

tiff

Banned
CaptYamato said:
Today in my Japanese class a person asked the teacher if she liked J-Pop, she said no but my daughter loves a Korean pop group. Before she finished I said SNSD with out thinking and the whole class just stopped and stared at me. I was right.
Don't let anyone tell you the internet isn't a bad influence.

it's a joke K-PopGAF don't hurt me

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Some thoughts for the haters:

The phrase "it's creepy" is just a way of saying you are uncomfortable with something. This is understandable when it goes against the proper way of nature, like pedophilia, but when it is something like men admiring the beauty of women in their 20s I can't find any good reason to be against it.

Perhaps you think we spend night and day obsessing over them. Well, I suppose I can't speak for the others, but I don't think that is the case... okay, well maybe with Salazar it is. However, these girls are insanely popular worldwide, there are photos and gifs and videos of them everywhere. It doesn't take long to find a nice one and share it here.

When I look around, I don't see how the focus on them is higher than it is with celebrities in the west. There may be more content about them, because they do more shows and interviews than the often recluse Hollywood stars, but I can't help but think that many are blind to how much focus they personally put on the same 2-3 dozen western stars.

Of all the things in the world to become indignant about, to hold an air of superiority and look down on others over, you pick the simple, open appreciation of beauty? If it is truly a higher mindset that rejects such a thing, may I remain a simpleton forever. To take a simple happiness that another finds in something good and actually spend energy and words tearing it apart... I can't help but find that creepy.

However, something lingers in the back of my mind, a question... When it's celebrities of any other ethnicity, it is never called creepy unless they are underage. Those posting may be seen as immature for ogling women, but they aren't called creepy and those not interested usually just stay out. So why is the creepy card played every time without fail when the subject is Asian?

Is it really because of a predominant stereotype of a social reject trying to find acceptance in a foreign culture, or could it be that the foreign culture itself is rejected as something only a weirdo could possibly find interest in? I really want to think better of others, to not assume racism and xenophobia, but when I try to find other ways out of it, the contrast of reactions with that factor in view is far too stark and consistent. I'm not saying that it's a conscious discrimination, but it's really disappointing.

Pein

Banned
Ashhong said:
Why is that creepy? Maybe you should read Dice's great post above yours.
I will always find the amount of attention these girls get as creepy. I don't give a fuck.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I would think that the biological processes which make men love beautiful young women don't magically disappear when you enter your 40s. Does that mean they are ideal partners for someone in that age range? No, but the gap need not entirely rule them out and there is certainly no reason that attraction and appreciation would end. I somehow doubt that Jessica Alba and similar stars have fanbases entirely comprised of teenagers, so why would it be different for Korean starlets? If anything, I would think it's a sign that men in those demographics are showing some restraint and paying attention to whoever is at the forefront of the media rather than indulging in all kinds of smut.

Bento

Taeyeon is the girl from the Panther Lotus gifs right? So cute :eek:)

One day I am totally gonna start listening to K- and Jpop for realz (or at least half realz). I've listened to some albums from a couple of bands and solo artists like Yuki, Kahimi Karie and hmm... That's pretty much it for female artists at least :p Heard some singles with SNSD, Morning Musume and some Anime intro/outro tracks but if anyone has suggestions I'm willing to give a listen. Preferably some high energy pop or sleaze ballads! :D

Ashhong

Bento said:
Taeyeon is the girl from the Panther Lotus gifs right? So cute :eek:)

One day I am totally gonna start listening to K- and Jpop for realz (or at least half realz). I've listened to some albums from a couple of bands and solo artists like Yuki, Kahimi Karie and hmm... That's pretty much it for female artists at least :p Heard some singles with SNSD, Morning Musume and some Anime intro/outro tracks but if anyone has suggestions I'm willing to give a listen. Preferably some high energy pop or sleaze ballads! :D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25583443&postcount=763

SuperÑ said:
Taller or shorter, they all look the same person to me. WTF is happening to my eyes, GAF!?
Don't worry I can't tell black people apart. I'm sure Kobe plays for like 5 NBA teams...

Now really, they all look different. It's not that hard to tell them apart.

watatatow

SuperÑ said:
Taller or shorter, they all look the same person to me. WTF is happening to my eyes, GAF!?
Nothing, you're just not interested in Asian women, and as a result you don't pay attention.

I myself don't give a flying fuck about live action TV series, so just about every TV actor looks like a generic mannequin to me.

broadwayrock said:
SNSD are promoting in Japan.

Re: Kesha

I think she recorded the song, but turned it down for her album (kind of like how Britney recorded Lady Gaga's Telephone but rejected it)

As I understood it she just recorded it for a demo, not even an album. SM Ent. bought the rights to the song for SNSD.

A lot of antis are spamming the Run Devil Run vid with bullshit. They complain about SM Ent. buying a song, as if Ke$ha didn't COMPLETELY rip of Uffie's style? Bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom