• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 3.56 Feature Found! NO MORE HDD UPGRADES!!! (on 16MB units) [fixed]

linkboy

SlaughterX said:
So what's the biggest HDD you can put in a P23, is it 500GB or is there a limit?

To my knowledge there isn't a limit, but I believe some 750GB drives and the 1TB drives are to big for the drive tray since they're taller.

androvsky

davepoobond said:
i love how when a case of plainly obvious countermeasures are enacted against pirating, its not "piracy's fault"

so all those DRM programs and serial numbers we are required to have to install programs are there because piracy didnt make it happen. right.

just sayin.

Except when it's obviously just a bug that's already been fixed.

First batch 40 GB here. CECHH...Makes me wish i never sold my launch unit. Fuck. Not just because of this, but because of the BC and everything! It was so sexy with better looking grills and everything.

Bug's been fixed... maybe a thread title change would help?

Emitan

SlaughterX said:
So what's the biggest HDD you can put in a P23, is it 500GB or is there a limit?
I think as long as it's a laptop drive (2.5" is the measurement, I believe) it will work. I'm not sure if they make 1TB drives in that size yet.

fernoca

disappeared said:
So if I upgrade to 3.56 via the internet (still running 3.55), is the bug fix included?
Yep. Via the internet or via the same PS3.
I was on 3.56 and downloaded the fix through the same unit. When scanning for updates it recognized it as a new update, even when I already had it.

fernoca said:
Yep. Via the internet or via the same PS3.
I was on 3.56 and downloaded the fix through the same unit. When scanning for updates it recognized it as a new update, even when I already had it.

Sounds good, thanks.

FW patch didn't work for me. Had to do a dd copyin linux before I could format and restore again (2nd time). Thanks Sony... another wonderful feature. Just like protecting me from purchasing content in a bundle because I already own a piece of it.

Lord Griegous said:
I upgraded my HDD a couple of days ago. You definitely need to manually (from a flash frive) upgrade to the new 3.56 with THE OLD HDD IN. Then swap to the new HDD with the 3.56 in a flash drive inserted and the new HDD will be formatted without any problem.
wow, that sounds awful.

are you sure you can't just boot to the recovery/factory mode or whatever and flash from there?

Top Bottom