• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancys Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD for PS3 confirmed (xbox 1 screens)

AiTM

Banned
Loudninja said:
No multiplayer

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DAMNIT MOTHERFUCKER FUCK

Well there goes my whole reason for buying it. One of my most anticipated games of the year, me and an old xbox live friend met on this multilayer, and played it for years straight. We were so excited to go back and play again, to live out the nostalgia and hopefully with a revived community. But you just fucked my ass developers.

Edit: I really dont know how they could be this dumb. Why would ANYONE care about this game that you can play a million other places. Co-op and multi is what made people love these games and gave them replayability, and its the one thing that could have brought back the multilayer for all of us old fans. Now its just a single player you can play in numerous other places. WHY would they do this? Was it really that hard to add in multi?

Grisby

I kind of expected multi wouldn't be in there. Still, a big disappointment.

I'm still interested because the SP campaigns were great and I don't own the original SC or Pandora Tomorrow anymore.

Glad to hear it's not PS2 ports, day one for this. Kind of sucks that there's no multi, but I have no time in my gaming schedule to play a 6 year old game online anyway, except for a quick nostalgia fix, so whatevs.

paparazzo

I'll be getting it since I only played the first SC like five years ago and didn't bother with the rest since the PS2 versions were inferior. Damn this year for having so many games lol.

Hyphen

This is great news for me. Never played a Splinter Cell game before, so I'll definitely be getting this one.

Pooya

It's been ages since the last time I played PT, but those screens look strange a bit, is it cel shaded or something? I don't think it looked like that on PC, textures look different. I think it looks much better, character models were quite horrid in the PC version.
5596015491_11de1acc7a_o.jpg

Untracked

No Co-op or Spies vs Mercs? REALLY?!
That's all I was looking forward to...

I still own the originals on Xbox, are they still Backwards Compatible?

Emitan

Untracked said:

I know Chaos Theory is because I bought it from Xbox originals.

AiTM

Banned
Untracked said:

Yes but Microsoft closed down the servers...meaning you can no linger play any of the multi or coop online...which is why I was so excited for this to come out

RedSwirl

Damn and double damn.

Still, if you only played the Splinter Cell games on PlayStation or Nintendo, I'd say this collection is still worth it to get to see the definitive versions of the games, especially Chaos Theory. I myself only played the first two Splinter Cell games on Gamecube.

Untracked

AiTM said:
Yes but Microsoft closed down the servers...meaning you can no linger play any of the multi or coop online...which is why I was so excited for this to come out
Thanks, thats what I thought.
It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft stopped BC altogether, so they could keep selling you the same shit every 5 years.

rvy

Banned
Ridley327 said:
You were expecting UE2 games targeted for the Xbox to age gracefully?
I don't know what I was expecting. That wasn't it though. Even CT looks like ass, I don't understand how.

Edit, what the fuck, I was just checked the comparison shots in the other thread and it looks much better.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
rvy said:
I don't know what I was expecting. That wasn't it though. Even CT looks like ass, I don't understand how.

Edit, what the fuck, I was just checked the comparison shots in the other thread and it looks much better.
Seriously, go play them again. They don't look good at all. The art direction is pretty ugly in a lot of ways (especially the character models).

Conviction looks infinitely better than any of the previous games (both artistically and technically).

AiTM

Banned
Always-honest said:
Why?.. Aren't these games bought because of their single player?
Co-op would be nice though :(

The single player is available on xbox, ps2, xbox 350 via emulation, and PC...and everyone has played them. The multiplayer for these games where HUGE at the time they came out. And you can play them no where else except on PC, which has no controller support and ZERO people playing it. This coming on PS3 would have renewed the player base, and gave people a chance to play the multiplayer that is no where else to play.

rvy

Banned
dark10x said:
Seriously, go play them again. They don't look good at all. The art direction is pretty ugly in a lot of ways (especially the character models).

Conviction looks infinitely better than any of the previous games (both artistically and technically).
The other thread gave me hope, I liked what I saw. If the framerate is 60, I'm down for this.

Untracked

Always-honest said:
Why?.. Aren't these games bought because of their single player?
Co-op would be nice though :(

It sucks for me because I've already bought, played and loved these Single Player games (they are great).
Multiplayer was a new and fresh experience back in the day, it would have been awesome to revisit it in HD.

If you haven't played the campaigns then I recommend this Trilogy, but without Multiplayer theres nothing in it for me :(
Gutted.

AiTM

Banned
revolverjgw said:
They probably figured it wasn't worth the effort, nobody would be playing these games online after a month anyway

Do you not see everyone else in this thread saying its all they looked forward to? We have all played the single player, I would guess a high percentage of people who looked forward to this were people who missed the multiplayer and coop.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
AiTM said:
Do you not see everyone else in this thread saying its all they looked forward to? We have all played the single player, I would guess a high percentage of people who looked forward to this were people who missed the multiplayer and coop.

Exactly. The multiplayer was the best part of the 2nd game. I will never forget the theater level. That was without a doubt my favorite one.

AiTM said:
The single player is available on xbox, ps2, xbox 350 via emulation, and PC...and everyone has played them. The multiplayer for these games where HUGE at the time they came out. And you can play them no where else except on PC, which has no controller support and ZERO people playing it. This coming on PS3 would have renewed the player base, and gave people a chance to play the multiplayer that is no where else to play.
okay.. guess i didn't even play online games in that time (gamecube guy bak then). But the friends that played it were always raving about how great the single player was.

AiTM said:

Yeah I see them. I see a lot of misleading trends on neogaf. You'd think MGS4 and GTA4 are the worst games of all time. Vocal minorities, and all that. The negative tends to drown out the positive.

The game will sell just fine because three long campaigns, all with their own trophies, at a discounted price and backed by big nostalgia and accolades is a big draw. They'll lose a tiny portion of its sales from the really hardcore, most of whom really wouldn't be bothering with it long-term after getting the nostalgia out of their system, anyway. Not worth the effort for them to get the online back up and and running, and then maintaining it.

AiTM

Banned
revolverjgw said:
Yeah I see them. I see a lot of misleading trends on neogaf. You'd think MGS4 and GTA4 are the worst games of all time. Vocal minorities, and all that. The negative tends to drown out the positive.

The game will sell just fine because three long campaigns, all with their own trophies, at a discounted price and backed by big nostalgia and accolades is a big draw. They'll lose a tiny portion of its sales from the really hardcore, most of whom really wouldn't be bothering with it long-term after getting the nostalgia out of their system, anyway. Not worth the effort for them to get the online back up and and running, and then maintaining it.

Its a re-release of a 6 year old hardcore game, It is the hardcore who are interested in this. Normal Call of Duty players dont care about this. The multiplayer was number 1 for a long time, its what kept the game alive for so long. People played the online of multiplayer for 5 years after it came out until MS shut down the servers.

You have it backwards, its single player no one will play after a month.

tzare

they could release a online only game (like warhawk) featuring spies vs mercs at 15 bucks. i'd be there day one.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
PC ports?

Consider this 100% bought.

I'm shocked these aren't the PS2 versions. They fact they aren't is enough for me... I appreciate we're getting the best versions for this collection. Who the heck was really expecting mp?

AiTM said:
You have it backwards, its single player no one will play after a month.

Well yeah, that's all they need people to play them for. There won't be a big enough crowd of regular online players for them to justify bothering to create and maintain any sort of online presence. If they thought they could make some money putting in that effort, they'd do it. Three sizeable campaigns and trophies for 40 bucks for minimal fuss will do the trick.

JB1981

recklessmind said:
PC ports?

Consider this 100% bought.

I'm shocked these aren't the PS2 versions. They fact they aren't is enough for me... I appreciate we're getting the best versions for this collection. Who the heck was really expecting mp?

i wasn't expecting mp either i think i might buy these. nice upgrade.

tzare

fuck, i had preordered it on amazon but that post says BRD release will take longer. I don't know what to do now :/

Top Bottom