• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New inFamous 2 screens and trailer

Karma moments from inFAMOUS now represented by character driven dialogue and 3D mocap cutscenes. Your conscience comes into play with the introduction of Kuo and Nix, two NPC characters. Kuo is a NSA agent working to help Cole defeat the Beast. Nix is a New Marais native that grew up in the swamps around New Marias, whose hatred for Bertrand stems from witnessing him kill her family. She is your hedonistic guide that coaxes Cole into not thinking about the consequences of his actions.

There will be multiple crossroads where Cole will decide to follow Kuo’s lead or give into Nix’s temptations. Your choices will directly affect the gameplay by permanently remaining in the world. Whatever path you choose, remember in inFAMOUS 2 you can always change your mind for it’s never too late to look for redemption or to say “Hell with it” and become selfish.

HPuML.jpg

td2jH.jpg

WIhqj.jpg

gqyHO.jpg

URzcu.jpg

zHneL.jpg

oIVlw.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbz2n7pSIzo

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/02/01/infamous-2-unveil-at-the-playstation-experience/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Sucker Punch wants inFamous 2 Graphics to Beat Uncharted 2

DMeisterJ

Banned
We will not bring 'it' up in this thread. We wil not bring 'it' up in this thread. Plz :)

--

Anyways, looks really good, much anticipated game after I finally beat the original.

GeoramA

There will be multiple crossroads where Cole will decide to follow Kuo’s lead or give into Nix’s temptations. Your choices will directly affect the gameplay by permanently remaining in the world. Whatever path you choose, remember in inFAMOUS 2 you can always change your mind for it’s never too late to look for redemption or to say “Hell with it” and become selfish.
Now that sounds cool. Glad they finally spilled the beans on the different path element.

Will help Kuo my first playthrough.

SolidSnakex said:

Jesus, really Sucker Punch, really?

Well I'd loved Infamous 1's gameplay enough to ignore the terrible plot and awful characters, I can do the same for Infamous 2. Still would be nice to have character designs that don't make me feel embarassed for the person who made them.

Xater

Yeah the final game will not look this clean, but it will still be a great improvement over the first game.

We've already seen gameplay, the game looks amazing. Anyway can't wait, probably in my top 3 most anticipated games of the year. By probably I mean obviously.

jett

D-Member
Some hideous character design up in this bitch. Is that thing supposed to be an alien or something? I don't get it.

Lime

The character designs are pretty terrible, imo. The half-naked woman looks like the video game version (i.e. misogynistic) of something out of Battlefield Earth, while the main character looks like a cross-breed between Eminem and a redneck.

GeoramA

jett said:
Some hideous character design up in this bitch. Is that thing supposed to be an alien or something? I don't get it.
She's a swamp person and a villain. What do you expect her to look like?

Captain Pants said:
I realize there are a lot of asian women in black suits, it just immediately reminded me of her.
Honestly, I thought the same thing when I first saw it...lol.

Grisby

A Star Wars character appears! :p

Didn't give the first game much of a chance. Going to remedy that though before this one comes out.

Erasus

I love Infamous 1 just replayed it.

And I think those are bullshots sadly. Infamous is infamous for bad IQ, jaggies everywhere in that game.

Erasus said:
And I think those are bullshots sadly. Infamous is infamous for bad IQ, jaggies everywhere in that game.

You have to keep in mind that inFamous ran on a highly modified version of the Sly PS2 engine while this runs on a PS3 specific engine. Not that I think that it'll be as clean as these shots, but I definitely expect it to be an improvement over the original.

Forsete

Looks great in the pics, really a big step up from the first. Now PLEASE look like this in game. Infamous IQ was really terrible, probably the worst I have seen from a PS3 game. The game still rocked though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
As much as I love Sucker Punch, they really do struggle with character design. Outside of Sly Cooper, they're all pretty bad. It's weird how they work.

The ones in the OP are probably the worst yet.

So if you can switch from good to evil and back again if you choose:

-I suspect there'll be an option to respec your powers somehow
-Whatever you import from your finished inFamous 1 save probably isn't going to matter very much

Top Bottom