• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Detours - new trademark emerges

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Zu1Ld.jpg

Ever heard of Star Wars Detours? Neither had we until today - but it looks like it could be LucasArts' next major video game spin-off.

Parent company LucasFilm has this week filed a US trademark for the Detours name - which locks down the rights to its use in interactive entertainment.

LucasFilm has filed two separate TMs, with the second suggesting Detours could grow to become a major franchise for the company. It references everything from children's books to pencil cases, T-shirts, comics and more.

LucasArts is known to be working on a Star Wars game for Kinect on Xbox 360, which is due for release later this year.

LW1sm.jpg

3AL73.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/289065/star-wars-detours-new-franchise-emerges/

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
ITs going to be a Privateer clone set in the Star Wars universe. i
would have
wish
ed but i dont give a shit about SW any more lol

luka

Loves Robotech S1
the only thing that could excite me about Star Wars anymore is seeing the name DARK FORCES or X WING/TIE FIGHTER after it.

Yoshiya

It truly takes talent to come up with a name that screams 'mundane' and absolutely nothing else. They could have opened a dictionary and selected a word at random and in all likelihood it would be a better subtitle. I'd have more purchase intent for Start Wars: Clocoal Adventures.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Yoshiya said:
It truly takes talent to come up with a name that screams 'mundane' and absolutely nothing else. They could have opened a dictionary and selected a word at random and it all likelihood it would be a better subtitle. I'd have more purchase intent for Start Wars: Clocoal Adventures.
Star Wars: Syncategormatic Cubicontravariant

antonz

Considering the fact the trademarks talk about coloring books, arts and crafts etc I think its highly unlikely that this has anything to do with gaming as a priority. Star Tours reopens in May. Star Tours has a huge star wars store attached with it.

Lucasfilms is just doing their usual trademark every possible use of the name strategy

antonz

Hellsing321 said:
New Star Tours ride? About the only Star Wars related thing I could get excited about anymore.
Star Tours is reopening in May in Orlando with an all new version

Wait does this have anything to do with the Disney ride Star Tours?? Because Star Tours II is opening in May this year (fun fact its been in development the same amount of time as Duke Nukem Forever) and to correct what someone said above its opening in both Califoria and Florida.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
if LA had a shred of creative integrity left they'd shelve this franchise for about 5 years.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Or they could give the license to developers who can actually make good star wars games.
LA would suffocate any creativity or fun the developer came up with through focus groups, marketing strategies, and execs who want to armchair game design.

Scrow said:
if LA had a shred of creative integrity left they'd shelve this franchise for about 5 years.

Why? There are some amazing Star Wars games, it's just that we didn't have one in ages. A good Star Wars game would be more than welcome.

mclem

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Why? There are some amazing Star Wars games, it's just that we didn't have one in ages. A good Star Wars game would be more than welcome.

By which we do of course mean, "A direct followup to the X-Wing series".

Spwn

Anyone else thinking the character in the pic is a bounty hunter who collects the lightsabers of his/her jedi targets. It's not a new thing in the SW universe.

Darklord

Banned
I don't understand LucasArts. Why are they so fucked up? Create a great Star Wars series, sells shit loads. Kill it. Create another star wars game, it's good with lots of potential to be amazing. Slops out a shitty sequel, kills the series.

Now we get detours? LOL. Possibly the worst Star Wars name I've heard.

Spwn said:
Anyone else thinking the character in the pic is a bounty hunter who collects the lightsabers of his/her jedi targets. It's not a new thing in the SW universe.

The character in the picture is just the evil Starkiller character from the non canon TFU dlc.

derFeef

Spwn said:
isn´t that from force unleashed?
e: beaten ;)

Taker666

Maybe it's the name for the Star Wars comedy tv series that Seth Green is doing with Lucasfilm ?

The Star Wars Detours name seems to point to something off the normal expected path of Star Wars...and that would certainly fit the comedy series.

Axiom

From the name, guessing a game based on 'alternate' versions of characters and events from the movies.

Kind of taking the concept for Force Unleashed DLC and making a game all about it.

Shame Marvel never did any What If...?'s about Star Wars back in the day

Top Bottom