• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

superbrothers: sword & sworcery ep | 2011 Indie Hype

Jonnyram

say whaaaaaaaat?!?!

*googles "sworcery secret area"*

(I got the new iphone btw, but Im using google on my computer instead of my iphone lol)

I see, however how can I fight a
Bear
inside the
tree
when I already
destroyed the tree to get the 2nd trigon
?!?!

I donno... I'll try it regardless I guess...
That whole part is different when you play it
in a different part of the moon cycle

JEKKI

That whole part is different when you play it
in a different part of the moon cycle
say whaaaaaaaat?!?!

ok so I got the new iphone, gonna play the game to see if it works and...

nope. it doesnt.

I saw the pedobear, chased him all the way to the tree but when I got to that screen the tree was still destroyed and thus did not provide me with a crevice for me to go inside and battle said pedobear.

10 more days to wait I guess... -_-;;

Jonnyram

say whaaaaaaaat?!?!

ok so I got the new iphone, gonna play the game to see if it works and...

nope. it doesnt.

I saw the pedobear, chased him all the way to the tree but when I got to that screen the tree was still destroyed and thus did not provide me with a crevice for me to go inside and battle said pedobear.

10 more days to wait I guess... -_-;;
OK, it seems I need to be more specific.
Mega-spoilers, only for JENKI's eyes. Other people don't need to see.

There is a moon grotto, where you can change the state of the moon — full moon, new moon, neither.
The area with the bear is in your dream. And the dream world will be different depending on the current moon.
But the area with the moon grotto is not in your dream. It's in a different place that you can get to at any time.

JEKKI

whoo~!!! I did it!! I beat it!!

I waited the 11 days and sat down and finished it!!

and at the end, I still only had 96%~!!!! what the freek?!?!?! this game is still trollin!! lol.

the story doesnt even make sense either!! I paid money to be trolled!! lol.

it was fun tho.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
whoo~!!! I did it!! I beat it!!

I waited the 11 days and sat down and finished it!!

and at the end, I still only had 96%~!!!! what the freek?!?!?! this game is still trollin!! lol.

the story doesnt even make sense either!! I paid money to be trolled!! lol.

it was fun tho.

I'm fairly sure that extra 4% is for the Moon Grotto. Story doesn't make sense though? Not sure what you mean by that, I understood it just fine.

forrest

formerly nacire
Got my first iphone today, so I've played the first segment. Very cool and dripping with character. So far the gameplay itself has been very rudimentary, but the presentation, artwork, etc. is just very unique. I'm digging it!

Same as the poster above, first iPhone and played session 1, so good. Any other indie games for iPhone on the same level as this?

LaneDS

Anyone have any idea where I might be able to buy the album on vinyl? Obviously not through Guthrie's bandcamp page anymore.

Edit: Hooray for reprints!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Now that the PC release is announced, any chance of an Android release? I'd triple-dip the shit out of that.

They've made is pretty explicit that they will basically never do an Andorid port. I'll try to find the interview.

Edit: From Shacknews.

"We got our start making pre-iOS mobile games. We used to make Java games and it was really hard to make games for so many different types of devices. One has a big screen, one has tilt, one has three buttons... it's not something we're super-keen to get back into," Vella told us. "We just want to focus on making games."

They were much more direct in another interview, which I'm having trouble finding.

Edit 2: Yoshiya found what I was looking for!

Yoshiya

Now that the PC release is announced, any chance of an Android release? I'd triple-dip the shit out of that.

No, they've made it clear that fragmentation makes it impossible.

Superbrothers FAQ said:
WILL YOU MIGRATE THIS PROJECT TO ANDROID?

Sorry, but this will never happen.

Despite what you may have heard, Android is a total dead-end for a complex project & a tiny team like ours. It wouldn't just be unwise, it would be irresponsible.
http://www.swordandsworcery.com/helpemail/

He linked this on twitter, too. Reposted from the other thread.

Yusaku

I've played it a couple times on my iphone but it hasn't really hooked me. I keep thinking it would be better on an iPad

I bought it when it came last year and decided right away that I wanted to play it on a bigger screen. Now that I got my The new iPad I can finally play it, glad I bought the universal version!

-Winnie-

Any chance of a retina update for iPad?

I have the micro version for my iPod touch, but the load times are horrible on it (2nd gen). Never played it through so I'm wondering whether to get the iPad version, or just play the up-rezed micro version on my new iPad.

oracrest

I was pleasantly surprised to see Craig Adams art on the SXSW screenburn event flyer this year.

screens_feature23.jpg

john tv

Actually I think only PC is confirmed for June 21 - Mac and Linux are still TBD, AFAIK. Sorry for any confusion there! We'll figure out wassup for sure and then update that bit if necessary.

I'm stuck at the bright moon trigon boss and it simply refuses to launch a ball of energy in the beginning of the battle.

Has anyone heard of bug issues related to iOS 9?

Top Bottom