• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "Real-Time with Bill Maher" Thread

Didn't see last week but I was kind of surprised at the panel this week. Hard to make fun of the right living in "a bubble" when your panel is leaning that far left.

The Culture Vulture said:
Didn't see last week but I was kind of surprised at the panel this week. Hard to make fun of the right living in "a bubble" when your panel is leaning that far left.
Lol at thinking an idiot like Friedman is far left, or even left at all.

It's amazing what's considered 'far left' by some people. I wish he ever had a truly far left panel. He should get someone like Chomsky on the show.

AAequal

Banned
Pretty good panel. It does get bit dull when everybody is on the same page but it's still better then blame Obama for everything.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
The Culture Vulture said:
Being far to one side and living in a bubble are not the same thing. Although it's kind of absurd to call the entire panel from last night "far to the left". Only in america...

Having one dipshit republican on the panel to bitchslap around, or one or two intelligent conservatives, is one thing.....but having the panel dominated by obnoxious bullshit right-winger noise like last week is insufferable and depressing.

rush777

Wow, an unbelievable amount of hate for Bill in this thread, I think he's great and love his show. Don't get me wrong, he has his faults, but he's smart and raises a wide range of important issues weekly. Tonight was an amazing episode, Rachel Maddow is very intelligent.

sp3000

The only reason to watch this show is when they have a conservative there. Otherwise it's just a giant circle jerk like every other talk show on TV.

Fusebox

Banned
sp3000 said:
The only reason to watch this show is when they have a conservative there. Otherwise it's just a giant circle jerk like every other talk show on TV.

Can't agree, most of the conservatives they bring on are just talking heads parroting back policy, at least when they're all on the same page they can get through a topic without someone trying to drag it to shit.

zero_suit

sp3000 said:

Nah, the conservatives he has on are mostly tools.

sruckus

Great episode due to the conflict by both sides. Ron Christie was insufferable. Trying to play the dramatic card every 2 seconds instead of countering with, you know, actual facts. You're not on Fox News toolbag - that doesn't work here.

sruckus

Oh, but I have to say...did Bill mention Sarah Palin's rhetoric after the shooting? Because he seemed to be doing the same thing with encouraging Bernie and his wife to kill themselves...

newjeruse

sruckus said:
Great episode due to the conflict by both sides. Ron Christie was insufferable. Trying to play the dramatic card every 2 seconds instead of countering with, you know, actual facts. You're not on Fox News toolbag - that doesn't work here.
I can't stand when people try to hide behind the deaths of soliders. Now looking at the war in hindsight is an affront to the 3,000 soldiers that died. Right.

pj

Banned
rush777 said:
Tonight was an amazing episode, Rachel Maddow is very intelligent.

Barf, I hate her. Nothing she said sounded particularly insightful and she thinks she's a lot more clever than she is. When she proudly mentioned owning some silly URL, I got severe douche chills.

Zabka said:
I knew the episode was going to be a little nuts when I saw that Michael Ware and Ron Christie would be on, but I didn't expect it to be nearly as entertaining.

It was a crack up watching Michael Ware hold Cornell West back. Of course Ron Christie was like a Douche on Steroids. He gave no rational justification for why the Iraq war was still worth it in hind sight. Even that douche-bag Tom "Suck on this" Friedman now admits that there is no way the Iraq war was worth it given how much it costs us.

sruckus said:
Oh, but I have to say...did Bill mention Sarah Palin's rhetoric after the shooting? Because he seemed to be doing the same thing with encouraging Bernie and his wife to kill themselves...
Pretty sure he did. Also pretty sure that his Bernie comment was an obvious joke.

sruckus said:
Yes and I'm pretty sure Sarah Palin wasn't advocating murder either. Rhetoric.
I don't recall Maher's exact position on the issue, but I don't think he claimed that Palin was advocating murder.

I don't personally agree with all the backlash at Palin during that time, but there's still a pretty huge difference between political speech meant to rally a crowd, and a tasteless joke during a comedy bit.

Fusebox

Banned
Michael Ware is such great value on Bill Maher but I can't help wonder how many beers he has under his belt during taping.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Fusebox said:
Michael Ware is such great value on Bill Maher but I can't help wonder how many beers he has under his belt during taping.
Did you see Overtime? He lets loose even more. Even lights up a cigarette (I thought he was breaking out a joint at first!). Christie is even more of a shit head, too.

Fusebox said:

He probably got blazed with Bill in the green room before the show.

Seriously, the panel talked so much during New Rules, I was certain Maher was going to have a shit fit. He took it all rather well.

sruckus

rohlfinator said:
I don't recall Maher's exact position on the issue, but I don't think he claimed that Palin was advocating murder.

I don't personally agree with all the backlash at Palin during that time, but there's still a pretty huge difference between political speech meant to rally a crowd, and a tasteless joke during a comedy bit.

fair enough. i don't want to at all appear that i'm on palin's side.

methane47

God what an amazing episode... And Ron Christie... god... Jesus he is an embarrassment to black people..

I apologize guys... most of us aren't that retarded.

Question: Is Ron Christie gay? Because he sure looks and sounds like it ..... (Im sorry stereotypes and all) But if he is gay... I cannot imagine how he can 100% back a group of people that seem to detest people exactly like him...

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I suspect Ron Christie is really Amy Holmes in a costume.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Ron Christie is the worst thing I've ever seen on television. I'm not sure how anyone could stand to be around that guy. What a douche.

Cornell West is the man though.

SolKane

I thought Michael Ware was going to hit Ron Christie. God, what a pompous ass... he has the exact same cadence of speech as the hippie teacher from Beavis and Butthead. Everything he says sounds like he has it memorized.

Flying_Phoenix said:
Well no more episodes until January 13th.

How did you guys like this one?

Not the best episode, but I loved when Maher said Huntsman could suck his cock. I've often said that Huntsman only looks reasonable compared to the other morons he's running against. It's nice to see that somebody else noticed it too. Plus the fact that it really pissed off supreme douchebag Andrew Sullivan made me smile.

Just watched the Overtime on the HBO website. This is a pretty fucking derpy and awful theological debate and filled with bullshit and no one to counter all the theists appropriately.

Fusebox

Banned
Andrew Sullivan might be right occasionally, but he's so smug and so desperate to score points in every conversation, I just can't stand him.

Top Bottom