First screenshot at #144:
Originally Posted by Speedymanic
And some concept art
Checked the two Prey 2 threads and didn't see any of it except for the image posted, but I have that magazine in my hand. There are six screenshots and 4 pages of text.
- Main character is Killian Samuels, sheriff and prison guard.
- Been in development for 3 years
- X360 main platform, PC and PS3 versions in development (as announced)
- Pretty nice graphics overall (not jaw-dropping but good), graphics style a mix of Bioshock and Mass Effect
- "Heavily inspired by Mirror's Edge, but also Mass Effect, Riddick and Blade Runner" - Producer
- Use the surroundings, big areas where you can sneak up on enemies using the shadows
- No multiplayer, 3D, Kinect or Move
- As said in the PR, 2012 release date
Screenshot 1: Gameplay capture, showing gun (no HUD), and some kind of human gekko alien.
Screenshot 2: Some Krugan Mass Effect alien in some Halo Reach esque bubble shield.
Screenshot 3: More aliens beating another alien in a back alley
Screenshot 4: Mass Effect esque bars confirmed
Screenshot 5: Weird 8-eyed looking aliens confirmed
Screenshot 6: Hot alien chick confirmed
I'll read through the text and update the OP in 15 minutes or so.
- Tommy/Intro spoiler:First level is basically the beginning of Prey, but instead of controlling Tommy you control Killian.
- Human head: "If the first Prey was the Luke Sywalker version of the story, Prey 2 is Bobba Fett's story".
- The project has been restarted several times
- Open game structure. "Go wherever you want, talk to whoever you want, do the missions you want".
- GR: "Killian as flexible and limber as Faith of ME, leaping over hights, hanging by arms from pipes, balancing on thin boards and jumping like a cat upwards structures"
- GR: "An enhanced Killzone esque cover system, battles looks so flexible, brings your thoughts back to Vanquish"
- Parkour moments when being chased by enemies
- Money can be used to upgrade your armor, weapons, but also abilities, example to make enemies hover in the air
- Human Head: "Every area is comparable to Assassin's Creed 2", whatever that means. Planet is Exodus. Desert levels, big cities, "in the wilds", cave areas
- GR: "It has the moving scheme from Mirror's Edge, the freedom of Mass Effect and the fire fights of Killzone 2" (writer loved Prey 1)
- Different kinds of ammo, weapons can be customized/rebuilt
- Producer: "Who would pick the MP mode of Prey 2 ahead of the one in for example Halo Reach? We'd rather to a really good SP adventure"
- There will be DLC
- There will be vag portals, but fewer of them and "with different looks"
- GR: Loot system "similar to the one of Boarderlands"
- All the aliens look very human like, except for some of their limbs and obviously faces. Very similar to the Mass Effect aliens in both looks and armor/clothes, nothing like the Prey aliens.
Originally Posted by Muzzy
Received the french magazine Joystick, and it pretty much says the same as Game Reactor, but there's more:
- Chris Rhinehart compares the side quests of the game to Red Dead Redemption (i.e: cold-blooded murder or bringing back alive the wanted guy) meaning that there's the core storyline but the way you settle the optional missions draws the character.
- Missions feature infiltration, shadowing, murder contract...
- Since you're a bounty hunter, one can ask you to kill a prey, but that prey could ask you to kill instead the one behind that contract, in return for money.
- James Sumwalt (creative director) says the size of the area is at least as big as Rome in AC:B.
- Finishing off a victim or killing his attackers will influence your reputation meter (Red Dead again).
During a mission, after asking a tip about his target to a hot female alien in a strip club, Killian grab a slope before jumping towards a structure.
The magazine says: "it wasn't scripted, it was live and smooth, and there's no glow/highlighting bumping in your face to tell you where you can hang from".
Also, they confirm Human Head is using an updated version of id Tech 4.