• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

Needs more White Rabbit and oranges.

lorenz-hideyoshi-ruwwe-conservator-walk-final-s.jpg

Holy shit. How can you be near a pride of lions and not block your doors?

Well, it's not like you would expect a lion to know how to open a car door...

(luckily for all Safari visitors, lions still don't know how easy it is to break the side window of a car ;) )

some great stuff in there!

Though in general it might be a good to split up big posts. I know the thread is very slow in Community but it could help with the performance of a page similar to how the screenshot threads are limited.

qclimmB.jpg

A dusky swift flying through the Iguazu falls. Just like gamers, these birds know there's always a secret behind a waterfall (in this case a resting place hidden&safe from any predators etc.)

Wark

Man, I'd absolutely LOVE to see some sort of media relating to a Star Wars and World War II crossover – whether it'd be a graphic novel or something else. I mean, the Star Wars series has all of the makings to collide with something World War II-related; the concepts and designs from both share A LOT of similarities with one another – from the Stormtroopers likeness to the "storm troops" (Nazi Sturmabteilung) to the parallel of the designs of some with some the helmets and costumes (SS uniforms and Galactic Empire uniforms) to the weapons (Mauser C96 and Han Solo’s DL-44 blaster). It’d be awesome to see TIE fighters, X-Wings, and AT-ATs decked out in World War II armaments, dressed-up in olive drab/Navy blue/military grey/camo paint schemes, and included different World War II-era and Star Wars-related insignias on them.

I WANT IT NOW!

Irminsul

Just for those who don't know: All you have to do to play these kind of stages in Trackmania is accelerate. That's why they're called "Press Forward (PF)" stages.

Just for those who don't know: All you have to do to play these kind of stages in Trackmania is accelerate. That's why they're called "Press Forward (PF)" stages.

I was aware of this, yet there's one bit in that video that always catches my eye where it looks as if they're steering a little. It's probably just the effects of a ramp, but still, it got me thinking on how cool it would be to have a PF track that required some input at critical moments. It'd be really fucking hard, sure, but fun.

Lençóis Maranhenses National Park (Brazil)

Sand dunes occasionally getting flooded creating this bizarre landscape:

Or10tzP.jpg

pKXKzNx.jpg

Wui1aKb.jpg

Also, while it's close to the sea, for many species (fish) it's not really clear how they suddenly appear in these lagoons filled with rain water.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

It's too bad she won't live! But then again who does?

Top Bottom