• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

CrunchinJelly
formerly cjelly
(09-18-2011, 08:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Tyeforce

Wait... How is this Jill Mii being distributed by QR Code when the official gold-pants Nintendo Miis (Iwata, Reggie, Miyamoto, etc.) can't be?

I guess gold pants Mii's can only be QR coded on devkits or something to ensure they are legit.

The gold pants are just a sign that it's an 'official' Mii.
Tyeforce
(09-18-2011, 08:48 PM)

Originally Posted by cjelly

I guess gold pants Mii's can only be QR coded on devkits or something to ensure they are legit.

The gold pants are just a sign that it's an 'official' Mii.

So the Jill QR Code came from a devkit?
Oni Link 666
(09-18-2011, 08:53 PM)
Here's some of mine. All of these were either given away by Nintendo or some other company at conventions like E3 and GDC or posted online by someone who streetpassed these people.

BooJoh
(09-18-2011, 08:54 PM)

So the Jill QR Code came from a devkit?

Well, the 3DS system won't create a QR code for it once you've scanned it in, so obviously the only way to get the QR code is from the original source. So it probably did come from a devkit.

I haven't actually heard of the gold-pants NCL Miis, so I can't really comment on that. Were they distributed by SpotPass or something?

As for region-locking, I guess there must be a region-locking flag in the Mii data somewhere and Capcom chose not to use it.
Tyeforce
(09-18-2011, 09:16 PM)

Originally Posted by BooJoh

Well, the 3DS system won't create a QR code for it once you've scanned it in, so obviously the only way to get the QR code is from the original source. So it probably did come from a devkit.

I haven't actually heard of the gold-pants NCL Miis, so I can't really comment on that. Were they distributed by SpotPass or something?

As for region-locking, I guess there must be a region-locking flag in the Mii data somewhere and Capcom chose not to use it.

Wait, so did Capcom distribute the Jill Mii QR Code distributed by print? If so, I understand that. I was thinking it was distributed through StreetPass and someone generated a QR Code somehow.

And the gold pants Nintendo Miis were distributed through StreetPass at E3 2011 and other events, I believe.
fernoca
(09-18-2011, 09:20 PM)
Jill was apparently through Streetpass; along with Parker:
If you own a 3DS and are lucky enough to be heading to Tokyo Game Show next week. Well then you are in luck!

Stop by the Capcom booth and you will not only get a limited edition Resident Evil: Revelations Soundtrack but also a TGS Special PRESS Capcom DVD with all the latest trailers of their games.

AND!!! if you bring your 3DS and Street Pass you will get a Mii versions of Jill Valentine and Parker Luciani from the Revelations.
Hmm, wonder if Parker's also around. :p

Wonder how a QR code was created for Jill is that's the case.
angelfly
(09-18-2011, 09:24 PM)

Originally Posted by fernoca

Jill was apparently through Streetpass; along with Parker:

Jill was also distributed via print:
Hours Left
(09-18-2011, 10:46 PM)
Are Nester & Reggie the only special non-gold pants Miis that have been given away in the US by Nintendo? Or are there more?
cw_sasuke
(09-22-2011, 06:01 PM)
Last batch of TGS Revelations Miis

Chopper
(09-22-2011, 06:23 PM)

Originally Posted by cw_sasuke

Awesome. Thanks man!
slaughterking
(09-22-2011, 06:26 PM)
Haha, they look so silly. Especially Chris. But thanks anyway!
fernoca
(09-22-2011, 06:31 PM)
:O!!!

So awesome ,thanks! :D
angelfly
(09-22-2011, 07:06 PM)

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr...40ueo1_500.jpg

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr...40ueo1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr...40ueo1_500.jpg

Nice! Had to clean a couple of Miis out the fridge to make room though.
Hours Left
(09-23-2011, 12:12 AM)
Thanks!

They don't really look like the characters but it's still cool. Gold pants!
Anony
(12-03-2011, 06:07 PM)
so what's the maximum numbers of mii for 3ds
tsab
(12-05-2011, 05:13 PM)
oops
Last edited by tsab; 12-05-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: double post
tsab
(12-05-2011, 05:16 PM)
Any gold pants miis? I only have jill :(

Originally Posted by Anony

so what's the maximum numbers of mii for 3ds

100 I think.
IrishNinja
(01-02-2012, 07:11 PM)

crap, anyone got a working link?
Tyeforce
(01-02-2012, 07:19 PM)
Here's the official Mii of Nikki from Swapnote that was sent out via SpotPass in Japan by Nintendo:
slaughterking
(01-02-2012, 07:22 PM)

Here's the official Mii of Nikki from Swapnote that was sent out via SpotPass in Japan by Nintendo:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/H2CQt.jpg[/IMG

Cool. Too bad it's no special Mii, though.
Tyeforce
(01-02-2012, 07:34 PM)

Originally Posted by slaughterking

Cool. Too bad it's no special Mii, though.

Yeah, a special Mii would have been nice.
BooJoh
(01-02-2012, 08:26 PM)
I wish we could rename these official Miis, or that NOA would actually put them out with their English names. Feels like we're always getting second-rate treatment compared to Japan.
Hours Left
(01-03-2012, 04:58 AM)

Sweet, hopefully they'll release the Pilotwings Resort girl too.

Too bad NoA probably won't release there own version just like they never released the special New Year's stationary for Swap Note, and have yet to release any gold pants Mii.

They really put the least amount of effort possible into anything, don't they? :/
BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(01-03-2012, 07:23 AM)
Shame Swapnote isn't that great for sending QR codes due to the amount of steps required for the recipient to take in order to scan the thing.
sakipon
(02-06-2012, 06:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Gunloc

Too bad NoA probably won't release there own version just like they never released the special New Year's stationary for Swap Note, and have yet to release any gold pants Mii.

Yup, Westerners still waiting. Come on, how about some Miis of the musicians in the Nintendo Video music videos? Or characters from the movie trailers?

Anyway, I just came here to say my Japanese 3DS Mii Studio became full of gold pants Miis. So I finally moved them to the Plaza for storage like I guess people are supposed to. Now I have more Miis in there than hits! I don't mind, but what will the next people I streetpass with think? That I messed up or cheated the counts in some way? Oh well...

The link's been shared before, but here is the page with the latest Japanese special Miis: http://ameblo.jp/amebapigg/entry-11151963150.html

(Or does the invite Mii produce similar results? I don't know, I believe I haven't seen people with more Miis... but I also haven't had that many hits after Mario Kart was released.)
Last edited by sakipon; 02-06-2012 at 06:15 PM.
lazybones18
(05-16-2012, 08:11 AM)
Special Korean Miis w/gold pants available worldwide

Gong Hyo-Jin (actress)
Kim Byung-man (comedian)

BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(05-16-2012, 08:45 AM)
Wait. His Mii has a 'stache and yet he doesn't. This is one of the worst likenesses ever.
magiustra
(06-09-2012, 12:01 PM)
I'm searching for some new Mii QR codes from the E3: has anybody a Katsuya Eguchi Mii?

(...and sorry for the bump!)
BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(07-06-2012, 09:57 PM)
Do people care for Mii QR codes anymore?

Well I have a few I never posted/improved

Mitsudomoe

Kill Me Baby

ののワ (Nonowa) "from" iDOLM@STER

Churuya-san
Gamblor
(09-15-2014, 07:08 PM)
Some Breaking Bad Miis:

AgeEighty
(10-09-2014, 04:13 PM)
I went and put all the Miis I've made over the years on their own page for your most and truly welcome convenience, complete with QR codes if you're into that sort of thing, and you are. Got lots of geeky stuff on there; Star Trek, Doctor Who, Firefly, and a wide array of random characters and celebrities. They're here:

http://miisbyandy.com/

Here are some samples of my wares:

Conan O'Brien

Twelfth Doctor

Mario

Sean Connery

Capt. Picard