• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City teaser trailer

Nothing much to see, at least the stuff it's not CG. The music sucks, I hope they don't go that way with the game music.

Lakitu

st5fu
Whoever made this trailer should be ashamed. They did an awful job.

Hey I know, let's zoom out from the logo with some random gameplay flashing in between with shitty music.

iamcenok

It's kinda hard to see much of what's going on.. but it sorta looks like multiplayer death match with zombies running around.

I hope this isn't really the case and theres much much more to the game.

ezekial45

Banned
Lakitu said:

Hey I know, let's zoom out from the logo with some random gameplay flashing in between with shitty music.

I don't know, it felt like a call back to the style used for the classic RE intros. I actually liked it.

As I said in the other thread: how many times does the damn logo need to be flashed on screen?

We get it. It's Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

At least there's in-game footage... in between the seizure inducing logo flashes.

Xater

DarkUSS said:
Awful trailer.

It's a teaser, they will probably have the real deal at Captivate.

I am pleased that it included actual gameplay and not just render bullshit. It seems to look alright graphically. I am not going to judge anything gameplay related because of this.

Wow thank God they kept showing me the title every 2 seconds, I almost forgot what it was called. I really hope this is fun, but with it being by /6 I doubt it. =/

Angry Fork

Tired of multiplayer games so I probably won't get this but at least it looks dark and has zombies. Still waiting on a rebooted RE6 with the right atmosphere and all that.

I think what would make me want this would be a meaty co-op campaign and not just a bunch of death match BS.

Paracelsus

STAGLA gas station blowing up pretty much hints at Jill and Carlos being there. Also, walking zombies are a good thing.

tass0

Banned
So bad...

SOCOM-like 3rd person shooter Resident Evil game?

Who the fuck thought that would be a good idea, why not just create a new damn I.P.

RE is dead.

I'd really prefer an actual RE2/3Make to this. The atmosphere looks great, because Raccoon City is an awesome setting, but who knows whether the gameplay will be any good. The whole 'elite supersoldier' thing makes me think it might be fun, but it won't be as good a horror game as RE1/2/3 or as good an action game as RE4.

Xater

badcrumble said:
I'd really prefer an actual RE2/3Make to this. The atmosphere looks great, because Raccoon City is an awesome setting, but who knows whether the gameplay will be any good. The whole 'elite supersoldier' thing makes me think it might be fun, but it won't be as good a horror game as RE1/2/3 or as good an action game as RE4.

It will absolutely not be a horror game. For that you will have to get Revelations.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Lakitu said:

Trailer did nothing for me whatsoever. I'll wait for proper footage before getting excited.

they're not inspiring any confidence with such a shitty trailer. even for a teaser it's bad bad bad.

also i wonder what engine they're using...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Trailer creator should fuck off. Not sure what people see there that looks like Socom either. Looks like L4D with slow zombies. Could be fun, could be shit.

RPGCrazied

Not bad, but the music used for that is horrid, I really hope thats not in game. I also hope for some sort of story telling in this game, but being a cover based shooter, I doubt it. :( WTB more story RE games.

acevans2

Couldn't it have just been called Resident Evil: Raccoon City?

Anyway, that was an awful trailer. I want to play more Dead Nation now.

RPGCrazied

Yeah. I guess we have to wait for RE6 to come out, but I'm guessing thats long ways out. They have that 3DS game, now this, and who knows what else before they get on that project.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, that was probably the worst trailer I've ever seen in my entire life and I'm not even joking. WOW!

Xater said:
It will absolutely not be a horror game. For that you will have to get Revelations.
I'm looking forward to Revelations but I'm not sure it's exactly what I'm really looking for from the RE series either. I mean, it'll involve Wesker, so it'll have to suck at least a little bit.

Aguirre

xY6VK.jpg

Top Bottom