• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

Huff

Banned
Literally gives me a reason to start my wii back up. Last game was... Epic Mickey? So its been four months and counting. And it'll probably be a lot longer until NOA gets it's head outta their ass.

apana

lunchwithyuzo said:
I think the title gives away that there's probably going to be a US release too. If this was a NoE only sort of thing, they'd have just called it "Xenoblade".
Now then, how about Reginliev?

I don't get it. How does the chronicles addition to the title help in either America or Europe? If people see chronicles in the title, they will think it is some sort of prequel or side game. Just Xenoblade would be better.

CoolS

okay guys, here is a link to Bebpo's incredible review on this. Thanks again Bebpo and I hope you're fine with me posting this.

So awesome. Great review and makes me hyped x 1000 for this.

Carlisle

splooge.gif

Edit:
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Best news I've heard in a very long time. Going to import that bitch like it's my job. Also, high hopes for an NA release announcement at E3. This plus Reggie's "lots of content coming" comment point to a lot of yay. But even if not, at least the game is in fucking English!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
charlequin said:
If NoA want people to not bitch about how they don't localize any games, they should try localizing some games sometime!

Yeah it really makes no sense to psychoanalyze people who are complaining about NoA if you can't start by acknowledging that there is an actual problem they're complaining about and they're not just complaining for the sake of complaining.

squall23

Stumpokapow said:
Yeah it really makes no sense to psychoanalyze people who are complaining about NoA if you can't start by acknowledging that there is an actual problem they're complaining about and they're not just complaining for the sake of complaining.
Therein lies the problem of region-locking on the 3DS (and in general) and why I'm wholehearted waiting for a hack.

Pyrokai

Yeah, I hope importers don't put a dent in potential NA sales if/when it does come to NA (I'm confident it will now). I don't know how importers do things, but would most of you who import the game also buy the NA version to actually, like, give it NA sales so we can, like, actually hope it does well so that, like, we get more games like this localized?

Just wondering what import ethics are. I'm worried everyone is jumping to conclusions about "no NA release!" and then they import the PAL one and when the NA version comes out=less sales. It's probably a small amount of people, but just think, if 2,000 people import, that's 2,000 lost sales, you know?

Fritz

Pyrokai said:
Yeah, I hope importers don't put a dent in potential NA sales if/when it does come to NA (I'm confident it will now). I don't know how importers do things, but would most of you who import the game also buy the NA version to actually, like, give it NA sales so we can, like, actually hope it does well so that, like, we get more games like this localized?

Just wondering what import ethics are. I'm worried everyone is jumping to conclusions about "no NA release!" and then they import the PAL one and when the NA version comes out=less sales. It's probably a small amount of people, but just think, if 2,000 people import, that's 2,000 lost sales, you know?

I think the number of imports is neglectable in the grand scheme.

FoneBone

Pyrokai said:

If there is an NA release, I can't see it happening significantly later than the PAL release at all. So I'd say this is a moot point.

mclem

Imports can go both ways. Back when it didn't look all that likely that Guitar Hero would make it to Europe, I imported the title and I suspect I caused a few purchases once the release actually happened.

Yazuka

I finally want a Wii! Goddamn, give me this game. I'm bursting with joy here.

bitchslap_fap.gif

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO WANT!!!

Pyrokai said:

My plan is that if it's announced for NA before it's released for EU, I'll get the NA version even if it comes out a bit later. But if I don't even know if it's coming out in NA by the time I can get the import version in my hands, I'll import and not double dip. What's important is getting the game in English with a good localization. If European publishers are the ones spending the money to make this happen, I'll happily give them my money, it's that simple.

apana

I wonder if there is a way for Nintendo to market this game directly to core Zelda fans. That is one of the ways I could see this game having good sales.

thefro

apana said:
I wonder if there is a way for Nintendo to market this game directly to core Zelda fans. That is one of the ways I could see this game having good sales.

Bundle a Zelda demo with it.

Same thing with The Last Story.

Oh man, this is amazing news. I'm glad we're finally getting a localization for this game. Now we just need NOA to confirm they're releasing it, too.

LiK

Stumpokapow said:

yup, that's why region-locking the Wii and now the 3DS is so damn annoying. if NoA actually localized more games that Europe gets, we won't be bitching so much about it.

This is going to end up just like Disaster: Day of Crisis. Gets released in Europe, meets poor sales/reviews, then never gets announced for North America.

RPGCrazied

That's over $100 to play one game. If a person needs Brawl, which is sitll $50, an SD card I'm sure is around $20-$30 dollars.

Ugh. I hope Dolphin works with this on my comp.

RPGCrazied said:
an SD card I'm sure is around $20-$30 dollars.

A cheap one that is perfectly fine for this purpose can be had for 10 bucks. Probably less. Since you only need Brawl for 10 minutes, borrow it from a friend or rent it. It's only part of the homebrew setup, not something you need constantly.

That said I am all over this like a fat kid on a donut. Oh yes.

wsippel

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
That's over $100 to play one game. If a person needs Brawl, which is sitll $50, an SD card I'm sure is around $20-$30 dollars.

Ugh. I hope Dolphin works with this on my comp.
You only need Brawl for five minutes. Rent it or borrow it from someone. Lego Indiana Jones works as well. Like I said, even if you want to use Dolphin, you still need a modded Wii to rip the game. And if you haven't updated your Wii in quite some time and are still on firmware 4.2, you don't even need a game. A cheap SD card (2GB or less) will do.

Vanpira

Shed_a_Ninja said:
This is going to end up just like Disaster: Day of Crisis. Gets released in Europe, meets poor sales/reviews, then never gets announced for North America.

I have to laugh that you think that a game release in NA has anything to do with how well it does in Europe. Disaster wasn't released in NA because NOA didn't want to release it, and NCL didn't have any reason to make them. Nothing more, nothing less.

wsippel

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Someone just said Dolphin wasn't region specific? Or can Dolphin not read gamediscs?
That was me. Dolphin isn't region specific, but a PC DVD drive won't read Wii disks.

dani_dc

Hopefully the release is on late June~August so the game doesn't screw me up with college.

LiK said:
yep, i have Brawl and SD card. guess i'll need to look this up. thanks.
Here's gaf thread(and the tutorial) on it, I followed the guide last weekend and the whole process took only a few minutes.

RPGCrazied said:
Actually might want to use Dolphin anyway, after seeing those screenshots. It's like Xenoblade HD!
Only a few (and at this point rare) DVD readers can read Wii games. You'll need to homebrew your Wii to rip the game to an HDD/SDHC so you can play it with Dolphin.

daegan

Hopefully if this doesn't get announced for the US, it's easier to find a import than Inazuma Eleven has been so far.

Top Bottom