• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix NA working with NA company for unannounced title?

butsomuch

S-E NA assistant director Nobu Tanaka's LI profile (updated yesterday)
Results
1. Out of 10 ideas, 7 were approved to initiate. Currently negotiating with potential partners.

2. Achieved 57.8% or $37M growth of profit and 27.8% or $57M growth of revenue through my contribution in strategic planning

3. Signed 3 projects; Supreme Commander 2 (successfully released in March 2010, sold more than half million units worldwide), Dungeon Siege 3 (scheduled to be released in May 2011, expected to ship more than 1million units), Project X

S-E NA executive producer David Hoffman's LI profile
Developed Business Development department resulting in IP acquisitions, studio purchases and three development agreements executed

Constructed and approved milestones schedules, concept submission packages, testing plans, localization schedules for Supreme Commander 2, Supreme Commander 2 DLC and Dungeon Siege 3

Gas Powered Games, Obsidian Entertainment and ???

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Western Final Fantasy game?

Whenever I hear that a Japanese company is working with an EU/NA company my mind automatically thinks 'ruh-roh'. Here's hoping this one turns out really good.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Maxim726X said:
When are we getting another Chrono game?

What are they waiting for??

Last I heard them mention the series, they were pissed that Chrono Trigger DS didn't sell enough since I guess 800k is a disappointing number for a port of a 15 year old game they charged full price for.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Parasite Eve 4 to be developed in the US like Parasite Eve 1.

</3 ;____; PE3 is gonna bomb for being on PSP and this will never happen.

Maxim726X said:
When are we getting another Chrono game?

What are they waiting for??

This is the last thing the world needs. With their track history for fucking up games over the past 5-7 years, are you sure you're prepared to go down this route?

Isn't this kind of non-news anyway? We already knew they are working with a western company (they even had a presentation on it). There isn't much of an update here other than a refresher

Isn't this old news? I recall reading on this very site that Square-Enix was supposedly making a game with Obsidian or some other American developer.

DaBuddaDa

GreenBikerDude said:
How did SquareEnix go about owning the Dungeon Siege series? Did they buy it from Gas Powered Games or something else?
Take Two used to own the Dungeon Siege name, but I'm not sure exactly how SquareEnix got a hold of it. I know SquareEnix published Gas Powered Games' Supreme Commander 2 last year, so there has been a previous relationship between the two companies. Gas Powered is not making this though, It's Obsidian Entertainment.

Orayn

I really hope it's that "Fortress" game that GRIN had started before they got canned. That looked like it could have had a lot of potential.

ProjectXposter.jpg

I'd buy it

Gun Loco, Mind Jack and unannounced title. LOL
Square Enix was smart to pick up Edios.
Portable titles and Tomb Raider reboot are the only stuff I'm looking forward to from SE.

butsomuch

Tweet from Square Enix NA executive producer Dave Hoffman
Working on two new things. Well, one is 'sort of' new. Announcements should be coming soon! Wish I could say more but can't

His LI profile
- Structured and lead an entire new Business Development department resulting in IP acquisitions, M&A executed purchases and five development agreements.
Square Enix NA seems to be working on three new projects with NA developers (with Supreme Commander 2 and Dungeon Siege 3 already released).

inky

Is there anything prohibiting them to do another one of those projects with Obsidian again?
I was under the impression that Dungeon Siege didn't do too hot, but still...

Top Bottom