• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4gamer Interviews Yasumi Matsuno

Is there any chance of this interview getting translated in full?

As a huge Matsuno fan, I'd be really excited to read the whole thing.

Edit: And thank you for translating the tidbits you did, FinalFantasyDog. Very interesting!

Solune

Aeana said:
Most interesting to me is the actual Tactics Ogre design documents that are included with the article. I know Matsuno linked one of the pages on his Twitter a few weeks ago, but it's nice to see more of that now. Apparently, the game's original title was Lancelot ~ Somebody to Love. There's some other interesting info on there, but I haven't finished reading it yet.
Damn that would've been a godly title.

I can definately see why he thinks ac is japanese.
It's very formulaic in it's gameplay, something you see very often with newer japanese games.

Matsuno is a genius and fuck square for trying to cater to their fujoshi audience with FFXII.
They are limiting final fantasy to such a special interest niche with that shit.

RedSwirl

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
- Played heavily on Amiga/pc's - Heavily influenced by western games. (Thinking in western games is more free, always chasing after new ideas)
- Played UO(still logs in once a year) and FF11 heavily , Enjoyed UO because of the ability to play single-player style in multi-player game.

This explains a lot.

jimmypython

Thanks for the summary.

my *final* fantasy would be Matsuno san to make another mainline FF game......but according to the summary, it will be most unlikely to happen...... :(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Really keen to see what is on the horizon for him. I think it would be great to see a small scale development from someone who is so intensely purposeful when it comes to the creation of worlds, characters, and their scenarios. The next most important thing is to consider how it would be played; he tends to try and push the envelope of genres, even if it is subtle.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
As far as a sequel... well, at least Tactics Ogre PSP outside Third Birthday in US!

not saying much, when both were that bad :(

AAK

FF12 is the only JRPG I that could hold my intrigue long enough to play more than 50% of and eventually finish. DarkCloud 2 comes in an extreme distant 2nd.

John Harker said:
As far as a sequel... well, at least Tactics Ogre PSP outside Third Birthday in US!

not saying much, when both were that bad :(

I hope you mean bad in terms of sales, or I'm going to have to nuke you from orbit.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Fimbulvetr said:
I hope you mean bad in terms of sales, or I'm going to have to nuke you from orbit.

well, sales was the context of my post, wasnt it :)

I don't have PE3, but TO PSP is sweeeeeeeeeet

speedpop said:
Really keen to see what is on the horizon for him. I think it would be great to see a small scale development from someone who is so intensely purposeful when it comes to the creation of worlds, characters, and their scenarios. The next most important thing is to consider how it would be played; he tends to try and push the envelope of genres, even if it is subtle.

I keep having this hope/thought that he'll use the TO remake as training for a financial and planning blueprint for further masterpieces blending all sorts of shit we cannot begin to fathom until he reveals it. Just a little dream...

i never blamed matsuno for the FF XII shitpile, good to have another confirmation.

I know, really. Kept saying "They put Matsuno on a title and expected different?" Haters gotta etc etc.

neoism

Kyoufu said:
FFXII still turned out to be incredible, so I'm not exactly going to lose sleep over Matsuno's vision not being fully realised.

Saying that, I really want to play another JRPG by him. :(
this... I love that game soo much....Matsuno is a BOSS plan and simple.

What we know about his next project so far is:
-It is a small project. Maybe he won't be directing, maybe just writing the script( also maybe he contributes to Anarchy Reigns's story mode)
-The tone will be lighter: unfortunately he is quite bore of dark & dramatic war setting for now.
-It won't be presented in this E3, sadly. :/

Top Bottom