• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Enosh
(04-29-2011, 05:41 PM)

Assassins, the day you have been waiting for has arrived!!! Click the link below to help reveal an exclusive look at the upcoming Assassin's Creed game!

this was was on the official AC facebook page not 5 min ago, they removed it now, i clicked the link before it was removed, it showed some animus thingy video and some "activity" meter, I have no idea if it has something to do with another "big" AC game, a handheld game or a flash game, it was just up there, now it is gone

http://www.facebook.com/assassinscre...50031305061905

edit, i can't belive it the thing did save in the browser history, that's what the original link linked to, just in a FB format not like that and the whole thing was animated

that's the link of that picture http://fbtabs.ubi.com/acr/fbtab/

notice the ACR

flash file:
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/ncsa/acr/teaser/ac_main.swf

edit3, logo

thanks to miladesn
Last edited by Enosh; 04-29-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Mr_Brit
Banned
(04-29-2011, 05:42 PM)
Give the franchise a break already! Whilst Brotherhood beat expectations to actually turn out good, there is no way they can make yet another game in a year without it being absolutely horrible and rushed. TBH I'd prefer it if they waited till next gen to make AC3.
ssolitare
How many have there been this gen?
ClovingWestbrook
Banned

Originally Posted by Enosh

this was was on the official AC facebook page not 5 min ago, they removed it now, i clicked the link before it was removed, it showed some animus thingy video and some "activity" meter

http://www.facebook.com/assassinscre...50031305061905

Facebook or IOS AC
iNvid02
probably gonna show it at e3 as well
Ikkarus
(04-29-2011, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by iNvidious01

This.

I still need to play Brotherhood. I really enjoyed AC2.
Hixx
(04-29-2011, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr_Brit

Give the franchise a break already!

not when they've been getting better and better each release, no thanks. when they start to stagnate, sure.
Haunted
(04-29-2011, 05:44 PM)

Originally Posted by ssolitare

How many have there been this gen?

3 full-fledged games on PC and PS360
2 on DS
1 on PSP
1 on Facebook
1 on iPhone

And 1 more announced for the 3DS.

So roughly one Assassin's Creed game every 6 months.
Last edited by Haunted; 04-29-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
(04-29-2011, 05:44 PM)
The image on the side is different. It shows the white animus world behind the symbol, but the it's now black.
Last edited by Ether_Snake; 04-30-2011 at 12:00 AM.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(04-29-2011, 05:45 PM)

Give the franchise a break already!

I have no problem with Ubi milking the franchise if each core entry continues to improve upon its predecessor. Annual releases aside, their handling of the franchise is practically the opposite of Acti with Call of Duty.

Give the franchise a break already! Whilst Brotherhood beat expectations to actually turn out good, there is no way they can make yet another game in a year without it being absolutely horrible and rushed. TBH I'd prefer it if they waited till next gen to make AC3.

Your scepticism is borne from the assumption that they've only been developing this upcoming game for a year by the time it goes gold.
The Broken Ska Record
(04-29-2011, 05:47 PM)

Oh, god no. If anything Brotherhood was a "break" since they reused a lot of assets. Plus the AC team is huge. I just want them to finish out the Desmond story ASAP.
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
There's a AC in development for the 3DS. Might be that.
LiK

Originally Posted by iNvidious01

This

My Eagle Eyes are ready
Genesis Knight
Assassin's Creed has gotten better with every installment - poor AC1 is a shadow of Brotherhood's scope and execution. Keep bringing it, Ubisoft! (Why can't you do the same for PoP?)
Elios83
(04-29-2011, 05:48 PM)
Ubi already confirmed that it will be revealed in May.
Unfortunately I'm expecting an other spin off and AC3 only next year :/
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(04-29-2011, 05:48 PM)
I welcome more AC into my life, as long as the quality is still there. AC2 and Brotherhood were awesome.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(04-29-2011, 05:49 PM)

Originally Posted by EatChildren

There's a AC in development for the 3DS. Might be that.

They confirmed there would be a big AC title this year, and that it would be unveiling in May, so I imagine that this actually "reveals" some ARG teasing that game.

After the PSP, DS, and iOS games, I also think expecting anything decent out of the 3DS game is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Their dead silence on the topic doesn't bode well for it either.
Mikasangelos
(04-29-2011, 05:51 PM)
I love this series.
NotTheGuyYouKill
(04-29-2011, 05:51 PM)

Believe

Brotherhood turned out to be pretty great and a big improvement over AC2, so I have faith in Ubisoft. They have a giant team and a lot of resources, so I don't think quality will be a big problem.

Super-hyped for AC3! Especially after Brotherhood's messed up cliffhanger.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(04-29-2011, 05:52 PM)

Originally Posted by NotTheGuyYouKill

Believe

Brotherhood turned out to be pretty great and a big improvement over AC2, so I have faith in Ubisoft. They have a giant team and a lot of resources, so I don't think quality will be a big problem.

This year's entry isn't AC3. That's, presumably, for 2012.
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(04-29-2011, 05:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Nirolak

After the PSP, DS, and iOS games, I also think expecting anything decent out of the 3DS game is setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's Assassin's Creed. I dont expect anything decent in the first place :P.
Htown
STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
(04-29-2011, 05:56 PM)
assassin's creed is one of the only series this gen that has gotten the sequel thing absolutely righr. they streamline and improve (not remove) the things that don't quite work, then add more awesome things to do.
i actually expect assassin's creed to have more rpg elements than dragon age by the end of the generation.
NotTheGuyYouKill

Originally Posted by JaseC

This year's entry isn't AC3. That's, presumably, for 2012.

Super-hyped for Assassin's Creed 2.75!
Mr_Brit
Banned

Believe

Brotherhood only turned out good as they had AC2 as a foundation to build on, they didn't have to make a completely new game. This next game however is going to be set in a new time period, new location and will feature a bigger leap in gameplay than the jump between AC2 and ACB. It's crazy to believe that Ubisoft can do this in 12 months when they struggled to do the same for AC2 in 18 months. The dev team stated that they barely had any time to make the second game and were always hugely rushed and lots of cut AC2 content was used for ACB which is why it was put out in record time.

Expecting a non rushed, flawed game from Ubisoft this year is expecting way, way too much. Unfortunately it looks like Ubisoft want to turn this into their COD, the difference being that instead of having a 2 year dev cycle it will only be 1 year.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(04-29-2011, 05:58 PM)
I needed a break after 2, but as long as they change the location and time for the next game I'm probably in.
LaneDS
(04-29-2011, 05:58 PM)
How many potatoes will we need to properly activate the Animus?!
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants
(04-29-2011, 05:59 PM)

Originally Posted by LaneDS

How many flags will we need to properly activate the Animus?!

Fixed.
RustyNails
with arms wide open / under the sunlight / welcome to this place / i'll show you everythaaaang
(04-29-2011, 05:59 PM)
Is it possible for the series to take place prior to 10th century? Because I figured Hassan-ibn-Sabbah formed the original Assassins' circle in 10th century Jerusalem.
NotTheGuyYouKill
(04-29-2011, 06:00 PM)

Brotherhood only turned out good as they had AC2 as a foundation to build on, they didn't have to make a completely new game. This next game however is going to be set in a new time period, new location and will feature a bigger leap in gameplay than the jump between AC2 and ACB. It's crazy to believe that Ubisoft can do this in 12 months when they struggled to do the same for AC2 in 18 months. The dev team stated that they barely had any time to make the second game and were always hugely rushed and lots of cut AC2 content was used for ACB which is why it was put out in record time.

Expecting a non rushed, flawed game from Ubisoft this year is expecting way, way too much. Unfortunately it looks like Ubisoft want to turn this into their COD, the difference being that instead of having a 2 year dev cycle it will only be 1 year.

Perhaps they had a separate team working on this game while the rest of the group worked on ACB? It'd let them get a nice head-start AC2011. Once ACB was finished, everyone moved on AC2011. They have something like 400 people working on the AC games, right? Or is that just 400 employees at Ubisoft Montreal?
Mr_Brit
Banned
(04-29-2011, 06:02 PM)

Perhaps they had a separate team working on this game while the rest of the group worked on ACB? It'd let them get a nice head-start AC2011. Once ACB was finished, everyone moved on AC2011. They have something like 400 people working on the AC games, right? Or is that just 400 employees at Ubisoft Montreal?

I really hope it is a smaller team making this game and that the main team is making AC3 for Late 2012.
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
(04-29-2011, 06:03 PM)

Lol, most sequels are like that, so why should it be different for AC? How different is Gears 3 VS Gears 2? Etc. If anything, AC sequels have been more different than their predecessors than most sequels out there.

Ubisoft Montreal has like 2500 employees.
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants
(04-29-2011, 06:03 PM)

"Like" this page? Fuck you Ubisoft and Fuck you EA for making it widespread!
I ain't "liking" anything! They're already at 1.5 million likes. How many more do they need?
Last edited by shagg_187; 04-29-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(04-29-2011, 06:09 PM)
"Put some creed on you head"

Did they get a below average middle school student to write their copy?
NotTheGuyYouKill
(04-29-2011, 06:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Ether_Snake

Lol, most sequels are like that, so why should it be different for AC? How different is Gears 3 VS Gears 2? Etc. If anything, AC sequels have been more different than their predecessors than most sequels out there.

Ubisoft Montreal has like 2500 employees.

Oh, well excellent then. They could easily have had a sizable team working on AC2011 and have another one building on top of that for AC3.

Originally Posted by shagg_187

"Like" this page? Fuck you Ubisoft and Fuck you EA for making it widespread!
I ain't "liking" anything! They're already at 1.5 million likes. How many more do they need?

They're insecure. What're ya gonna do.
Enosh
(04-29-2011, 06:11 PM)

the flash file that was up

can anyone make out what the flashing thingy is saying ^^
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(04-29-2011, 06:18 PM)

dat ark
ChocolateCupcakes
(04-29-2011, 06:23 PM)

[IMG]http://i56.************/4p79t.png[/IMG]

I enlarged it a bit in case anyone knows what it is.
Last edited by ChocolateCupcakes; 04-29-2011 at 06:33 PM.
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants
(04-29-2011, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by ChocolateCupcakes

[IMG]http://i56.************/4p79t.png[/IMG]

I enlarged it a bit encase anyone knows what it is.

Just like every western title, this "arabic" is jibberish.

EDIT: Apparently not! They wrote it backwards with no respect for grammar lol.

It says "Altair Ibn La Ahd", which is his full name.
Last edited by shagg_187; 04-29-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Vinterbird
(04-29-2011, 06:28 PM)
Highly doubt it's 3 so soon after Brotherhood. Probably the 3DS/NGP game, and then 3 for at E3 2012 for launch that fall.
NotTheGuyYouKill
(04-29-2011, 06:29 PM)

My boss said it's someone's name

Edit: Oh, it's Altair. Cool
Fafalada
Fafracer forever
(04-29-2011, 06:29 PM)

Or is that just 400 employees at Ubisoft Montreal?

Credits show multiple teams were involved. Timelines are another question.
Dr.Palutena
(04-29-2011, 06:31 PM)
-read shagg's post-
sooooooo altair spin off ?
Genesis Knight
(04-29-2011, 06:31 PM)

Originally Posted by DoomXploder7

-read shagg's post-

First thing that came to my mind.
Freedom = $1.05
Akimbo Dogs
(04-29-2011, 06:33 PM)
This franchise could really use a breather unless it's goal is to end up like guitar hero/Tony hawk. If thats the case then go for it, ubisoft.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston

-read shagg's post-

If so, I can pretty safely say I'm not interested.
spiderman123
why AC 3 so early after brotherhood?
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(04-29-2011, 06:34 PM)
Again, the 3DS game? It's called "Lost Legacy".

The game will feature Ezio Auditore da Firenze as the main protagonist once again. The story will find Ezio traveling east to the Assassins' former city of Masyaf, where he will discover the origins of the Assassin Order, with possible connections to Alta´r's story from the first Assassin's Creed.

ChocolateCupcakes

EDIT: Apparently not! They wrote it backwards with no respect for grammar lol.

It says "Altair Ibn La Ahd", which is his full name.

Well thats a bit disappointing. I was expecting something more revealing.
LiK

-read shagg's post-

maybe they're trying to redeem themselves for AC Bloodlines.
miladesn
(04-29-2011, 06:35 PM)
It's Assassin's Creed Revelation. logo is in the swf uping in a sec