• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

wwm0nkey
Member
(05-04-2011, 05:46 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar
saw this earlier today but according to this guys linkedin profile he "Developed Pro Tools sessions from Ubisoft audio for the game demo of Rainbow Six (2011)"

Also it appears Ubisoft owns the website www.rainbowsix-BD.com

All I have to say is, its about time.
V_Ben
Member
(05-04-2011, 05:49 PM)
V_Ben's Avatar
Rainbow Six: Backyard Destruction.

Rescue hostages from the set of a porno.


(Also, huzzah! Loved the Vegas games)
wienke
Member
(05-04-2011, 05:49 PM)
wienke's Avatar
Seriously, it's about time. I've been itching for some Tom Clancy action and realized that just about everything out there is a few years old.
BloodySinner
Banned
(05-04-2011, 05:50 PM)
BloodySinner's Avatar
What difference does it make? Ubisoft doesn't properly support their multiplayer games post-launch.

See Vegas & Vegas 2 for details. :/
Seda
the worst pokemon
(05-04-2011, 05:50 PM)
Seda's Avatar
Announced at E3, probably.

Please not an iphone game.
V_Ben
Member
(05-04-2011, 05:50 PM)
V_Ben's Avatar

Originally Posted by Seda

Announced at E3, probably.

Please not an iphone game.

That already came out, so the chances of that are already diminished!
Xater
Member
(05-04-2011, 05:50 PM)
Xater's Avatar
It would be pretty funny if we get a new Rainbow Six before they finish that Ghost Recon game they showed off last year.
CrunchinJelly
formerly cjelly
(05-04-2011, 05:51 PM)
CrunchinJelly's Avatar
Announced and shown at E3.

Canned and restarted 6 months later.

Sounds about right for Ubi.
Gospel
Parmesan et Romano
(05-04-2011, 05:51 PM)
Gospel's Avatar
don't mess with me, seriously.
Horns
Member
(05-04-2011, 05:51 PM)
Horns's Avatar
Good find. We're due for a new Rainbow Six.
wwm0nkey
Member
(05-04-2011, 05:52 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by BloodySinner

What difference does it make? Ubisoft doesn't properly support their multiplayer games post-launch.

See Vegas & Vegas 2 for details. :/

Vegas 2 got a pretty meaty update if I remember correctly that added high stakes mode and ect.
V_Ben
Member
(05-04-2011, 05:52 PM)
V_Ben's Avatar

Originally Posted by cjelly

Announced and shown at E3.

Canned and restarted upon alpha state of project.

Sounds about right for Ubi.

Fixed. ;)
Pylon_Trooper
Banned
(05-04-2011, 05:52 PM)
Pylon_Trooper's Avatar
I'm intrigued at the direction they take with whatever RS game comes out next.

Really wish Ubi would reel Michael de Plater back in to continue the shelved Endwar 2, as well.
wwm0nkey
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:01 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar
Really do hope they show this off at E3.
Nizz
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:01 PM)
Nizz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xater

It would be pretty funny if we get a new Rainbow Six before they finish that Ghost Recon game they showed off last year.

Yeah, what the hell ever happened to that Ghost Recon game? I never played Rainbow Six:Vegas 2 but played the shit out of one. A new Rainbow Six dropping soon would be awesome.

Could use a tactical themed FPS game. Tagging enemies for your team, flash bang and take them out without harming hostages. Yeah!
BobsRevenge
I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
(05-04-2011, 06:04 PM)
BobsRevenge's Avatar
Rainbow Six is dead. :(

Its been dead for a while now. At least to me. :(
wwm0nkey
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:04 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by BobsRevenge

Rainbow Six is dead. :(

Its been dead for a while now. At least to me. :(

The Vegas games where not that bad at all.
Madridista
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:05 PM)
Madridista's Avatar
Am I the only one who really miss Rainbow Six 3? =;(
I want a game like that, not Vegas.
woolley
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:06 PM)
woolley's Avatar
I hope they bring a new game to consoles soon, I loved Vegas 2 and would love to get my hands on a new multiplayer like it.
Spitz
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:06 PM)
Spitz's Avatar
Still waiting for the Ghost Recon Future Soldier beta since last summer.
cackhyena
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:06 PM)
cackhyena's Avatar
Vegas 1 had better level design, by far, but 2 was fun enough in co op. We need another R6.
wwm0nkey
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:07 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spitz

Still waiting for the Ghost Recon Future Soldier beta since last summer.

I really do think that game is dead.
Saren is Bad
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:07 PM)
Saren is Bad's Avatar
YEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!

Vegas and, to a lesser extent, Vegas 2 are the best online multiplayer games this gen.
Xater
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:08 PM)
Xater's Avatar

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

I really do think that game is dead.

The game we saw last year is probably dead. We will see a new one with the same name. ;)
FunkyPajamas
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:09 PM)
FunkyPajamas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anastacio

Am I the only one who really miss Rainbow Six 3? =;(
I want a game like that, not Vegas.

Not the only one. Well, if you're talking Rainbow Six 3 PC (Raven Shield/Athena Sword), that is.

If you're talking the xbox bastardization then I've got nothing to say to you :P
wwm0nkey
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:10 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xater

The game we saw last year is probably dead. We will see a new one with the same name. ;)

I hope that version is dead, it looked like ass.
Pylon_Trooper
Banned
(05-04-2011, 06:11 PM)
Pylon_Trooper's Avatar

Originally Posted by FunkyPajamas

If you're talking the xbox bastardization then I've got nothing to say to you :P

Oh, come now...Black Arrow was a great effort.
Old Gimlet Eyes
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:11 PM)
Old Gimlet Eyes's Avatar

Originally Posted by BobsRevenge

Rainbow Six is dead. :(

Its been dead for a while now. At least to me. :(

Rainbow Six died after part 3. Lockdown was a joke and Vegas was just offensive. 3rd person cover system, regenerating health and unlimited ammo pistols should never have been in a R6 game.
Madridista
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:12 PM)
Madridista's Avatar

Originally Posted by FunkyPajamas

Not the only one. Well, if you're talking Rainbow Six 3 PC (Raven Shield/Athena Sword), that is.

If you're talking the xbox bastardization then I've got nothing to say to you :P

I'm thinking both the PC and Xbox versions, they were immense!
I spent more than 200 hours with the Xbox version alone, those were my best days on Xbox Live. Spent a whole lot of hours with Black Arrow as well. Raven Shield was awesome.
BobsRevenge
I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
(05-04-2011, 06:12 PM)
BobsRevenge's Avatar

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

The Vegas games where not that bad at all.

But they aren't Rainbow Six. :(
wwm0nkey
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:12 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darkshier

Rainbow Six died after part 3. Lockdown was a joke and Vegas was just offensive. 3rd person cover system, regenerating health and unlimited ammo pistols should never have been in a R6 game.

It wasnt like the old ones but doesnt mean it was a bad game. Vegas 1 and 2 where pretty good.
Gooster
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:12 PM)
Gooster's Avatar
Don't you DARE fucking tease me. I'll gladly take Shenmue 3 trolling. I'm used to it. I have no faith in that shit anymore, but NOT R6! :(
faridmon
Banned
(05-04-2011, 06:14 PM)
faridmon's Avatar
Just you wait until they csaualise it even more than Vegas. Oh, introduce invisible Super Soldiers who take 20 bullets.
Linconan
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:14 PM)
Linconan's Avatar
As long as they include the camera feature again that lets you put your own face in the game.
Day1

I had mine nearly picture perfect.
Added a whole new level of entertainment.
Loved watching me run around..
*stretches on chair*
"oh yeah..."

One of the Greatest Online games i've played and one of the most fun, tactical and teamwork related games i've played to date.

I need me anew fix, Six.
yankeehater
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:16 PM)
yankeehater's Avatar
Vegas 1 and 2 are my most played mp games this gen. I am dying for a new R6 game, this is such great news.
Guerrillas in the Mist
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:16 PM)
Guerrillas in the Mist's Avatar
Don't worry guys, it'll still be teh tektikal.

It'll have a cover system and everything! Who cares about careful and methodical command of a team and execution of a plan.
FunkyPajamas
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:18 PM)
FunkyPajamas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pylon_Trooper

Oh, come now...Black Arrow was a great effort.

It was ok, I guess, but they removed all the mission pre-planning, team placement and whatnot, which is what made the series great and unique to me.

Originally Posted by Anastacio

I'm thinking both the PC and Xbox versions, they were immense!
I spent more than 200 hours with the Xbox version alone, those were my best days on Xbox Live. Spent a whole lot of hours with Black Arrow as well. Raven Shield was awesome.

I owned both as well (even Black Arrow) but to be honest I didn't enjoy the xbox ones so much. Honestly, as a pseudo squad-based shooter I liked more the Vegas entries than the original xbox's ones.

Hopefully if they are bringing the series back they'll be able to reach a middle ground between Vegas and Raven Shield/Athena Sword. And I hope they don't make it futuristic.
Minimum Rage
Banned
(05-04-2011, 06:19 PM)
Minimum Rage's Avatar
The latest 3rd person rainbow sixes should have gotten a different title.

I love playing tactical shooters like Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear and SWAT4.

They switched to another genre, but continued using the same title, meaning they killed a whole genre.
wwm0nkey
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:20 PM)
wwm0nkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Linconan

As long as they include the camera feature again that lets you put your own face in the game.
Day1

I had mine nearly picture perfect.
Added a whole new level of entertainment.
Loved watching me run around..
*stretches on chair*
"oh yeah..."

One of the Greatest Online games i've played and one of the most fun, tactical and teamwork related games i've played to date.

I need me anew fix, Six.

It should have Kinect 3D face mapping :D
Linconan
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:24 PM)
Linconan's Avatar

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

It should have Kinect 3D face mapping :D

Lol, unfortunately i'm on the other side of the fence now.
No Kinect for me.
But if it had 3D,...
I'd never need another shooter ever.

Make it happen Ubi :)

..*sigh
Grisby
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:28 PM)
Grisby's Avatar
New Rainbow? AAAAWWWWW YEEEAAAAHHHHH.

I really enjoyed Vegas. Game was a graphical looker when it came out. I remember playing that demo disc over and over.
Gooster
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:33 PM)
Gooster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grisby

New Rainbow? AAAAWWWWW YEEEAAAAHHHHH.

I really enjoyed Vegas. Game was a graphical looker when it came out. I remember playing that demo disc over and over.

My friend and I actually ran through the first Vegas co-op story mode last weekend and it's still as fun as I remember it.

I loved Vegas 2 multiplayer (and FINALLY made Elite a month ago), but the single-player felt so half-assed to me, and the big reveal in the terrorist plot being one ex-Rainbow's temper tantrum about what a rogue fuck-up he was, was insulting.

Terrorist Hunt needs tweaking.
Raide
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:34 PM)
Raide's Avatar
Needs a reboot. R6, GR and SC were all blending into the same world and it was becoming had to tell the difference. Keep GR as the military shooter + tech, keep R6 as the tactical SWAT style shooter it started out as.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(05-04-2011, 06:36 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raide

Needs a reboot. R6, GR and SC were all blending into the same world and it was becoming had to tell the difference. Keep GR as the military shooter + tech, keep R6 as the tactical SWAT style shooter it started out as.

Yes please but also take the extreme crazy tech out of GR too.
Orayn
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:37 PM)
Orayn's Avatar
Even if RSV and RSV2 were disappointing compared to the older Rainbow games, they were still head and shoulders above most shooters out there. I'd love to see Ubi take another swing at the series, especially if they focus more on the tactical shooter roots. Also, co-op with multiple teams would be fan-fucking-tastic.
anonymousAversa
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:37 PM)
anonymousAversa's Avatar
the concept of RS:vegas was cool but the execution, at least on ps3, was miserable. Something about that unreal engine and the sluggish controls really got to me.

Here's to hoping for modern reboot with some bitchin visuals and planning modes.

I'd be okay with PC-only
Raide
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:40 PM)
Raide's Avatar

Originally Posted by anonymousAversa

the concept of RS:vegas was cool but the execution, at least on ps3, was miserable. Something about that unreal engine and the sluggish controls really got to me.

Here's to hoping for modern reboot with some bitchin visuals and planning modes.

I'd be okay with PC-only

R6 using the Parkour engine stuff from AC, mainly for the movement and navigating objects/using ropes etc. Shooters need to go past chest high walls.
Chuck
Still without luck
(05-04-2011, 06:43 PM)
Chuck's Avatar
Rainbow Six returning to it's hardcore roots ?!? Just kidding.

I just hope it's not Vegas 3.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(05-04-2011, 06:46 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by anonymousAversa

I'd be okay with PC-only

This seems unlikely.
Raide
Member
(05-04-2011, 06:46 PM)
Raide's Avatar

Originally Posted by ChuckNoLuck

Rainbow Six returning to it's hardcore roots ?!? Just kidding.

I just hope it's not Vegas 3.

I think they said a while back that Vegas was finished and they wanted to move on. Kinda like GRAW is gone but they still want to make GR games.

Thread Tools