• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New! Best Buy $100 gift card coupon w/ 160GB PS3 purchase - coupon inside

Seventh

I just bought a PS3 from Target (DC area) today, and received $160 in Target gift cards with my purchase. The final total for both the PS3 and the gift cards was $306.99.

Target is running an ad this week stating that you can get a $60 gift card with the purchase of a PS3. They also currently have a special coupon you can use to get an additional $100 gift card when you purchase a PS3.

To get the coupon, you need to buy a Blu-Ray movie. When the cashier scans it, a coupon for should print out. The coupon is good for a $100 gift card with the purchase of a PS3 bundle. A regular 160GB PS3 for $299 will work. The coupon does stack with their ad for a $60 gift card, so in total you will get 2 gift cards worth $160 when you buy a PS3. You will only get taxed for $140 and not $299 due to the gift cards. This is for in-store only.

Here's everything you need to do to get it to work:

1) First you'll need to get the coupon for a $100 gift card. To get it, go pick up a Blu Ray in their movie department.

MAKE SURE TO PAY FOR THE MOVIE AT THE REGISTERS NEAR THE FRONT OF THE STORE! If you pay for it in the electronics department, you won't get the coupon, because they don't have the coupon printer there.

I bought Gremlins on Blu-Ray for $20 to get my coupon. Some people have reported that Justin Bieber, Marley and Me, or Saw V will work. I'm not really sure if there's any specific movie you need to buy to get the coupon. It may vary from store to store, so you may have to try a few to get it. You can always return any movies you don't want. I returned Gremlins for a full refund with no problems. If you're having problems finding a movie that works, just tell the cashier that you're looking for a coupon so you'd like them to scan a few things for you. As soon as they scan it, it should print out.

2) Now with your $100 gift card coupon in hand, go buy a PS3. Like I said, this week (ends Saturday) they are having a special where you get a $60 gift card with the purchase of a PS3. You can pay for the PS3 in the electronics department, it doesn't matter. Present your coupon to the cashier and when he/she scans it, it will add a second $100 gift card to your purchase for free. If they won't let you get both gift cards, you can either try arguing with them, or go see if another Target store will give them to you. I had no problems when I made my purchase, other than the guy being surprised at the great deal.

Enjoy!

One thing to keep in mind is that if you decide you want to return the PS3, you will only get back $140 since they deduct the gift card amounts. Even if you haven't used them.

I'm not sure how much longer this deal will last, so if you're on the fence you may want to decide soon just in case Target decides to no longer honor it. I did find out from the cashier that there is a new PS3 bundle releasing on May 29 that includes CoD: Black Ops for $299 if you wanted to wait. My $100 gift card coupon I got said it expired on June 16, but I don't know if you'll be able to use the coupon on the CoD bundle. It's up to you if you want to risk it.

If you're not really sure what to do with the gift cards, Target does sell Kindle cards that you can redeem and use on Amazon, as well as prepaid Visa cards. I don't know if you can use a gift card, to buy a gift card, but it's worth a shot.

KoolKing

For those skeptical about the Target deal, I can confirm it 100% works. My 80GB BC unit crapped out on me yesterday. I was not going to pay Sony $130 just to send me a unit that would die a month after their 3 month return warranty so I started searching out deals. Found this one on another site this afternoon and ran out there. Talked to the guy at the electronics section and he told me they couldn't print coupons there. He seemed a little surprised about the deal. I bought Gremlins on BD (since I love the movie this was a nice addition to the deal) and got the $100 GC coupon immediately. Went back to electronics and the guy was telling one of his coworkers about it. He couldn't believe that it worked, and quite frankly neither could I. Got the last 160GB in the store as well as the $160 in gift cards. Great timing on this deal for me. Now to figure out a good price to ask for my YLOD unit.

FWIW, it is possible certain stores may be sticklers about the $100 GC since the printed coupon specifically says "bundle". The printed receipt also seems to indicate that the price of this "bundle" would be $349.99. The system will ring it up just fine on the normal systems so as long as you don't have a cashier that has to read every last word, you should be fine.

DrBo42

For the gamestop thing since I already have a PS3, can I just print out my coupon and give it to a friend? Is there any verification going on?

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Just another confirmation of the Target deal here. I went in this morning and it still seems to work, so either the deal is entirely intentional, they don't feel like fixing it, or have not been made aware of any error. Since I need to buy an HDTV for this thing anyway, it does work out to basically getting a PS3 for $140+tax.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DrBo42 said:
For the gamestop thing since I already have a PS3, can I just print out my coupon and give it to a friend? Is there any verification going on?

Yes. This is how I got the coupon. They don't need the original person's card.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Bought 500 Days of Summer and got a $100 coupon from Target. Going to give it to my buddy since his PS3 just died.

Darkness said:
Bought 500 Days of Summer and got a $100 coupon from Target. Going to give it to my buddy since his PS3 just died.

so all you did was buy the blu-ray and they gave you a $100 coupon that is only good towards a ps3?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Ken Masters said:
so all you did was buy the blu-ray and they gave you a $100 coupon that is only good towards a ps3?

Yup. It printed out with the receipt. Only good on the 160GB PS3 model.

Elixist

Did the BD thing with Knocked Up ,40 yov and Night at Museum and I got the coupon, but
no 160 gigs in stock here...FUCKKK, one store has a Black Ops system gonna try to use
the 100 gc on it and hope it works. If not guess I'll wait till E3 and see what happens.
Then there will probly be a new sku or 50 dollar pricecut that wont work with the gift card. Gahh heres hopin.

Elixist

Well not only did I get the Black Ops ps3 i got the 160 in gc as well

fuckyeah.png

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Bought Big Trouble in Little China and Robocop and got the coupon. Now to track down a Target that actually has 160 gigers in stock.

Is 160gigs enough room if I don't plan on downloading any music, movies etc.. and instead use it for just gaming?

Elixist

RedStep said:
There's a register lock on that SKU until 5/29. How'd you pull that off?

pics or it dint happen, im real tired, but i'll take some pics tomorrow. other people on CAG have had the same luck as me so I'm not the only one to have seen and bought it.

edit: couldve been some people on slickdeals cant remember for sure

RedStep

Elixist said:

The question was serious. The register has a lock, so what did you (or the manager) have to do in order to complete the sale properly (with the promotion and the coupon)? I don't give a shit if you're lying or not, I haven't seen anyone else report anything but failure.

Elixist

RedStep said:
The question was serious. The register has a lock, so what did you (or the manager) have to do in order to complete the sale properly (with the promotion and the coupon)? I don't give a shit if you're lying or not, I haven't seen anyone else report anything but failure.

The dude was real cool, the ps3 was in the display, he took it out and said he was interested if I could get the 60 dollar card. Rang it up and he said dam you can get it dude!

I then pulled out the 100 dollar coupon and he was like wtf howd you get that? I explained and he added it to the purchase. Nothing was weird about him ringin it up I dont kno.

RedStep

Elixist said:
The dude was real cool, the ps3 was in the display, he took it out and said he was interested if I could get the 60 dollar card. Rang it up and he said dam you can get it dude!

I then pulled out the 100 dollar coupon and he was like wtf howd you get that? I explained and he added it to the purchase. Nothing was weird about him ringin it up I dont kno.

So bizarre. I haven't seen one in person, but I've seen nothing but rejection on SD and CAG. It will be interesting to see if there's a way around the street date locks on their registers.

Elixist

RedStep said:
So bizarre. I haven't seen one in person, but I've seen nothing but rejection on SD and CAG. It will be interesting to see if there's a way around the street date locks on their registers.

I couldve swore i read on one of those sites people having success in the same way as me
maybe I was hallucinating.

unomas

Banned
If you have HuluPlus through the 360 at $7.99 a month you don't have to pay $9.99 a month to have it on PS3 do you? If the PS3 sees a pricedrop I'm considering jumping back in to use it for Hulu/Netflix, and the occasional exclusive PS3 game.

TommyT

So now instead of $100 off of a PS3, we're talking about getting a PS3 for a full price, then getting $160 total in gift cards? I don't know if there's enough crap at target to warrant me buying a PS3 at full price.

Just making sure I'm understanding things correctly with all this.

statham

TommyT said:
So now instead of $100 off of a PS3, we're talking about getting a PS3 for a full price, then getting $160 total in gift cards? I don't know if there's enough crap at target to warrant me buying a PS3 at full price.

Just making sure I'm understanding things correctly with all this.
sell giftcards on ebay for $140, boom, $160 dollar ps3

use GC to buy uncharted, infamous and heavy rain, use left over for chips and soda

TommyT

statham said:
sell giftcards on ebay for $140, boom, $160 dollar ps3

use GC to buy uncharted, infamous and heavy rain, use left over for chips and soda

:O giftcards sell on ebay? Interesting... never though about that. I usually wait for a B2G1 to buy games or something like that, hardly ever buy at full prices (let alone Target), though I see what you're getting at.

To anyone who got the $100 coupon, does it have a use by date? I don't have the money to get the ps3 right now, but hoping I can get the bluray and get the $100 coupon now and use it next week.

I was planning to wait until E3 before replacing my 3xYLOD fatty, just in case there's a price drop or a new bundle, but neither of those will come close to a $160 gift card.

Worst case is the "base" model getting a bigger hdd after E3 I guess.

Owensboro

Just a heads up, I tried at a local target yesterday and couldn't get the coupon even after buying two separate Blu-Ray movies. I tried it first with Coming to America ($10) and then a second time with one that had been confirmed to work, Gremlins ($20). Neither one got me a coupon and both are being returned today.

Deal dead (in Atlanta at least)?

thuway

Javaman said:
No BC no sale for me. Hopefully they'll announce addng it back in during E3 but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm sorry dude, but thats your loss. The damn thing is 199. If you want, you could take the PS3, buy a used PS2 and duct tape them together.

Wolffen

Anyone still need a coupon for Gamestop? I know today's the last day, but I thought my parents were going to get a PS3 this weekend. They changed their mind, so I've got a Gamestop $100 coupon that expires today for those in the Power Up rewards program.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Wolffen said:
Anyone still need a coupon for Gamestop? I know today's the last day, but I thought my parents were going to get a PS3 this weekend. They changed their mind, so I've got a Gamestop $100 coupon that expires today for those in the Power Up rewards program.

I'll take it if you still have it!

Zeal

Banned
i don't ever beg because i'm basically awesome, but if anyone is willing to let me get the gamestop ps3 coupon on the last day, i would definitely make it worth your while.

i need a new PS3 for Dark Souls.

Hit me up, sons.

mollipen

Buckethead said:
What's this business about $160 PS3?

Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but Target over the previous week had a combination of deals where you could get $160 in Target gift cards with the purchase of a PS3 - meaning, if you picked up the $300 base model, you were basically getting a PS3 for $140.

And really, for the Target deal, you didn't have to just buy a ton of things to see about getting a coupon. I grabbed a movie, went up to a register, explained that there was a deal going on but wasn't sure if the movie I had was part of it, and asked them to scan it. As soon as the item was scanned, if the coupon was going to print, it printed at that point. If it didn't work, I took it back, and tried again with another movie and register. Worked the second time I tried, though, so was no big deal. (This was the day the deal hit the internet, though.)

Top Bottom