• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Trojita
Rapid Response Threadmaker
(05-11-2011, 05:43 AM)
This may have already apeared in the famitsu topic, which I can't find.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/10...fall-in-japan/

This week’s issue of Famitsu has an update on Project LovePlus. The only detail that leaked out is a release window. Konami has the Nintendo 3DS LovePlus game slated for fall in Japan.

One new feature Konami mentioned for the 3DS version is a "boyfriend lock." By using the handheld’s camera, the girls in Project LovePlus recognize the player and respond to strangers by asking "who are you?" So, don’t get a makeover or anything otherwise your virtual girlfriend may not know who you are.

Update: More details about Project LovePlus from Famitsu leaked out. The Nintendo 3DS game connect with the LovePlus arcade game. Players will be able to unlock special events and cosplay outfits. Your virtual girlfriend will befriend another player’s girlfriend. After communication is established, the two characters will send each other "e-mails" with photos of events. It’s unclear if this is a StreetPass feature or through another system.

Players can also watch their LovePlus girlfriend walk to school. Scenes show the girls carrying items like backpack and an umbrella or riding a bicycle. There will be a way to transfer data from a previous LovePlus game and Project LovePlus supports SD card saves.

That camera thing thing sounds like some NTR waiting to happen.
a Master Ninja
for whom the Bell trolls
(05-11-2011, 05:44 AM)
Firstly: LOL Japan

Secondly: Does the game even support 3D if it intends you to hold it book-style?
darkwing
(05-11-2011, 05:45 AM)
this is a solid argument against region locking
EmCeeGramr
Mr. speaker, we are for the big
(05-11-2011, 05:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Trojita

Players can also watch their LovePlus girlfriend walk to school.

"They don't even have to be your girlfriend yet."
2th
Banned
(05-11-2011, 05:46 AM)
i remember trying a dating sim once. that was when i was starting high school over 10 years ago. i honestly dont see the appeal in them for anyone over the age of maybe 21 but guess those japanese guys get ronery.
SmithnCo
(05-11-2011, 05:48 AM)
Oh my god... Boyfriend lock. It's like Kinect, but creepier.
Noogy
(05-11-2011, 06:03 AM)
Epic thread title.
Foliorum Viridum
Banned
(05-11-2011, 06:04 AM)
Japan is fucking weird.
Remember that guy who married his DS (Love Plus)? Will he divorce her (it) and go after the 3DS?
perfectchaos007
(05-11-2011, 06:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Noogy

Epic thread title.

Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(05-11-2011, 06:08 AM)

Originally Posted by ULTROS!

Remember that guy who married his DS (Love Plus)? Will he divorce her (it) and go after the 3DS?

He'll just transfer his wife to the new platform via the import feature.
Vic
Please help me with my bad english
(05-11-2011, 06:08 AM)
Waiting for Milf Plus.
grap3fruitman
(05-11-2011, 06:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Vic

Waiting for Milf Plus.

Okay... I'll admit that I don't think much of Love Plus but I would totally buy a Milf Plus.
jooey
The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
(05-11-2011, 06:22 AM)

Originally Posted by perfectchaos007

hey that looks kind of like my virtual girlfriend's chest
Vic
Please help me with my bad english
(05-11-2011, 06:23 AM)

Originally Posted by grap3fruitman

Okay... I'll admit that I don't think much of Love Plus but I would totally buy a Milf Plus.

:nod
RadioHeadAche
(05-11-2011, 06:25 AM)

Originally Posted by jooey

hey that looks kind of like my virtual girlfriend's chest

She may want to visit a virtual doctor to have that rash examined.
RomanticHeroX
(05-11-2011, 06:25 AM)

Originally Posted by a Master Ninja

Firstly: LOL Japan

Secondly: Does the game even support 3D if it intends you to hold it book-style?

Just grabbed my 3DS out of curiosity. The answer is: nope.
linko9
(05-11-2011, 06:27 AM)
Not that anyone cares, but that mockup in the OP is inaccurate; the 3DS can't display 3D when the system is turned sideways, and all games are required to be in 3D.

EDIT: beaten.
BocoDragon
or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
(05-11-2011, 06:28 AM)
"2D girlfriends" aren't helping Japan's population (I guess they're "3D" now... but they still can't have babies!)

But in all fairness... Japan has a declining population because they are one of the few developed nations which doesn't have open immigration.

Nearly ALL the developed nations of the world aren't having enough kids to maintain the population... That includes America, Canada, Europe, Australia...

They just let people move there from undeveloped countries... where they are still doing it like rabbits, as usual.
wonderfuldays
(05-11-2011, 06:30 AM)

Originally Posted by linko9

Not that anyone cares, but that mockup in the OP is inaccurate; the 3DS can't display 3D when the system is turned sideways, and all games are required to be in 3D.

EDIT: beaten.

I think the answer is no. Nintendo didn't force developers to do that. It is optional.
JustAnotherOtaku
(05-11-2011, 06:36 AM)
With this and Senran Kagura coming this year, it looks like I'll be adding a Japanese 3DS to my PAL one by the end of the year.
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(05-11-2011, 06:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Foliorum Viridum

Japan is fucking weird.

God bless 'em. Life is more interesting with Japan around.
linko9
(05-11-2011, 06:45 AM)

Originally Posted by wonderfuldays

I think the answer is no. Nintendo didn't force developers to do that. It is optional.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/3DS-G...s-191754.shtml

It appears you're right, don't know why I thought that. Anyway, for such a high profile release, it will almost certainly be in 3D, though I guess an optional "book mode" wouldn't be out of the question.
djtiesto
is beloved, despite what anyone might say
(05-11-2011, 03:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Foliorum Viridum

Japan is fucking weird.

Because the 30,000 or so people that will buy this game are a representation for a whole country, right?
plagiarize
(05-11-2011, 03:20 PM)

Originally Posted by linko9

http://news.softpedia.com/news/3DS-G...s-191754.shtml

It appears you're right, don't know why I thought that. Anyway, for such a high profile release, it will almost certainly be in 3D, though I guess an optional "book mode" wouldn't be out of the question.

i'm betting that the bulk of the game will remain in book mode (as the original was) but that there will be a skeevy 'model viewer' or some such thing in 3D where you can view your virtual girl once you've grown your 'relationship' to the sufficient six inches.
kswiston
(05-11-2011, 03:33 PM)

Originally Posted by djtiesto

Because the 30,000 or so people that will buy this game are a representation for a whole country, right?

Your point still stands, but Love Plus and similar games have sold in the 200-300k range. There are definitely more people into this sort of thing in Japan than North America (where it would sell 30k or so), even if those people still make up a minority.
Santerestil
(05-11-2011, 03:35 PM)

Originally Posted by darkwing

this is a solid argument for region locking

Fixed.
From The Dust
Banned
(05-11-2011, 03:36 PM)
I can't be the only one who just wants to "try it out" <_< >_>
AlphaTwo00
(05-11-2011, 03:39 PM)
The book mode isn't preventing the 3D, when you're holding it in book mode, you only see one set of the image, that's all. It's still "in 3D" if you were to view it the normal way.
sixteen-bit
(05-11-2011, 03:39 PM)
This game has the button you press to have your girl coax you out of suicide, right?
Or was that the previous game in the series?
From The Dust
Banned
(05-11-2011, 03:44 PM)

Originally Posted by plagiarize

i'm betting that the bulk of the game will remain in book mode (as the original was) but that there will be a skeevy 'model viewer' or some such thing in 3D where you can view your virtual girl once you've grown your 'relationship' to the sufficient six inches.

I think the developers said the girls react too where you are viewing. So if you stare at her chest, she will call you a pervert. If you stare at her panties, she will call the police. I wonder if you can rape her?
LiK
(05-11-2011, 03:49 PM)
Killer app
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(05-11-2011, 04:13 PM)

Originally Posted by From The Dust

I think the developers said the girls react too where you are viewing. So if you stare at her chest, she will call you a pervert. If you stare at her panties, she will call the police. I wonder if you can rape her?

That's not creepy at all
Swag
(05-11-2011, 04:20 PM)

I can't be the only one who just wants to "try it out" <_< >_>

I want to buy it just to see how it plays, and if they have any black girls.
Dapperk
(05-11-2011, 04:23 PM)

Originally Posted by djtiesto

He's pretty much right though
From The Dust
Banned
(05-11-2011, 04:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

That's not creepy at all

it's not like I want rape them. I was just wondering if it's an option for people who want a little force in their love life. not that I'm one of them

Originally Posted by Sebulon3k

I want to buy it just to see how it plays, and if they have any black girls.

there's no black people in Japan, silly :P
zerokoolpsx
Banned
(05-11-2011, 04:33 PM)
Such an epic title lol! I want to try out this game too. >_>
Dunan
(05-11-2011, 04:45 PM)
Wow, in book mode the 3DS takes its right-hander-centrism to a new level. Or can it be flipped like some of the DS brain training games could?

I think the Love Plus phenomenon is hilarious; supposedly guys are even traveling to the town where this game is set (somewhere in Kanagawa? or was it Saitama?) just to get a better experience. Even if you have no interest in virtual lovers, you have to admit that totally-off-the-wall ideas like the ones that went through the heads of the people who pitched this game can only be good for the industry.
BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(05-11-2011, 04:52 PM)

The question is if one views their 2D Waifu in 3D does she then become 3DPD?
Quixzlizx
(05-11-2011, 04:52 PM)

it's not like I want rape them. I was just wondering if it's an option for people who want a little force in their love life. not that I'm one of them

What the hell.
sprsk
force push the doodoo rock
(05-11-2011, 04:54 PM)
Looks like this one is mostly played in regular mode, not book mode. Most of the famitsu screenshots were horizontal.
InternHertz
(05-11-2011, 04:57 PM)
I will pick it up in Fall, but I hope I won't miss too much stuff just because I won't be able to sync my game with the arcade version :(
angelfly
A lot later than the originally planned Spring release but I can wait. Still troubling that there's still no confirmation on being able to import data from the DS version.
Boney
Banned

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

That's not creepy at all

It's perfectly normal!
BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(05-11-2011, 04:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Quixzlizx

What the hell.

Maybe he's hoping for a tentacle options.
Swag
(05-11-2011, 05:00 PM)

Originally Posted by BGBW

Picture

Is that the one where he meets his classmate that he has a crush on in the virtual world?

there's no black people in Japan, silly :P

The sad truth :(
Maxim726X
(05-11-2011, 05:02 PM)

Originally Posted by BGBW

Maybe he's hoping for a tentacle options.

That's what the 3DS needs- A tentacle rape sim (TRS, for short).
Chinese Electric Batman
Banned
(05-11-2011, 05:02 PM)
Time to cover my screen in cling film.
Mr_Elysia
(05-11-2011, 05:08 PM)
It's another "Oh Japan" game but shouldn't we allow for the chemical evocation of any sensory stimulation a medium can provide? If you can get excited by pretending to be a space marine, or an adrenaline rush from make-believe car racing, do you really think you have room to call people out from simulating a love reaction?

They do tend to go...pretty fucking overboard though. And I won't devil's advocate the um...partners they tend to simulate.
BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(05-11-2011, 05:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Sebulon3k

Is that the one where he meets his classmate that he has a crush on in the virtual world?

Nope. He's playing a one player adult VR game. Through a glitch he ends up swapping roles with the AI, so he ends up as the girl and is dominated.

I only saved that panel and one from the end when he finally gets out of the game, so there's no point in asking me for a title since I've long since forgotten.