Ultra w/ uber on vs offTIPS
Ultra / Ultra (no bloom) / Ultra (no bloom, no SSAO), Ultra (no bloom, 16xAF), Ultra (no bloom, 16xAF, uber), Low - Ultra, & Low w/ High Textures
More Bloom comparisons (where it looks better on), and more still (where it looks better off).
Bloom comparison in flotsam (looks better off)
- Turn off ubersampling (meant for supercomputers)SLI/XFIRE INFO (currently out of date, needs updating)
- Turn off bloom (meant for atomic/post nuclear wasteland simulation)
Stuttering? Try this.
General performance tweaking guide (detailed explanations / pictures of settings)
Suggested ini tweaks for 3D Vision
Stuck at a black screen or game not loading at all w/ Steam version? Close & exit steam and run it again as an administrator.
user.ini tweaking guide - further enhance settings, increase fps
Guide for gaming laptops
Common issues and possible solutions
Disc problems with retail? Try making isos. Or this, and/or also updating your drive's firmware (may fix CRC errors).
How to fix "Error Writing File" message from launcher
3GB switch fix for Vista 32/ Win7 32 (for those experiencing crashes to desktop)
Want a locked 30fps? Use DXtory, FPS Limiter or if you have an ATI card, use RadeonPro with double vsync option
Text too small to read on HDTVs? Try this.
No response from the gamepad or stuck/stalled and can't fight? Get hit in combat to fix.
Getting really weird fog-like visuals like above? Most likely you are forcing AA in your GPU's drivers, turn AA off in CCC/nVidia. Or maybe Catalyst AI is to blame.
- If you really want ubersampling, and have the hardware, turn off AA option (double-dips)
- Turning off the DOF makes such a HUGE difference to the frame rate.
- Turning off AA and/or motion blur can make a huge difference in some configurations
- Certain unknown graphic settings such as ground/road LOD are set by the preset you select, and cannot be other changed. See here.
Nvidia owners should trying uninstalling 3D drivers & updating to latest drivers, may improve performance drastically(fixed in 1.3)
- How to get 5.1 sound working on 7.1 systems (for the G35). Alternate solution w/o removal of drivers.
How to invert mouse(fixed in 1.1)
How to invert the gamepad, if this doesn't work change it in the user.ini suggested above(fixed in 1.1)
- To fix the floaty mouse cursor, change Smoothness=1 to Smoothness=0 under the mouse settings in the User.ini
Patch 1.3 should improve things a little, be sure to try updating.MODS (currently out of date, needs updating)
"(XFIRE) Performance has been fixed in 11.6b & 11.6 CAP1."
New AMD hotfix (8.85.6 RC5 - May 25) is out! Initial feedback is extremely good w/ xfire, some sparadic light issues, hopefully resolved soon.
New SLI info, no bleeding lights, examples of bleeding lights with SLI info
Working SLI profile, Use "0x02C04205," Additional info
Crossfire profile: both cards working @ 95% (use Radeon Pro), Additional info, update for flickering lights
If running crossfire, disable one of your GPUs for a performance increase until supported officially
Or see pahamrick's advice for using crossfire
Originally Posted by thewitcher.com
NOTE: Please keep in mind that all of the (older) fan-made modifications are incompatible with the newest update (Patch 1.3). Make sure to uninstall them to avoid in-game issues. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Autofokus' Comfy Couch & Dynamic HUD modsLATEST NEWS:
Witcher Nexus - Community hosting many mods including (more notable mods):
- Potion Duration Extension (w/ instructions to configure durations to your liking)
- Oil Duration Extension (sets oils to 30 mins)
- Crafting Materials Weight Reduction Mod (all crafting materials to .1)
- Unlimited Carry Weight Mod (all items 0 weight)
- Classic Dice Set (Easier to read)
- Tooltip Mod (makes tooltips larger and quicker to scroll)
- Save Game Cleanup Utility (UI for cleaning out saves)
- Uncensor mod (AUS version)
Increase oil / potion duration, Zero weight for all items / crafting, uncensor mod (AUS)
Originally Posted by Enhanced Edition patch notes
1. Launcher now includes an option to toggle DLCs off and on.
2. Assorted animals have been added to the game.
3. New werewolf trophy has been added in Chapter 3.
4. New, randomly dispersed swords have been added.
5. Fixed error in potions_time_bonus value at level 2 of ‘Specialization: Potions’ ability.
6. Fixed description of ‘Control over the Power’ ability.
7. Fixed incorrect description of ‘Alchemist’ ability.
8. Fixed incorrect description of ‘Amplification’ ability at level 2.
9. Fixed incorrect description of ‘Energy Flow’ ability at level 2.
10. Fixed incorrect description of ‘Control over the Power’ ability at level 2.
11. Fixed incorrect description of ‘Synthesis’ ability at level 2.
12. Fixed incorrect description of ‘Combat Acumen’ ability.
13. Fixed incorrect description of Gadwall potion.
14. ‘Position’ ability at level 2 now multiplies damage dealt to back by zero.
15. Fixed incorrect damage calculation for ‘Whirl’ ability.
16. Fixed spark FX and no damage taken when rolling while being attacked by foe.
17. Fixed incorrect notification when using Axii Sign on golems.
18. Mahakam Rune Sihil sword is now imported from TW1 game saves to New Game.
19. Parry and Signs are now improved when Geralt has increased Vigor.
20. Parry bug has been fixed. Players can no longer parry for 0 damage.
21. Quen Sign has been significantly nerfed. It now wears off after one or two hits.
22. Adrenaline no longer loads during boss fights.
23. Fixed bug that caused Igni to deal no damage when used right after a sword hit.
24. Fixed incorrect game behavior when saving game while casting bombs.
25. Kayran now casts fewer stones at end of fight.
26. Fixed bug allowing potions to be consumed with Toxicity at 100%.
27. Finisher performed on rotfiends no longer adds additional weapon.
28. Redanian soldiers in Chapter 3 now spawn correctly.
29. Fire now removes Quen Sign during dragon boss fight in Chapter 3.
30. Fixed targeting on dragon in Chapter 3.
31. Added new statistics for NPCs to correct game balance in Chapter 3.
32. Cat potion effect now disappears during dialogue sequences and cut scenes.
33. Target marker and enemy names have been removed from fist fights.
34. Fixed display name for wraiths.
35. Small fixes introduced in NPC taunt behavior during fights.
36. Fixed NPC behavior after combat.
37. All critical effects dealt to player are canceled before any scene starts.
38. Fixed unusual behavior of clothing when using Heliotrope Sign.
39. Small fixes introduced in Dice Poker mini-game.
40. Several fixes introduced in mini-maps.
41. Fixed several camera shots in dialogue sequences.
42. Fixed dialogue camera in ‘Blood Curse’ quest.
43. Walkmesh fixed in Roche’s tent.
44. Walkmesh fixed in Chapter 3 sewers.
45. Walkmesh fixed when following Roche on Chapter 3.
46. Walkmesh fixed in central square of Loc Muinne.
47. Walkmesh fixed near Nilfgaardian camp in Chapter 3.
48. Fixed several camera collisions.
49. Fixed tent roof collisions in Chapter 3.
50. Fixed collisions in butcher’s house in Flotsam.
51. Fixed collisions on Roche's ship.
52. Fixed chest collision on ship in Chapter 2.
53. Fixed broken poster at Flotsam gate.
54. Fixed Temerian flag collision.
55. Fixed several locations, decorations, walkmeshes and occluders.
56. Small fixes made in environment blending.
57. Assorted fixes made in character lighting.
58. Fixed flying meshes in Prologue.
59. Fixed blinking trees in Chapter 3.
60. Fixed blinking grass on Draug location.
61. Fixed low detail texture on rock in camp of the Order of the Flaming Rose.
62. Fixed Wild Hunt graphics in Chapter 3.
63. Fixed clock in Meditation panel.
64. Fixed broken texture during Meditation in UI.
65. Fixed spyglass icon in Inventory.
66. Added mages' banner to Epilogue in Loc Muinne.
67. Added Nilfgaardian flags in Chapter 3.
68. Added new FX for magic in Epilogue.
69. Fixed trade stalls in Flotsam so they close at night.
70. Fixed Geralt's head on cut scene in Prologue.
71. Fixed Golem's facial expressions.
72. Fixed ragdoll effect on Golem's body.
73. Fixed ragdoll effect on nekkers.
74. Fixed distortions on Saskia's voice in cut scene in Chapter 2.
75. 'Sneak' mode music is now saved and reappears when a game is loaded.
76. Several fixes introduced in cut scene audio.
77. Fixed cut-scene sound synchronization.
78. Missing sounds supplemented in Chapter 3 cut scenes.
79. Balance of sound and music fixed in Epilogue.
80. Fixed problems with music playback in Epilogue.
81. Fixed reverb in sewers in Chapter 3.
82. Fixed mage teleport sound effect.
83. Fixed crowd in amphitheatre in Chapter 3.
84. Fixed waypoint for Geralt's death cut scene in Loc Muinne.
85. Fixed situation whereby Geralt could tell Dethmold that he had a spearhead when this was not present in the Inventory.
86. Triss now always casts spell when interviewing wounded elf in Chapter 1.
87. Shilard now holds the Triss figurine when showing it to Assire.
88. Fixed block on Roche's movement during fight against soldiers on the walls in Chapter 3.
89. Fixed blocker in 'Conspiracy' quest in Chapter 2.
90. Items collected in Prologue now appear in correct slots at the opening of Chapter 1.
91. Fixed interaction with Síle's megascope in Chapter 3.
92. Fixed highlight effect on doors when using Medallion in Chapter 3.
93. Chest can now be looted after fight with Letho in Chapter 1.
94. Added loot to Dethmold's chest.
95. Fixed loot in containers in Chapter 3.
96. Fixed Letho's gestures in dialogue sequence in Chapter 3.
97. Fixed a number of inconsistent Journal entries.
98. Fixed Dethmold's grimoire so it appears in 'Quest Item' category in Inventory.
99. Fixed instances where 'Esc Menu' could not be accessed.
100. Game can now be saved while walking through the forest with Anezka.
101. Assorted fixes made in game saving functionality and associated menus.
102. Assorted localization improvements have been made.
Moved! And hopefully replaced soon with a more general look at what performance to expect with various hardwareSETTINGS INFO
Originally Posted by readme.txt
-Texture downscaling: higher values result in lower texture quality.
-Texture memory size: sets the amount of graphics card memory allocated to textures. Larger values will decrease the amount of streaming that occurs in game and will make the game run more smoothly, but they can also cause the graphics card to run out of memory and even result in game crashes. Choose a reasonable value based on the amount of memory available on your graphics card.
- Shadow quality: affects graphics performance. Consumes GPU power without affecting CPU performance.
- Number of shadowed lights: set the maximum number of lights that cast shadows. Affects graphics performance. Consumes GPU power without affecting CPU performance.
- LOD distance: distance scale for level of detail on meshes. Lower values improve game performance but result in reduced detail on models.
- Bloom: effect greatly improves quality of game graphics without placing excess demands on GPU.
- Light shafts: visual effect recommended for medium-high/high-end machines. Should be disabled on older systems.
- Anti-aliasing: demanding effect that can significantly reduce performance, so it should be disabled on medium and low-end machines.
- Blur effects: special blur and radial blur visual effects that are quite demanding on hardware but used rarely in the game.
- Depth of field – gameplay: subtle visual effect. Option determines appearance of effect only during gameplay sequences and does not affect DoF in cutscenes.
- Vignette: aesthetic option that produces a photographic vignette around the game screen. Does not affect performance.
- Rain, Wet surfaces rain effect: modest impact on performance.
- SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion): lighting effect that is important to the game but unfortunately places significant demands on the GPU.
- Motion blur: blur effect on camera movement, demanding on the GPU.
- Cinematic depth of field: provides movie-like depth of field in cutscenes and dialogue sequences. Extremely detailed but demands significant power. Should only be enabled on machines equipped with top-end graphics cards.
- Depth of field – cutscenes: option only affects cutscenes and dialogue sequences, does not affect gameplay performance.
- Dangling objects limit: limiter for physical animation of character components like Geralt's hair. Disabling this option places greater demands on the CPU.
- Ubersampling: high quality rendering mode under which whole scenes are rendered multiple times to provide the best possible textures, object details and anti-aliasing (superior to anti-alias and anisotropy even on the highest settings). Use with caution, only on top-end computers (best possible in terms of both GPU and CPU).
- Vertical sync: helps eliminate "screen tearing" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing) during camera movements and blinking on very quick animations (e.g., bright explosions), but can cause somewhat slower rendering and short input lags.
- Decals: enabling decals like dust or blood on characters can affect CPU performance.
PC Games Hardware