• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

AntiTout
Member
(05-19-2011, 09:39 PM)
AntiTout's Avatar
Sounds like an immense and maximum fail, from retail to xbla. Weird.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(05-19-2011, 09:40 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by AntiTout

Sounds like an immense and maximum fail, from retail to xbla. Weird.

I don't see your point. Are you saying people can't make money on XBLA? Also we have no details on what this game actually is. It could just be a side project.
GarthVaderUK
Member
(05-19-2011, 09:42 PM)
GarthVaderUK's Avatar

Originally Posted by AntiTout

Sounds like an immense and maximum fail, from retail to xbla. Weird.

Or it could be something like what Capcom did with Dead Rising Case Zero?

This could be released on XBLA in 2011, with Alan Wake 2 in 2012 for example.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(05-19-2011, 09:42 PM)
derFeef's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. B Natural

Dear gamers and game developers,

just because you reference something that IS good doesn't make your product good. The twilight zone homages in Alan Wake were abysmal . I love the twilight zone; therefore, when you create a homage to it that is clearly not meant to make fun of twilight zone and yet does only that, you look LESS talented, not more talented. It makes me say "Wow, rod serling was very talented and clever, you are not."

If you're gonna try to take homage to Gretzky, you better at least know how to tie your skates.

Wow, why does it stirr you up so much? I thought the episodes were great and not poking fun at them at all. Its a little distraction, meant to be amateurish and maybe funny.
randomlyrossy
Member
(05-19-2011, 09:42 PM)
randomlyrossy's Avatar

Originally Posted by NateDrake

How does an XBLA game reach people that never played Alan Wake or anything that Remedy said about this game? This is getting interesting and it better be at E3.

Say it is XBLA, couldn't the trusted source just be someone with access to PartnerNet? Assuming the game may have appeared on it.

As the story said we can't really give any specfic details but I will just say while we are still a fairly new/small site we ourselves have access to PartnerNet so that's not where this is coming from.

(In case it wasn't clear, I write for XBLAFans)
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(05-19-2011, 09:43 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by derFeef

Wow, why does it stirr you up so much? I thought the episodes were great and not poking fun at them at all. Its a little distraction, meant to be amateurish and maybe funny.

Yeah I felt the same way.
InaudibleWhispa
Member
(05-19-2011, 09:44 PM)
InaudibleWhispa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

I don't see your point. Are you saying people can't make money on XBLA? Also we have no details on what this game actually is. It could just be a side project.

It is a side project. When they announced it they said it isn't Alan Wake 2, and it's only being worked on by a slice of the team. One can assume the rest of the team are working on Alan Wake 2.
John Rabbit
Member
(05-19-2011, 09:46 PM)
John Rabbit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. B Natural

Dear gamers and game developers,

just because you reference something that IS good doesn't make your product good. The twilight zone homages in Alan Wake were abysmal . I love the twilight zone; therefore, when you create a homage to it that is clearly not meant to make fun of twilight zone and yet does only that, you look LESS talented, not more talented. It makes me say "Wow, rod serling was very talented and clever, you are not."

If you're gonna try to take homage to Gretzky, you better at least know how to tie your skates.

you do realize the episodes of night springs were supposed to be really horrible right?
Shadowlink
Member
(05-19-2011, 09:49 PM)
Shadowlink's Avatar
Even if this is an XBLA spin off, I'm still hyped! I loved Alan Wake, and it would be amazing if they announced a sequel during E3. I still regret not buying the SE.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(05-19-2011, 09:50 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by InaudibleWhispa

It is a side project. When they announced it they said it isn't Alan Wake 2, and it's only being worked on by a slice of the team. One can assume the rest of the team are working on Alan Wake 2.

Well there you have it.
alphaNoid
Banned
(05-19-2011, 09:50 PM)
alphaNoid's Avatar
Anyone not familiar with Alan Wake or what Night Springs is.. watch this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2YrcfR9mvU.

Throughout AW you encounter TV sets and you can play/watch short episodes of this Twlight Zone'esque show called Night Springs. They were all well done and very cool.
Dabanton
Member
(05-19-2011, 09:52 PM)
Dabanton's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rabbitwork

you do realize the episodes of night springs were supposed to be really horrible right?

Haha glad someone said it.

Talk about missing the point completely.
Nils
Member
(05-19-2011, 09:53 PM)
Nils's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. B Natural

Dear gamers and game developers,

just because you reference something that IS good doesn't make your product good. The twilight zone homages in Alan Wake were abysmal . I love the twilight zone; therefore, when you create a homage to it that is clearly not meant to make fun of twilight zone and yet does only that, you look LESS talented, not more talented. It makes me say "Wow, rod serling was very talented and clever, you are not."

If you're gonna try to take homage to Gretzky, you better at least know how to tie your skates.

I've seen quite a few Twilight Zone episodes and I'd say it was a great homage. One of my favorite bits in the game.
alphaNoid
Banned
(05-19-2011, 09:54 PM)
alphaNoid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nils

I've seen quite a few Twilight Zone episodes and I'd say it was a great homage. One of my favorite bits in the game.

Yep, NS was awesome.
V_Arnold
Member
(05-19-2011, 09:55 PM)
V_Arnold's Avatar

Originally Posted by KAL2006

No my complaint here was I thought 360 is getting this game and no Alan Wake 2, which before I thought 360 is getting Alan Wake 2. Obviously a full sequel is more exciting than a XBLA spin off, however one of the other posters corrected me and said Remedy is likely making Alan Wake 2 as well, so guess if the other poster is right then I retract my point.

Fun fact: XBLA Alan Wake != No Alan Wake 2 in development ;)
So really, as you said, no point in complaining. Ignore it if you want, but AW2 might or might not come regardless.
Frankfurt
Banned
(05-19-2011, 10:39 PM)
Frankfurt's Avatar
The minute the cheesy-ass actor with awfully bad dubbing said "quantum suicide" i knew I was going to love Night Springs. I just hope the hilarious narrator is back for whatever this is.
ToyMachine228
Member
(05-19-2011, 10:50 PM)
ToyMachine228's Avatar

Originally Posted by V_Arnold

Fun fact: XBLA Alan Wake != No Alan Wake 2 in development ;)
So really, as you said, no point in complaining. Ignore it if you want, but AW2 might or might not come regardless.

Pretty sure Remedy mentioned that Alan Wake 2 does exist, but it's not their next game. That this would be their next game.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(05-20-2011, 01:15 PM)
derFeef's Avatar

“We really are super excited about the next Alan Wake installment, it’s going to be awesome,” Remedy’s head of franchise Oskari Hakkinen told VG247 in a statement.

“We can’t wait to tell you more about it, but at this point in time we are keeping a lid on it until our official announcement, stay tuned.”

http://www.vg247.com/2011/05/20/reme...falls-rumours/

More or less confirmed, then.
Buckethead
Member
(05-20-2011, 01:18 PM)
Buckethead's Avatar
Not interested.
PooBone
Member
(05-20-2011, 01:20 PM)
PooBone's Avatar
This brings a breath of fresh air to my worry about the series. First I was scared it didn't sell enough and wouldn't get a sequel, then I worry that the next game is going to be a Kinect port of the original. Now the best news that could have come, a stopgap downloadable game with NEW content. :)
Kolgar
Member
(05-20-2011, 01:23 PM)
Kolgar's Avatar
Smart move. I'll reward them with my monies.
Eggman
Banned
(05-20-2011, 01:23 PM)
Eggman's Avatar
I'll be buying it but I'm still inquisitive to what it might be. I don't want it to be as bad as Dead Space: Ignition or Red Faction Battlegrounds.
PooBone
Member
(05-20-2011, 01:47 PM)
PooBone's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr Eggman

I'll be buying it but I'm still inquisitive to what it might be. I don't want it to be as bad as Dead Space: Ignition or Red Faction Battlegrounds.

A good point, but if Remedy's developing it I have faith, seeing as how both those games came from different studios than EA Redwood/Volition.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(05-31-2011, 12:02 PM)
derFeef's Avatar
Something popped up in the Alan Wake forums.
Thiy guy has done some art for an "Alan Wake game" website, maybe a promotion site for the upcoming game.

http://www.antonw.com/portfolio/castlerock-3d-render/

This 3d render was made for a website themed for the game - Alan Wake. The design work was inspired by the settings around Castle Rock in Stephen King books.

Can't rehost images, so maybe one of you guys can do that.
Spiegel
Member
(05-31-2011, 12:09 PM)
Spiegel's Avatar




Hixx
Member
(05-31-2011, 12:11 PM)
Hixx's Avatar
The images are titled 'browsergame'.

A flash game or something might pop up at E3 to go along with whatever is announced then.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(05-31-2011, 12:16 PM)
derFeef's Avatar

Originally Posted by HixxSAFC

The images are titled 'browsergame'.

A flash game or something might pop up at E3 to go along with whatever is announced then.

Yes, my thought as well. Or... it's just a fan project and not connected to remedy at all, who knows ;)

Thanks for hosting, Spiegel!
Truant
Member
(06-07-2011, 05:09 PM)
Truant's Avatar
Any news regarding this?
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(06-07-2011, 05:14 PM)
derFeef's Avatar

Originally Posted by Truant

Any news regarding this?

Nope, Remedy (except the CEO, but just because he wants to go) is not at E3.
Jtyettis
Member
(06-07-2011, 05:16 PM)

Originally Posted by derFeef

Nope, Remedy (except the CEO, but just because he wants to go) is not at E3.

Gamescon? Really wanted to see some AW this E3.
water_wendi
Water is not wet!
(06-07-2011, 05:31 PM)
water_wendi's Avatar
Castle Rock? Is Stephen King writing the story? lol
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(06-07-2011, 05:44 PM)
derFeef's Avatar

Originally Posted by water_wendi

Castle Rock? Is Stephen King writing the story? lol

The art/artist is inspired by a Stephen King story.

Originally Posted by Jtyettis

Gamescon? Really wanted to see some AW this E3.

I hope earlier, I need my AW news fix.
ToyMachine228
Member
(06-07-2011, 06:28 PM)
ToyMachine228's Avatar
I'm disappointed we haven't heard anything about this at E3. Microsoft was supposedly supposed to "serve the hardcore" with Kinect games at E3 and I expected this to at least be a morsel of one since it's rumored to use Kinect. And I enjoyed the first Alan Wake. So not seeing it sucks.
GavinGT
Member
(06-27-2011, 12:50 PM)
GavinGT's Avatar
I wonder if Night Springs is just the first Alan Wake but on rails and with Kinect suppport.

Something that lame doesn't get announced at E3.

EDIT: shit wrong Alan Wake thread.
Last edited by GavinGT; 06-27-2011 at 12:54 PM.
MMaRsu
I need some paprika. Official moneylender of the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
(06-27-2011, 01:03 PM)
MMaRsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by GavinGT

I wonder if Night Springs is just the first Alan Wake but on rails and with Kinect suppport.

Something that lame doesn't get announced at E3.

EDIT: shit wrong Alan Wake thread.

Lol that would actually never happen.

Thread Tools