• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up [Up8: Xbox Live Diamond, Kinect Disneyland]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Kafel said:
Jtyettis & Kagari >>

Yeah, well, it was the same day here in Europe if I'm not mistaken (by some italian confused website).

TheOddOne >> KS 2 and DC2 in 2012, whaaaat ? The target buys these games at the end of the year. 2011.
In hindsight, the holidays seems perfect for those games.

FrankT

Kafel said:
Jtyettis & Kagari >>

Yeah, well, it was the same day here in Europe if I'm not mistaken (by some italian confused website).

TheOddOne >> KS 2 and DC2 in 2012, whaaaat ? The target buys these games at the end of the year. 2011.

Yea they will be in the holiday window almost 100%.

Kafel

Banned
Talking about KS2, how big a London 2012 game would be ?

I mean, without Mario and Sonic of course but still with a big developer behind and Kinect fueled.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The GLaDOS thing must mean they're going to have the first look at the Portal 2 DLC at their show, right? (Nothing exclusive, just having Valve on-stage revealing the details.)

Grisby

MetatronM said:
The GLaDOS thing must mean they're going to have the first look at the Portal 2 DLC at their show, right? (Nothing exclusive, just having Valve on-stage revealing the details.)

Who knows, maybe Steamworks with be coming to Xbox for all future games.

The mystery!

alphaNoid

Banned
The GLaDOS thing is really throwing me for a loop. Valve must be on stage for something.. something to do with Portal, right?

Detox

MetatronM said:
What are the chances of Valve doing a L4D2 with Portal? What I mean by that is a quick sequel with more features. It is probably some kinect game featuring Glados maybe manipulating the area around a player or something.

FrankT

MetatronM said:

Valve isn't even supposed to be at E3 so I have my doubts anyone from Valve shows up, but likely it will be Glados just like what E3 08 on the Portal Live announcement. I highly doubt they throw Glados in there to announe multiplat DLC too.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Added another Kinect Rail Shooter to the OP. This one is official.

It's from Zombie Games, who recently made the SAW games.

I believe most of the Kinect hatred is overblown however if Microsoft think a barrage of Kinect enabled shooters is 'pleasing the hardcore', they could not be more wrong.

Arnie

Opus Angelorum said:
I believe most of the Kinect hatred is overblown however if Microsoft think a barrage of Kinect enabled shooters is 'pleasing the hardcore', they could not be more wrong.
I agree. Personally I don't see the problem with Kinect games in moderation, as they're new experiences and do their job serving the people who bought the peripheral. At the same time I don't own one and because of space issues never will, so these Kinect games fall completely flat for me.

I just hope they have a good mix of games at the show between Kinect and traditional (maybe even hybrids).

SoulPlaya

more money than God
MS is leaving it to the 3rd party multiplatform titles to please the "hardcore". I don't really mind, since all the games I want are multiplatform anyway.

_Xenon_

Banned
I know they pretty much have this console generation in the pocket so they don't have to struggle for hardcore exclusive games but ffs at least do something other than kinect family games!

Arnie

SoulPlaya said:
MS is leaving it to the 3rd party multiplatform titles to please the "hardcore". I don't really mind, since all the games I want are multiplatform anyway.
Whilst I'm interested in Gears 3 and Uncharted 3, everything else I want this year is third party too so I'm not really in the camp who feels disappointed with the potential showing, although I do like nice surprises. I think after last year Microsoft would do well to secure something specific from Valve, be it Steamworks on 360 to have parity with PS3 or some first news on DLC, in the eyes of gamers you can't do much worse than wheeling Gabe out.

clav

Dunlop said:
that would be awesome...just not for me as I picked up the PS3 version
I think it's just going to be a brief showing or blurb about it. All the platforms would be getting it at the same time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dunlop said:
that would be awesome...just not for me as I picked up the PS3 version

Valve have never done platform-exclusive DLC before, why would they start now? Not to mention they've already announced the upcoming DLC for all three platforms (PS360 and PC).

Dunlop

gotcha, thought we were talking about Kinect integration

I will day one any Portal DLC assuming PSN comes back up by then

FrankT

JaseC said:
Valve have never done platform-exclusive DLC before, why would they start now? Not to mention they've already announced the upcoming DLC for all three platforms (PS360 and PC).

Exactly they have already announced it and free for all. So that's not it. They had Glados there for the Portal Live announcement in 08 and I suspect this will be either steam related or Kinect. They wouldn't put Glados there to highlight something already announced/multiplat unless it has something to do with steam/Live or Kinect.

Grecco

They wont have Glados there unless its some sort of exclusive thing. Whether its Kinect stuff or Time Exclusive DLC or something. It wont be to just come out and just say hey heres the DLC (thats also coming to everyplace else)

clav

Grecco said:
They wont have Glados there unless its some sort of exclusive thing. Whether its Kinect stuff or Time Exclusive DLC or something. It wont be to just come out and just say hey heres the DLC (thats also coming to everyplace else)
Maybe the X360 gets the DLC first before Steam?

That's what happened to Call of Duty.

JaseC

Likely: DLC trailer
Long shot: Steamworks on the X360
Practically impossible: Valve supporting Kinect

claviertekky said:

Valve wouldn't do that. Ever. Ignoring the fact they're a developer that are first and foremost community focused and are practically the anti-Activision, there's also the matter of it making absolutely zero sense for Valve to favour Xbox Live over their own platform - Steam.

Arnie

claviertekky said:

No way bud. Valve are loyal to PC gamers first and foremost, they'd never discriminate against them with content no matter how much money was thrown their way. This is either a first trailer for DLC, Glados as an umbrella term for something Valve related like Steam or simply a misnomer.

Grecco

JaseC said:

Valve wouldn't do that. Ever.

Kinect is a hell of alot more likely than steam. Hell didnt they create exclusive stuff for the Razer Hydra?

clav

JaseC said:

Valve wouldn't do that. Ever. Ignoring the fact they're a developer that are first and foremost community focused and are practically the anti-Activision, there's also the matter of it making absolutely zero sense for Valve to favour Xbox Live over their own platform - Steam.

Jtyettis said:
Not a chance.

Arnie said:
No way bud. Valve are loyal to PC gamers first and foremost, they'd never discriminate against them with content no matter how much money was thrown their way. This is either a first trailer for DLC, Glados as an umbrella term for something Valve related like Steam or simply a misnomer.
I was thinking trailer as someone was arguing with me it has to be Kinect or Steam integration.

Basically we agree it's an announcement for Portal 2 DLC.

JaseC

Grecco said:
Kinect is a hell of alot more likely than steam.

Kinect support for Portal 2 makes zero sense. Even Gears Kinect is widely rumoured to be anything but a typical shooter and it's the X360's flagship franchise; the device simply isn't practical as a controller for such games.

FrankT

claviertekky said:
I was thinking trailer as someone was arguing with me it has to be Kinect or Steam integration.

Basically we agree it's an announcement for Portal 2 DLC.

Maybe, but it will not there without some kind of exclusive hook (or new in the case of steam) as grecco already stated well. MS isn't going to waste show time on something already announced and free for all without some kind of hook.

Arnie

Just a heads up as well for those not familiar with Halo lore, Spartans Unite seems to go against a CE remake, as during CE Master Chief is the only known living Spartan after the events of Reach (not excluding Spartan 3s).

My guess is on a Kinect enabled Halo Wars 2, a hybrid game between voice, gesture and controller, not developed by 343 as I believe they are working on a strict sequel.

clav

crimsonheadGCN said:
Spartans Unite = Age of Empires Online? The code name for it was Project Spartan.
Mmm. I'm not sure if I like the idea of taking a traditional RTS and put it on a console.

Halo Wars isn't a good example as it wasn't really like a AoE/Starcraft RTS.

It probably has to do something with Halo Wars and perhaps a sequel?

Valve allowed Razer to make their own custom levels for the Hydra. They might allow Microsoft to do something with Kinect but I'm positive it won't be Valve produced exclusive content.

TheOddOne

I'm still suprised that they gave a big chunk (or all of it?) of their conference away on a invite card. Maby I am reading too much into it, but that sounds like a full conference. On the other hand, why would they spill it all on a invite card? They are sending it to all kind of gaming journalist, so some will spill the beans eventually.

Doodis

charsace said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they launch a Halo MMO. Too much potential money not to attempt one. It could also take the Halo franchise to an even higher level if the MMO is big.
Ensemble studios was prototyping a Halo MMO for quite a while, but Microsoft killed it and then closed the studio. I wouldn't expect to see this.

clav

TheOddOne said:
I'm still suprised that they gave a big chunk (or all of it?) of their conference away on a invite card. Maby I am reading too much into it, but that sounds like a full conference. On the other hand, why would they spill it all on a invite card? They are sending it to all kind of gaming journalist, so some will spill the beans eventually.
They are Cliffnotes to the conference and serve as a reminder that the Xbox still has games.

TheOddOne

Reading a comment section at VG247 somebody mentioned something intresting: on the invite card there is a slogan "It's a revolution", it might be linked to Fable.

E3 is a magical and wondrous time for us all. The bounty of epilepsy bestows its gifts upon us like the double ended hydra of ultimate nullification. This year we once again twitch, spasm, and click our way towards corporate consumerist electronic gamorrah. The check has cleared, the hellhound has been loosed and this is the bright digital future that we have won for ourselves. The dog shall bray under the southern cross and we shall once again know that anything is possible. Hands together around our white glowing boomerangs we are the masters of our own fate. You, friend, wield the poop sock and I will take to arms with the garden hose. Phantom points will shower down all around us and we will be at once drawn in and expelled out of the world. Muted browns and greys give way to bright vibrant colors and then back to browns and greys the year after next. All energy flows according to the whims of the great meme. May we be forever eager and forever dissatisfied this year at E3.

The Wise Old Man said:
E3 is a magical and wondrous time for us all. The bounty of epilepsy bestows its gifts upon us like the double ended hydra of ultimate nullification. This year we once again twitch, spasm, and click our way towards corporate consumerist electronic gamorrah. The check has cleared, the hellhound has been loosed and this is the bright digital future that we have won for ourselves. The dog shall bray under the southern cross and we shall once again know that anything is possible. Hands together around our white glowing boomerangs we are the masters of our own fate. You, friend, wield the poop sock and I will take to arms with the garden hose. Phantom points will shower down all around us and we will be at once drawn in and expelled out of the world. Muted browns and greys give way to bright vibrant colors and then back to browns and greys the year after next. All energy flows according to the whims of the great meme. May we be forever eager and forever dissatisfied this year at E3.

old_man_with_the_grey_beard_in_the_dark_2.jpg

Opus Angelorum said:

This. Kinect is not gonna win me over.

TheOddOne said:
Reading a comment section at VG247 somebody mentioned something intresting: on the invite card there is a slogan "It's a revolution", it might be linked to Fable.

oh that makes sense i was wondering what game they were referring to.

TheOddOne

The Wise Old Man said:
academyawards5.gif

Kafel

Banned
TheOddOne said:

Once again, the stickers are not announcements. They only show the "universe" of the 360, just like the catchphrases. They've already done this, one or two years ago and maybe not even for E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom