• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV E3 June 2: 10+ Reveals (Uncharted 3 Co-Op, Soul Calibur V, TR, SSX, Dark Souls)

Shurs

I'm disappointed that the Tomb Raider trailer is going to be CG.

I'm dying to see some gameplay footage from that game.

RPGCrazied

Dedication Through Light said:
Im surprised weve had nothing on FFXIII-2 either...

Surely that game will be at E3 though, its coming out in a few months in Japan at least, and we still haven't seen one single screenshot, just a short CG teaser trailer. Info has to be coming out soon for that game.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Those Japanese and their CG, god damn those glorious Japanese and their CG!!!!

Oh shits that so awesome they are doing CG for a Western game like Tomb Raider. Mega hypes

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
~Kinggi~ said:
Those Japanese and their CG, god damn those glorious Japanese and their CG!!!!

Oh shits that so awesome they are doing CG for a Western game like Tomb Raider. Mega hypes

They also did the Deus Ex 3 one to the tune of around 2 million dollars.

My guess is XIII-2 will show up in some form during the Sony Conference. I assume Nomura /Wada will show up to talk about NGP projects, and will show off the next console game as well.

I would say it'll feature at Microsofts, but I get the sense that after the lower sales / bad port job of the last game, they won't be trying to make such a big deal out of the next game and will be focusing on Kinect instead.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Appollowexx said:
My guess is XIII-2 will show up in some form during the Sony Conference. I assume Nomura /Wada will show up to talk about NGP projects, and will show off the next console game as well.

I would say it'll feature at Microsofts, but I get the sense that after the lower sales / bad port job of the last game, they won't be trying to make such a big deal out of the next game and will be focusing on Kinect instead.

I'd also add that Sony/S-E have been promoting the game on their blog and MS hasn't said a word on it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Seda said:
il9ye.jpg

Wow, is that for Cafe?

Grisby

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I can't wait until that becomes gameplay. May have to wait a few generations.

Faster then we think right? Yeah, it'll be a bit but man, that would be insane if we got there. Think of how much money it would cost to try and make a game like that.

*Also, what ^^^ I can't see Elena in that pic.

JCreasy

jett said:
LOL seriously? Versus isn't going to be at E3? Just pack your shit up and close your doors, Squeenix.

Seriously! My patience is pretty much at an end. We're about play UNCHARTED 3 IN A FEW MONTHS and they can't finish this ONE game they announced back in 2006!

It's 2011!

And really, can anyone say that the gameplay in that trailer looks better than Uncharted 3? I mean maybe if I saw something on the level of Battlefield 3 PC graphics being tuned for the PS3, I could forgive such a long development period. But that seriously looks like an EARLY 06 07 PS3 game. Not impressed.

My hype has completely deflated for this game.

Vespene

I think Square is gonna be pushing it's western developed games and leaving the RPGs for a more Japanese centered event. Expect a lot of Tomb Raider and Batman, and passing mention of a Final Fantasy game. Their reputation was heavily tarnished on the Sony press conference when they showed off FFXIV.

MuseManMike said:
What do you mean? Is there some deal going on?

Lara's name is on their E3 invite. They also cut a deal for exclusive Underworld DLC and timed exclusivity of GoL and its DLC. So i'd say that some sort of deal for this is also expected.

jbttwin

Does SE/Eidos even have anything to do with Batman anymore? I know Eidos published Arkham Asylum but I thought that shifted totally to Warner with this sequel.

rdrr gnr

SolidSnakex said:
Lara's name is on their E3 invite. They also cut a deal for exclusive Underworld DLC and timed exclusivity of GoL and its DLC. So i'd say that some sort of deal for this is also expected.
That would make sense then. I didn't play Underworld and GoL until earlier this year so I wasn't even aware of the DLC exclusivity. I guess Microsoft will do their third party support thing and try to sell Lara on 360 as an answer to Uncharted. Am hype.
jbttwin said:
Does SE/Eidos even have anything to do with Batman anymore? I know Eidos published Arkham Asylum but I thought that shifted totally to Warner with this sequel.
Correct.

jbttwin

OH yeah that invite ordeal. Yeah it just looks like they're trying to counter Sony's conference with Uncharted and do a stage demo of TR. As long as I get Tomb Raider on my PS3 I'm fine.

MuseManMike said:
That would make sense then. I didn't play Underworld and GoL until earlier this year so I wasn't even aware of the DLC exclusivity. I guess Microsoft will do their third party support thing and try to sell Lara on 360 as an answer to Uncharted. Am hype.

There will probably be more of that than normal this E3. It's almost certain that Sony/EA will use BF3 to counter MS/Activision and CoD. I also kind of expect Sony to get behind NFS: The Run since they don't have a racing game for the rest of this year.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
GT Vespene said:
I think Square is gonna be pushing it's western developed games and leaving the RPGs for a more Japanese centered event. Expect a lot of Tomb Raider and Batman, and passing mention of a Final Fantasy game. Their reputation was heavily tarnished on the Sony press conference when they showed off FFXIV.

Why was it tarnished then? People really only hated FFXIV after it came out half-baked.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Kagari said:
I haven't seen this yet and my body has been for this game since day 1.

The gameplay lighting underwhelms me next to that amazing CG.
hKhC9.png

rWl9r.png

lWb9X.png

V4pFJ.png

I wish the gameplay lighting could be that good. Lower textures and detail from the CG is fine. Excellent lighting can do wonders. Especially on the weapons.

I have no doubt I'll love the game, big Kingdom Hearts fan.

GT Vespene said:

Gonna be terrible if they try to lightly go over Type 0, it needs all the press it can get...if they have any intention of bringing out the last killer app for the PSP before the dawn of the NGP.

Dedication Through Light said:
Gonna be terrible if they try to lightly go over Type 0, it needs all the press it can get...if they have any intention of bringing out the last killer app for the PSP before the dawn of the NGP.

That needs to be announced as a PSP remaster if they want it to get any real attention in the US.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kasumi1970 said:
MS has it in there mart-kit place for video

What I meant was none of their community people went out of their way to promote it, like they did originally with FFXIII.

jett said:
LOL seriously? Versus isn't going to be at E3? Just pack your shit up and close your doors, Squeenix.
TGS is usually around two months after E3. I pretty much knew versus wouldn't be shown at E3. Too many heavy hitters there for poor ol FF to drown in. I'll bring my pitchforks when it's a no show at TGS.

Top Bottom