• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Gameplay Detail Rumors

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Salts, grains lock if old and all that good stuff

http://boards.ign.com/devil_may_cry/b5258/201587421/p1

-Apparently, the demo has been "finished" for a while now, since back in February at least. Capcom employees have played it and say that it feels just like other DMC games, although no one can vouch for their level of DMC expertise. The reason NT hasn't revealed anything yet is apparently because they were only four months into development when they announced the game, and obviously the fan backlash has made them wary of showing anything that isn't polished to absolute brilliance.

-The leak believes he/she knows why they went with UE3 instead of MT Framework. He/She says it was because MT Framework is usually handled by a small team and is written in Japanese, and it was just better for NT to use an engine they had worked with before.

-As for the demo itself, the leak says that NT apparently has not dumbed down the difficulty, and that it has a fairly steep learning curve like past DMC games. Also, the combat appears very, very fluid (no comparisons given here), and appears to be running at a locked 30 fps. Of course, we don't know if that will hold with tons of enemies on screen.

-Leak says that the "highlight" of the demo, or possibly game, is Dino's morphing weapon shown in the trailer. No word on how it works but apparently it looks awesome.

-It is confirmed that NT has added a cooldown period to firearms so they can't be spammed like in the past games. I don't know if this is good or bad.

-He/She confirmed that Dino's look hasn't changed, although they only played the demo and they admit they know nothing about the story. So I don't think this is a confirmation of anything except NT not caving to the demands of fans and changing the base design.

-Overall, they say that the gameplay is pretty solid for the build that they played. Again, they know nothing of the story, and they don't particularly like anything else about the game, but that's how it is. Gameplay enthusiasts should be happy.

V_Ben

Banned
...I pray that the locked 30FPS isn't true. They did say on their twitter that they were trying for a 60FPS game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
and appears to be running at a locked 30 fps.
Hahahaha, this game can't possibly turn out any worse.
NT has added a cooldown period to firearms so they can't be spammed like in the past games
HAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHA, OH... NEVERMIND.

and appears to be running at a locked 30 fps.

-It is confirmed that NT has added a cooldown period to firearms so they can't be spammed like in the past games.

Xer4v.png

I am not sure if "The game is actually great but we're hiding it because of the evil fans" makes it more believable or less believable considering Ninja Theory's interviews where everything is the fanbase's fault.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gunloc said:
gnq6R.jpg

Of course!

I still have faith though... I really do.

Azure J

Dino?

30FPS?

COOLDOWN ON FIREARMS?!

These guys seriously don't know why this series is the series it is do they... :'(

This game is going to be ass. Cool down on firearms? Come on!! Locked 30fps? >_>

I'm looking forward to the DMC HD remakes, bring it Capcom!!!

Azure J

Ridley327 said:
Dante in name only. It's the same treatment Godzilla fans gave to the American incarnation when they refer to it as Gino.

Oh holy shit. :lol

This makes perfect sense. This is also going to be the Old Sonic/New Sonic of the new ages isn't it? :(

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
30 fps? They must be going for the visual appeal like God of War.

Ridley327 said:
Dante in name only. It's the same treatment Godzilla fans gave to the American incarnation when they refer to it as Gino.
I see.

If Capcom does intend on retconning Methy McGee into the real Dante, there will be no end to the fan fury.

-It is confirmed that NT has added a cooldown period to firearms so they can't be spammed like in the past games.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Oh well, at least DMC1/DMC3 HD are (supposedly) coming, so there's always that.

Tucah

you speak so well
Locked 30 FPS?

FUCKING GUN COOLDOWNS?

I don't even care about DMC as much as many others on here and this sounds like shit.

Yoshichan

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Oh well, at least DMC1/DMC3 HD are coming, so there's always that.
Huh? Is this confirmed?

Shapingo

The only DMC that you can spams the guns is DMC 2 and we all know how that went. They were pea shooters in the other games.

I hope they didn't make the guns more powerful and counter balance that will a cool down period.

Alrus

This will turn out to be a Other M kind of disaster in term of fan backlash. For a game that has extremely fan driven sales, it's not looking good.

Yoshichan

~Devil Trigger~ said:
The party's not crazy anymore lol
Let's stop rocking... :(

Riposte

Not ready to believe it. It is too easy to imagine how bad this game will turn out, I need to see it with my eyes.

The cooldown thing is whatever (albeit REALLY retarded), but I'm still pissed about them using UE3. Capcom not allowing them to use MT Framework is all kinds of stupid, especially if they got Japanese people over at NT helping. It would probably fix the FPS issue right away.

jett

D-Member
Today I got Bayonetta for PS3. Awesome game, I'll probably make a LTTP thread when I'm finished, but the framerate is horrible for this genre. Poor man's Bayonetta has confirmed for me that these crazy action games NEED to run at 60fps. A DMC game that is locked at 30fps is a complete failure.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Ridley327 said:
Ah, okay thought I missed something between now and last E3's reveal.

Yoshichan

nevermind...

Yoshichan

Hey guys, I wonder what Brea/Kail thinks of these changes :D :D :D

:(

Top Bottom