• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokédex 3D announced for eShop (Free). Gotta 3D 'em all!

Roto13

There needs to be a YouTube video or something that cylces through all of the AR markers so I can scan/take pictures of them all.

BooJoh

I just got what I assume will be my last 3 over SpotPass. I've gotten 3 every time I got them, and only missed them when I forgot to pick them up that day. I'm at 151/151 on stickers, and I had all the AR markers scanned since a day or two after it came out.

The remaining Pokemon I don't have, which I assume I won't get over SpotPass, are:
Pansage
Simisage
Pansear
Simisear
Male Unfeazant
Spring, Summer, and Fall Deerling
Spring, Summer, and Fall Sawsbuck
Female Frillish
Female Jellicent

BooJoh said:
I just got what I assume will be my last 3 over SpotPass. I've gotten 3 every time I got them, and only missed them when I forgot to pick them up that day. I'm at 151/151 on stickers, and I had all the AR markers scanned since a day or two after it came out.

The remaining Pokemon I don't have, which I assume I won't get over SpotPass, are:
Pansage
Simisage
Pansear
Simisear
Male Unfeazant
Spring, Summer, and Fall Deerling
Spring, Summer, and Fall Sawsbuck
Female Frillish
Female Jellicent

I heard that after 151 you have to trade for the rest. I'm at 149 right now. It sucks cause I don't even know what Pokemon I'm missing as I don't play Pokemon =P

What Pokemon each person gets is different. I have the Sping Sawsbuck, for one.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Still getting SpotPass downloads. Gigalith's animation is terrible! is it meant to look half-finished like that?

Poyunch

9nI8X.jpg

Finally I have Lillipup.

Oh and <3 <3 <3
aaQfi.jpg

Effect

Count me in as another one that hasn't gotten an update in a few days. Currently have 102 or 103. Before this was I getting three a day.

thomaser

SovanJedi said:
Still getting SpotPass downloads. Gigalith's animation is terrible! is it meant to look half-finished like that?

All the animations were done by one guy, so I bet some of them were done in a hurry.

Taichu

I think I reached the limit as well.

The only ones I don't have are Simisage, Pansage, Simipour, Panpour (since I got Simisear and Pansear), 3 missing forms of Deerling/Sawsbuck, female Jellicent/Frillish, female Unpheazant, and the legendaries that aren't available yet. Apart from the legendaries, it would make sense that I should trade to get those different forms.

Kinda lame since I haven't even had a street pass experience yet, much less someone to trade Pokedex forms with.

Neiteio

Gigalith never looked like the most flexible Pokemon, so the animation makes sense. What doesn't make sense is how flat his textures look. I always had the impression from the Sugimori art that the red stone on Gigalith was crystalized, in keeping with the "pressurized" nature of the Pokemon. Yet the red stone is completely opaque, absorbing light rather than refracting it. Ah well. :-\

Durant is probably one of the sexiest models. Can't get enough of him. Chandelure, Haxorus and Zoroark are other faves. Also like the fur coating and wing texture on Volcarona. The 3D models also make the seemingly copy/pasta Raijin trio look wonderful. Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus all seem distinct from one another when rendered in sexy smexy polygons. I dig their animations, too. No idea which is my favorite.

Javier

And today I got the last Pokemon from Spotpass. All I have left is the Grass/Water monkeys, Male Frillish/Jillicent, and Spring/Summer/Fall Deerling and their evos. Guess I'll have to wait until we do another meeting.

Last one I got was Sawk, BTW.

mr_chun

Managed to get all of them except for the trade-with-friends exclusives. I stopped receiving them via SpotPass around 120ish, but scanning the AR markers got me the rest of them.

Roto13

If someone manages to complete their Pokedex, if they upload their save, would the rest of us be able to use it?

Peagles

Mine stopped weeks ago, I'm sad :(

I even tried scanning some to no avail.

For those who scanned and got it working again, did you scan them all? Or just a few? I'd really like to complete my 'dex.

Roto13

Mine started working again after I scanned all of them. You can't get more than 151 without trading for the alternate forms of certain Pokemon.

After not having received any in weeks, I randomly got 3 today. The strange thing is, I didn't see a Spotpass dot on the icon this morning, but when I got home and checked just now, I had a blue dot.

Busaiku

Hurray, I started getting Pokemon again.
I scanned all the AR Markers yesterday, but didn't get them yesterday, but I suddenly got some today.

Madao

i got to 149 too and the usual suspects are missing.
it's going to be stuck like that for a long time since i don't know anyone else with a 3DS.
btw, how did some people get to 151? did you guys get some of the alternate pokes from spotpass?

Mik2121

Is there some way to get Pokemans faster than 1/2 a day? I got the 3DS just today (first day since the new price) and starting with 16 and 1 or 2 a day sounds like it would take forever :p

OMG Aero

Mik2121 said:
Is there some way to get Pokemans faster than 1/2 a day? I got the 3DS just today (first day since the new price) and starting with 16 and 1 or 2 a day sounds like it would take forever :p
The max you can get a day is 3.

Chopper

Hooray. Finally got the last Spotpass delivering the final poké-maaan (Alomomola) taking me to 151.

Now, does anyone want to come to my pub in The South of England to trade me the missing Deerling forms etc? You'd genuinely get at least one pint on the house!

It really sucks that there is no Streetpass function in this app. Seems daft. Also, now that people are finishing up, it's about time they updated it...

fernoca

Well, there's an update for this (by going to the setting an choosing 'update')...

Notes:
  • There's now a pause button on each Pokemon's main screen which you can normally unlock when you receive each individual species from a friend.
  • The musical note in AR Viewer which is normally unlocked when you have 30 stickers in your sticker book is available.
  • Then there's the SD Card Background Feature which is unlocked when you have 50 stickers in your sticker book.
  • Then there's three more AR Viewer features. Real Size Button in AR Viewer would normally be unlocked when you have 100 stickers in your sticker book. Same goes for Scale Slider.
  • You'd normally need 150 stickers to unlock the Stopwatch in AR Viewer but that is also available for everyone now.

Chopper

fernoca said:
Well, there's an update for this (by going to the setting an choosing 'update')...

Notes:
  • There's now a pause button on each Pokemon's main screen which you can normally unlock when you receive each individual species from a friend.
  • The musical note in AR Viewer which is normally unlocked when you have 30 stickers in your sticker book is available.
  • Then there's the SD Card Background Feature which is unlocked when you have 50 stickers in your sticker book.
  • Then there's three more AR Viewer features. Real Size Button in AR Viewer would normally be unlocked when you have 100 stickers in your sticker book. Same goes for Scale Slider.
  • You'd normally need 150 stickers to unlock the Stopwatch in AR Viewer but that is also available for everyone now.
That is not the update I was waiting for. :\

OMG Aero

While they are unlocking features for people who haven't unlocked them yet, they could at least allow you to get the Pokemon you can't without trading.

I've been stuck at 99 pokemon. I used to get a new spotpass pokemon each day but I haven't gotten a new one in on over a month. any ideas as to why this is?

Can I just say cycling through the full page of markers is like the coolest thing ever. Just seeing pokemon pop up and appear over them is really awesome. Is there a reason a large number of them were detected but didn't reveal the pokemon? I simply see their shadows and it says "Unknown Pokemon found"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can I just say cycling through the full page of markers is like the coolest thing ever. Just seeing pokemon pop up and appear over them is really awesome. Is there a reason a large number of them were detected but didn't reveal the pokemon? I simply see their shadows and it says "Unknown Pokemon found"

Even if you have the AR code you still need to receive it from Nintendo. Only a couple of rare Pokemon are obtained through AR.

Hmm, that's weird. I got a ton of them just by scanning the codes. I only had 3/4 before and after scanning have 25 AR stickers

hirokazu

Uh, I stopped getting new Pokémon via SpotPass about 3 days ago. WTF??

I'm at 103. Curious, do they only hand out 99 via SpotPass or something? That'd explain why the other guy stopped getting them earlier. Way to ruin the fun, Nintendo...

^
They seem to stop sending you Pokemon once you've got about 100 or so, unless you've scanned the AR codes. Then once you get to 151, you have to trade for the one with Formes or seasonal variations.

Top Bottom