• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you Laugh | Mid 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

whitehawk said:
What makes it funnier is that it's real lol. Look up Larry Gooseman, his profile is public.

Pleeeeeeeeeease tell me he's a joke character. I refuse to believe there are people like that.

ToxicAdam

6a00d83451c45669e20153924c0a73970b-550wi

Gif-rope-skipping.gif

G.O.O.

I don't really get why the "find three words" game was posted in the first place. It's not even a joke... also, NO.ONE.CARES.ABOUT.YOUR.ANSWER.FOR.CHRIST.SAKE. z':gvf'"vniovqloc

I don't know which is worse, between this and posting to complain about unfunny pictures without giving a pic. :mad:

cm7NO.jpg

eso76

mac said:
Kirk Cameron's 41st birthday.

incredibly-depressing-picture-of-kirk-cameron-cel-16514-1318597194-1_jpg_627x1000_q85.jpg

Personal quote: "The Hollywood lifestyle was just overwhelming. A party here, an interview there, magazine and modeling shoots daily, your face everywhere and girls throwing themselves at you. As great as it felt at the time, I still felt something missing, and that I needed to change."

Could never stand the guy but the pic is depressing.

FoxSpirit

eso76 said:
Personal quote: "The Hollywood lifestyle was just overwhelming. A party here, an interview there, magazine and modeling shoots daily, your face everywhere and girls throwing themselves at you. As great as it felt at the time, I still felt something missing, and that I needed to change."

Could never stand the guy but the pic is depressing.
Can anybody please tell me what's so depressing? It's a birthday celebration in the office, things rarely get more stately than this.

Desiato said:
So what's so sad about the Kirk Cameron pic? Checking out his wiki page doesn't really tell me anything.
That his birthday only has 1 person there, a pathetic cake, and subway for like 4 people I guess? Mostly that gaf hates him.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I don't see what's so bad about Kirk Cameron, I mean Growing Pains was an okay show. That pic is sad though. If it was just a cake you could play it off like that was just something they did for him at the office and he was leaving to some other party. But the fact they have a bunch of Subway laid out on the table tells the real story.

Desiato said:
So what's so sad about the Kirk Cameron pic? Checking out his wiki page doesn't really tell me anything.
1. Whoever set up the meal couldn't even bother to unwrap them, from the Subway packages.
2. The women look like they want to die.
3. The number of people around to see the cake cut are -2 depressed woman -Cameron himself and the camera operator, a grand total of four.

sykoex said:
I don't see what's so bad about Kirk Cameron, I mean Growing Pains was an okay show. That pic is sad though. If it was just a cake you could play it off like that was just something they did for him at the office and he was leaving to some other party. But the fact they have a bunch of Subway laid out on the table tells the real story.

He's a Christian, so GAF hates him.

NewFresh

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
3. The number of people around to see the cake cut are -2 depressed woman -Cameron himself and the camera operator, a grand total of four.

They could have used a tripod and the camera timer. That makes it only 3 + a tripod

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
EmmanuelMunoz said:
They could have used a tripod and the camera timer. That makes it only 3 + a tripod

The thought of someone using a tripod and timer to capture that makes it even sadder.

AceBandage said:
I won't deny that, but I doubt that would matter much.
I mean, after the Left Behind movies, he was pretty much doomed by GAF's standards.

He also couldn't handle being an actor for a character who didn't fully embody his own beliefs. That's not a very good actor...

Opiate

AceBandage said:
I won't deny that, but I doubt that would matter much.
I mean, after the Left Behind movies, he was pretty much doomed by GAF's standards.

I can't speak for all GAFfers obviously, but I can say that I have no problem with the religiously devout as long as they don't step in to the realm of science.

You can believe in whatever you want, as long as your claims are ethereal, or spiritual, or abstract. As soon as you step foot in the realm of the empirical -- making claims which can be verified or refuted by scientific inquiry -- then you're fair game. And yes, people who refute empirical facts because they find those facts philosophically displeasing or uncomfortable bother me.

FoxSpirit

Opiate said:
I can't speak for all GAFfers obviously, but I can say that I have no problem with the religiously devout as long as they don't step in to the realm of science.

You can believe in whatever you want, as long as your claims are ethereal, or spiritual, or abstract. As soon as you step foot in the realm of the empirical -- making claims which can be verified or refuted by scientific inquiry -- then you're fair game. And yes, people who refute empirical facts because they find those facts philosophically displeasing or uncomfortable bother me.
Opiate
Depressingly Realistic
(Today, 05:43 PM)

Sorry, had to do that. :p

And lo, I'm down with empirical facts big time. But even I have one thing in my life which I'd like to be a more serious object of scientific research. Yeah, Chinese stuff. I know it's real and it bugs me that so far there hasn't been any good research.
Then again, looking at the 2011 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, I think chances are baaaad. Look at Shechtman's story, his evidence was solid as a rock and he was ridiculed to hell and back for years.

If anything, a great deal scietist are very faithful in the current state of research. And I mean with quasi-religious zeal. Very unbefitting their role in society.

mingus

Enosh said:
I wonder, if he explains it in a reasonable way, would it actually be considered as a right answer?

edit:
^
|
how the fuck doesn't the English teacher know?
Ha well to be fair, the "pro-" here is a prefix, the only cases of "noob" being a prefix that I can think of are noobhorde, noobtastic...I don't think those count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom