• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] More retailer listings appear! (Mario Cafe(?), GTAV, RE6, Rayman/DMC PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
You explained why this isn't a problem: Skyward Sword. They're releasing a new Zelda for Wii in the twilight years of the system. It actually makes more sense to release a NSMBW2. Think of it this way: Zelda = Hardcore and Mario = Casual. Who will buy Nintendo's new system first, the hardcore or the casuals? The hardcore, of course; they're the early adopters. Which means the casuals will still be left to buy Mario for the better-known, lesser-priced Wii. If anything, Zelda is getting screwed in this situation.

I think Zelda has the dilemma that it was developed entirely around the wiimote being swung aroung. This development concentration may be antithesis for the Twilight Princess blueprint where Nintendo could easily have done a dual release again for Cafe. Zelda is being screwed over likely. Absolutely. But I don't think Nintendo has a choice with the "cafe" controller having different emphasis.

Now with NSMB. We have a different story. The controller looks like it was designed with this type of game in mind. Its a giant HD Nintendo 3DS controller after all supposedly. If Zelda could have been ported to Cafe's controller it would have! I'm sure. NSMB has no excuse. So if theoretically the game was being developed for Wii, it would have to make the jump to Cafe alongside Pikmin. Heck. Pikmin and NSMB are even by the same section (Group 4).

Nemesis_

Majukun said:
i can print a more beliavable list in 5 minutes
Okay then. This came from a retailer. The list is not fake. I honestly don't think they'd put these up unless they knew something. I know it's nothing, but THOR and Captain America 3DS were put up by them pretty early on too, and this was before SEGA ever issued an announcement for them. They also managed to spoil the line up for the 3DS here before they were officially announced too.

revolverjgw said:
The PS3 list stops right before any mention of a Syphon Filter :_-(

Give me page 3

Caramello

Chris1964 said:
Paper Mario isn't this year and Mario 3DS isn't comparable to Mario Bros. If you think Nintendo will leave Wii dead almost a year you are wrong.

I said early next year for Paper Mario.

Nintendo have Zelda, Wii Play: Motion, Kirby and a few localizations coming for Wii, they're certainly not leaving it dead, where exactly did I say I thought that? I just don't see how a sequel to NSMBWii would be a good idea on Wii.

- It won't sell systems

- The original is still selling extremely well so they'd lose potential sales there

- They'd be using up resources when they really need to be focusing on ensuring the 3DS doesn't stall going into 2012 and that their Next Gen system has strong first party support at launch

- They'd be diminishing the value of the launch of a new Mario title people aren't going to be saying 'Look! a new Mario!' if they release them too frequently

Caj814

Dahbomb said:
DmC coming for PC?

Superior version confirmed. 60+ FPS and modded Dante look.
Do you really want the authentic dante acting like a skinny coke addict with mental issues?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Caramello said:
I said early next year for Paper Mario.

Nintendo have Zelda, Wii Play: Motion, Kirby and a few localizations coming for Wii, they're certainly not leaving it dead, where exactly did I say I thought that? I just don't see how a sequel to NSMBWii would be a good idea on Wii.

- It won't sell systems

- The original is still selling extremely well so they'd lose potential sales there

- They'd be using up resources when they really need to be focusing on ensuring the 3DS doesn't stall going into 2012 and that their Next Gen system has strong first party support at launch

- They'd be diminishing the value of the launch of a new Mario title people aren't going to be saying 'Look! a new Mario!' if they release them too frequently
None of these titles can drive Wii hardware in 2012, that's when Wii will be dead.

- It will sell systems

- Extremely well isn't accurate. It was bundled with Wii and the numbers are inflated. It's not what it used to be and a new entry will help its sales in the beginning, not the opposite.

- Right now Mario brand is very far from saturation even if there was a new main entry every year.

The important question remains: How will Nintendo meet Wii 2011 hardware and software targets without the huge title?

ombz

NSMB Cafe would be perfect to show off the controller. If one of the characters runs off the main screen they player could just look at his controller.

Chuck

Still without luck
So, if this list is accurate and real, we should be hearing about Agent and GTA V very soon. That's strange, especially with the unnanounced GTA V, considering they're both Rockstar North projects.

God of War 4 remains very weird and very uninteresting to me.

Also, Resident Evil 6? Hell yeah.

I'm inclined to think -- if this is real -- that "SUPER MARIO WII 2" is "SUPER MARIO" for the "WII 2" and the date 31/12/11 is a misprint that's meant to be 31/12/12.

French

Banned
ChuckNoLuck said:
So, if this list is accurate and real, we should be hearing about Agent and GTA V very soon. That's strange, especially with the unnanounced GTA V, considering they're both Rockstar North projects.

God of War 4 remains very weird and very uninteresting to me.

Also, Resident Evil 6? Hell yeah.

Maybe Agent was moved to an other R* studio.

Nemesis556 said:
Read back. I mentioned that Nintendo Australia are really not that liberal with details of their releases.

Which is another reason that a new Mario game being on there is weird.
I think it's just a guess on their part (because let's face it, a new Mario game is coming eventually).

legacyzero said:
Worst part is, lists like this get me so hyped. Now I'm worried that some of this stuff WONT be announced IE GTAV
GTA V won't be announced until fall at the earliest.

I'd put $ on it.

where is the confirmation that this list is real..?

Seems pretty predictable though...no shockers in there at all

Hopefully RE6 and GTAV actually innovate this time around, otherwise I am finished with these series...

Agent and GoW4 of the unnanounced interest me the most

Big One

Banned
The list is probably real but it's missing a lot. Release dates on these things are never right, even relative to the month, and there is always tons of missing games till it's close to their retail release. I wouldn't count on this as confirmations that stuff like TLS isn't coming to America

Dennis

Banned
Buckethead said:
GTA V won't be announced until fall at the earliest.

I'd put $ on it.
Why?

Why not at E3? Steal the show. What are higher profile games?

Its about due for a Rockstar game annoucement I think.

Fake or really inaccurate.

Capcom said we shouldn't expect any big announcements at E3, and we know how Konami likes to tease everything.

Anth0ny

1) Drop Wii to $99
2) Release NSMB Wii 2
3) ???
4)

2vbs9wz.gif

antonz

As far back as when the first Cafe leak hit GTAV was mentioned alongside it as a launch title. If GTAV is announced kinda expect it at the Nintendo conference

nelsonroyale said:
why would the Agency be on there? It was cancelled..

Probably the same reason as Gotham Impostors, never got removed from the database. Nemesis556 might know better though.

HixxSAFC said:
I bet neither GTAV or RE6 are announced/revealed at E3. I'd be uber shocked if RE6 was, at least.

I wouldn't be shocked if both of them appeared at Nintendo's conference in some form.
Impressed, maybe.

TreIII

Really want to see that Mario Cafe release. Another "New SMB" game, or something like it, would be to my delight, especially since it seems the Galaxy team is making that new 3DS Mario game.

secondratesaint

Neo Member
Don't know if its much help, but adding a bit of fuel to original poster's fire, GameStop has listings in the preorder section of the point of sale computers for 4 different 'Available SKU's on the PS3 and 360, 1 on the Wii, and then 1 on the 3DS. Don't remember any on the PC, though, but I could be mistaken.

Not much to go on, but...

edit: These were added today.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Big One said:
The list is probably real but it's missing a lot. Release dates on these things are never right, even relative to the month, and there is always tons of missing games till it's close to their retail release. I wouldn't count on this as confirmations that stuff like TLS isn't coming to America

Well it's not an American release list to begin with :p

Ushojax said:
Could we see a NSMB Wii 2? Would be a good way to boost the Wii.

Could be, NSMB 3DS is already confirmed so it makes sense that they'd make a Wii counterpart like they did for the first game.

Hey You

I'm seriously doubting we will be hearing about GTA (I hope I'm wrong), but we've been hearing so many rumors lately.

Hey You said:
I'm seriously doubting we will be hearing about GTA (I hope I'm wrong), but we've been hearing so many rumors lately.

It'll probably be announced at E3 if it's coming out next year. But I wouldn't expect much more than the platforms that it's releasing on and a logo.

Nemesis_

Graphics Horse said:
Probably the same reason as Gotham Impostors, never got removed from the database. Nemesis556 might know better though.

I asked the person who sent me these lists, they claim that it's been on the list for a while. It's probably just not been removed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hey You said:
Rockstar has put out a Summer release every year for the past few. It's either this or Bully 2. I'm happy with either

neptunes

Rockstar North has never had a huge presence at any e3, not out in the open anyway. (they've always had private, behind closed doors demonstrations) I don't even think they've debuted a trailer at e3. They've always did their own thing at their own time.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Truth101 said:
So because a series has one bad game they shouldn't make anymore?

I hope it is more in lines with Resident Evil Revealtions

No, needs to be more in line with RE2. Two alternate stories, 4 different endings. DO EET!

zoner said:
Rockstar has put out a Summer release every year for the past few. It's either this or Bully 2. I'm happy with either

Whose summer though? We just had LA Noire, Max Payne 3 is next year and supposedly Agent in 2013(?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom