• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA announces Devil Survivor 2 (DS, 2012) and KoF XIII (PS3/360, Oct 25 2011)

devilsurvivor2_faithful_announce_1.jpg

kofxiii_faithful_announcement.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hmmm, if KoF XIII is pubbed by Atlus... I expect some insanely awesome preorder / LE items! And GGPO! -ahem- Didn't they publish MS7 or something on PSP? So not unheard of... will be interested in seeing if this news develops.

Discotheque said:
King of Fighters? :O, I didn't lke the last game much though.

This is much better than the last game, though! SNKP made strong strides and bounds between the 2 games, so, if it helps, just forget XII exist, since XIII completly overwrites it.

GhaleonQ

Gosh, I wish Atlus would have been there for S.N.K. during the Playstation 2 generation. Their classic compilations demanded attention and completion (AT LEAST COMPLETION) from someone better than Ignition.

Ah, well. I hope this works out for all parties.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Fersis will be ecstatic.

Edit: Hmm... No 360 version for KoFXIII?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Siliconera seems to be confirming the Devil Survivor 2 portion of the leak:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/0...r-2-keeps-nintendo-ds-alive-in-north-america/

The invaders are coming to Japan in July and next year in North America.

Think this means they got a press release? Does it mean XIII is also true? Are both to be revealed today? Or are they just blowing smoke up, incase the "leak" is true?

Guess we'll know soon!

Edit: WOW, very soon about the DS2 part, lol. Within minutes! Now can KoF XIII confirm itself this fast, too?

Well it's about damn time! Please have good online play.

I'm excited about DS2 as well. Sequel to the best portable RPG ever fuck yeh

Grzi

Wow, really didn't expect KOFXIII, but I'm very happy.
Plus, it's Atlus, so there should be awesome extra content.
I'm kinda hoping for more characters.

Tizoc

If Atlus are releasing KoF XIII (aka K' of XIII), I hope to high heaven that they're the ones to translate the game.

zlatko

Banned
Somewhere in Argentina Fersis is master bating super hard right now to the Atlus logo.

I'm pumped for KoF13 finally being official to a console release, and if anyone is going to do it justice it'd be Atlus.

My K', King, and Joe will be mopping up scrubs online soon enough. :D

Lain

Really happy about DS2, don't give a crap about KOF (but nice for anyone who's interested in it!).

duckroll

2012 seems a little late for a DS title. The game is due in Japan in July, and releasing in 2012 means there will be at least a 6 month gap. Hmmm... last minute decision?

Aeana

duckroll said:
2012 seems a little late for a DS title. The game is due in Japan in July, and releasing in 2012 means there will be at least a 6 month gap. Hmmm... last minute decision?
6 month gap is standard.

Tizoc said:
If Atlus are releasing KoF XIII (aka K' of XIII), I hope to high heaven that they're the ones to translate the game.

?

Do you mean menus and stuff like that? Because win quotes and other text already have English versions.

vall03

come to think of it, second half of 2011 is very busy for Atlus, Overclocked and P2P still dont have release dates along with their other games, so I guess 2012 is a given

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Holy Order Sol said:
?

Do you mean menus and stuff like that? Because win quotes and other text already have English versions.

Perhaps he means additional localization (like paying for the voice cast, or touching up on the overly-engrish parts.)

I'd hope Atlus would interfere as little as possible with the writing, so that it can have the SNK charm that their games have had for years. And if they DID mess with the translation, keep the pure SNK translation as an option, for those of us who'd prefer it. Not like it isn't already made...

Jamieson Price as Maxima US VA, please! :lol:

Aeana

duckroll said:
Isn't the standard more like 5 months for most titles.
Some games have been 5 months, like EO3 and Devil Survivor 1. Persona 3 was 11 months, Raidou 1 was 7, Raidou 2 was 7, Persona 3 Portable was 8 months...

Top Bottom