• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA's Wii release list: no sign of Xenoblade or The Last Story

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
0 HP said:
the last story is supposed to be sakaguchi's last game too. this is fucked.

I'm in full rage mode now. These were the only two games I was looking foward too. Now I'll need to reconsider Wii U if NoA will not properly support it like they apparently won't do with their current system.

creid

schuelma said:
No seriously fuck you NOA.

Absolutely ridiculous.

BocoDragon said:
I hate you Reggie. I hate you.

RurouniZel said:
Fuck you Nintendo America.

M-PG71C said:
Damnit NOA, you guys just plain suck balls. This deserves a fine, "Fuck you" for the day.

Zwei said:
go eat a dick, NoA.

LiK said:
NoA can suck mah balls

CoffeeJanitor said:
Fuck you, NOA.

All of this, 1000x. Absolute bullshit.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
SO where's the thread on getting custom firmware on your Wii? I'm not the most technically savvy person so I hope its not particularly difficult.

Does NoA still have time to announce more titles? Knowing how secretive they are, I still don't understand why they're not doing these localizations...

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
truly101 said:
SO where's the thread on getting custom firmware on your Wii? I'm not the most technically savvy person so I hope its not particularly difficult.

I bumped it a while ago. Should be around the first few pages.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
UberTag said:
I didn't want to hack a Wii. And now I have to in order to play Xenoblade.
What a terrible disappointment!
You're in for a real treat, homebrewd Wiis own with some functionality even the HD bros don't have! Just follow the GAF guide.

sfog

ninj4junpei said:
I won't say, "fuck you NoA" just yet. They still have time to redeem themselves.

I have a feeling they're saving them for early-mid 2012 to fill the gap before WiiU.

Solune

So where are all the people claiming those who thought Last Story and Xenoblade AREN'T coming to NA are crazy?

Clearly it's those who think otherwise are the lunatics.

0 HP

Stumpokapow said:
this was an inaccurate interpretation of what he said
"I'm pouring everything into this one title. The feeling of it perhaps being my last title is strong."

?

MoogPaul

Stumpokapow said:
why would you do that

I was referring to the WiiU because we all know that thing will be region locked and if NoA stays like this, I'd rather be on the NoE side of things.

thefro

0 HP said:
"I'm pouring everything into this one title. The feeling of it perhaps being my last title is strong."

?

He said he works on every game he makes as if it were his last.

Quote time. sorry 'bout that.

RurouniZel said:
I KNEW I should have bought a used Wii when I was in Japan. :( And my Wii isn't on 4.2 anymore... fuck!
Why Japan? Don't want to play wait three(?) moths to play it in English? Anyway, firmware version doesn't matter. Got Brawl and a normal SD card? You're sorted (check the GWHT wiki link at the end of my qutoe-o-rama).

M-PG71C said:
So, how do I import games from Europe to the good ol' USA? I need my Xenoblade now!
You can't get your Xenoblade now. September maybe. For importing games I'd suggest game.co.uk. £4.95 per order delivery which is 3-6 business days and expect the game to be about £40 (if it makes you feel better just think we have to pay this sort of money everytime). Its not up for pre-order yet as retailers tend to add most Nintendo published games about 3 weeks before release unless its a big one, for some reason.

Kaijima said:
People are being really immature here. Nintendo hasn't announced everything yet. It is *quite* true that they have and do announce releases over the course of E3, and at their roundtable sessions.
Okay if you were Nintendo why would you choose not to announce it? NOA must know its a big subject of debate.

Zwei said:
I'm still holding out hope that one of those TBA's will be Xenoblade. And I'm not even trolling.
Theres games called June 16th and Holiday coming out. OTs now!! Sarcasm aside the OP is terribly formatted the TBAs refer Mario Party 9 and Rhythm Paradise.

FTH said:
whine whine whine

Homebrew + Import = Problem?
But its going to cost like $70 instead of $50 and $20 "free" Amazon money I have spend in 2 weeks.

lunchwithyuzo said:
Also no Fire Emblem 3r. We're getting Super Fossil Fighters instead. :/
Bother. I opted out of importing that to support an English release just like I did Shadow Dragon (I have no qualms playing Fire Emblem in Japanese as I've played it more in that language than English), looks like I'll have to import sometime and now that its a won't come out play-asia will price it sky high and/or all the copies will be eaten as soon as it goes on offer. Oh and since I'm Europe were we didn't get Fossil Fighters 1...yeah so probably no to that too. A dark day for my DS. Then again Shadow Dragon and the fanbase completely kind of killed my inclination to play the games ever again :(

RPGCrazied said:
Never imported a game before. What is a good site for that? Love to get the steelbook case thing.
See what I said above. Also, its not a steelbook but a double sided-reversible cover. Which is still nice (I prefer that steelbooks which tend to be destroyed too easily in the post :( )

truly101 said:
There is the GWHT wiki and if you have any further questions we will help you best we can in the thread.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Starwolf_UK said:
Bother. I opted out of importing that to support an English release just like I did Shadow Dragon (I have no qualms playing Fire Emblem in Japanese as I've played it more in that language than English), looks like I'll have to import sometime and now that its a won't come out play-asia will price it sky high and/or all the copies will be eaten as soon as it goes on offer. Oh and since I'm Europe were we didn't get Fossil Fighters 1...yeah so probably no to that too. A dark day for my DS. Then again Shadow Dragon and the fanbase completely kind of killed my inclination to play the games ever again :(]
Not sure what you mean about the fanbase, but Shadow Dragon is the least enjoyable FE game I've played. It's not bad, and it's a great strategy game, it's just so bare bones that it's tough to play after the Wii and GCN games.

I'd still like them to release FE3r over here, but I don't think there's any chance of that at this point.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
MoogPaul said:
I was referring to the WiiU because we all know that thing will be region locked and if NoA stays like this, I'd rather be on the NoE side of things.
Doing so may sidestep NoA's nonsense, but companies like Atlus tend to favour the American market. No-one wins with region locking, regardless of which side of the pond you're on. You'll likely still be grumbling if you buy a PAL machine, only with a different crowd.

UberTag

Alextended said:
You're in for a real treat, homebrewd Wiis own with some functionality even the HD bros don't have! Just follow the GAF guide.
I'm taking your advice. Will be homebrewing a Wii later this week. Shame it's come to this but such is life.

Anyone want to recommend a quality site I should be looking at to import Xenoblade Chronicles from Europe as close to its overseas launch as possible?
I think the last Euro-only release I picked up was Tales of Eternia on the PSP but at least I didn't have to jump through any hoops to get that to play.

I'm at least happy with the strong 3DS software lineup going forward.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Starwolf_UK said:
Okay if you were Nintendo why would you choose not to announce it? NOA must know its a big subject of debate.

Nintendo didn't even clarify that their new console had a console in their presentation :p This conference was what it was, which to say, a mess.

By the same turn, a few E3s ago Nintendo didn't even announce Smash Bros Brawl at their press briefing - they waited until a roundtable a day later. What could be more controversial than the existence or denial of a Smash Bros. entry?

Lard

Banned
UberTag said:
site I should be looking at to import Xenoblade Chronicles from Europe as close to its overseas launch as possible?

PlayAsia is probably going to be the most reliable.

Brettison said:
Failtastic Nintendo...

One of the biggest things that has pissed me off about Nintendo over the past few years is the number of quality Wii and DS titles that never make it out of Japan. FFS I'm still waiting on Soma Bringer.

Seems like a lot of shit I'd easily want to buy never makes it to. :(
You can get a Japanese copy of Soma Bringer and a flashcart to play your translated dump for the same price it would retail for here. At least you could a few months back.

Been out for a while now, no idea what you are "waiting" for.

Lard said:
Yeah.

By the way, does PlayAsia sell import Wiis?

Although I'm pissed off at NoA right now, it's not the end of the world. So I won't import just for two games.

But IF Dragon Quest X is announced for Europe and not America, than I'll import for sure.

UberTag

Lard said:
I suppose we'll need to keep watch to see when they'll start taking preorders on Chronicles. Only the original NTSC-J Xenoblade SKU is on their site right now.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Xenoblade I always have my Hacked Wii that I could import Xenoblade from Europe to play. I'm really sad about Last Story though if it never gets translated.

Nintendo: Hack our console to play real games!

Diffense

Well, yeah, definitely hacking a Wii to play EU games since NOE is releasing them.
And definitely no Wii U early adoption here....this is crap.

Lard

Banned
Kat Bailey on twitter:

"Did a wide loop around Nintendo's booth. Didn't see Xenoblade or Last Story. Feel like Christmas has been canceled."

:(

JordanLMiller said:
Do you happen to know the times of these?

I know I should just give up...

Yeah, do we know the time of the roundtable(s)?

Vaguely remember one of them being live-blogged one year but could be wrong.

Lard

Banned
Lance Bone Path said:
You'll feel a lot better once you give up hope. I know I do, but I gave up hope over a month ago.

I don't feel better. I feel a swelling, burning rage rising, and an overwhelming desire to punch Reggie in the face.

This is fucking Shenmue 2 all over again. TWICE.

Top Bottom