• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 2 level select screen recreated as 5 x 5 foot Lego mural

eshwaaz

A friend of mine has been working on this project for a while, and I thought GAF would appreciate the final result:
P6120045.jpg

P6120056.jpg

P6120062.jpg

Each plate (there are 16 plates total) took 3 hours to assemble from a blown up picture of the select screen. Nothing but off-the-shelf Legos were used - no repaints, no cheats. In total there are 37,248 1x1 bricks in a 5ft x 5ft square.

Enjoy.

Snaku

Banned
This is fucking art, and I would be proud to display it within my domicile.

Edit: He really should consider selling "kits" to build that.

I thought the blocks would be inter-locked with one another, standing up...

Either way, still cool. The best part about it is that you can put it on the floor (or even leave it on the wall) and build awesome LEGO stuff on top.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If your friend lives in Austin, TX I know exactly who it is. Haha

LevityNYC

Banned
eshwaaz said:
A friend of mine has been working on this project for a while, and I thought GAF would appreciate the final result:
P6120045.jpg

P6120056.jpg

P6120062.jpg

Each plate (there are 16 plates total) took 3 hours to assemble from a blown up picture of the select screen. Nothing but off-the-shelf Legos were used - no repaints, no cheats. In total there are 37,248 1x1 bricks in a 5ft x 5ft square.

Enjoy.

Sell it. How much would he want for it?

Is there a special tool used to remove the blocks in the middle of the mural? I just know that 1x1 blocks are tough to remove when they're completely surrounded

RaidenZR

I am bowing to this and its makers. Bravo!

Edit: Wait! Where's the flashing selection cursor?! I want my money back!

asa

Quick Ebay price check gives these 1x1 blocks price of roughly around 4cents..

0,04 x 37000 = 1470$ + work and planning

Not a bad price considering the end result. I would build something similar if I could get my hands on some super cheap legos.

Top Bottom