• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 pulled from Steam Store, [Move To New Thread, See Last Post For Link]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hmmm, we were unsure if it was actually pulled for good, or if they ran out of keys, but the 'Only on Origins' icon on the EA site is suspicious.

We'll just have to wait for confirmation, or to see if it drops from other DD retailers before panicking, but it would kinda suck if this happens.

Goddamit EA.

sflufan

Banned
Snuggler said:
Hmmm, we were unsure if it was actually pulled for good, or if they ran out of keys, but the 'Only on Origins' icon on the EA site is suspicious.

It's the same situation with the Alice game though. That can't be a coincidence!

Akia

This is not a good precedent. They will use Battlefield 3 as a killer app to get Origin on PCs this holiday.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Only chance I would have bought this was during the Summer Steam Sale.

Honestly, if EA can come up with a sound marketplace then I don't mind buying from Origin. But, if they're going to pull shit where it's just not on Steam, then fuck'em. Was looking forward to B3, but if this is the way they're going to go about it then I guess I'll pass.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
well that sucks, I honestly dont even use anything but Steam for DD PC games. Guess its back to buying physical copies for EA games... *Sigh*

Deadbeat

Banned
scoobs said:
If bf3 is not on steam... i dont even know what to say. I honestly might not buy it
Thats okay buy RO2 instead. Also, I bet Activision has no problem having all the steam market.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Well guys.. dont expect to buy B3 on Steam then.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just in case anyone hasn't been following the Steam thread, the rest of EA's catalog is still on Steam. Dragon Age 2 came out around the same time and is still up, but then again, no one really cares about that game.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I might skip BF3 then.

It would have hurt before E3, but with the announcement of Halo CEA and my friends back on board to play Halo, I might not need BF3 after all.

MW3 doesn't look so bad anymore.

Acosta

This is the biggest bullshit I have seen in years.

"We don't want to sell our games in Gamestop, now we have our own shops, see you there if you want our stuff."

EA is up for a surprise if they expect people run to their download service just because they force it.

Xamdou

EA pulled Crysis 2 from the steam store because they know of the upcoming steam summer sale which will make mark the game's price anywhere from 30%-50%.

kamspy

What kind of developer who owns a digital download service refuses to sell their game on other digital download services? Shame EA.

I've already preordered at Amazon. Boxed copy is fine.

Why the fuck would you do that, especially for something that's already a bit older like Crysis 2. That's like pulling the game from Wal Mart to sell it exclusively at K-Mart.

Xamdou said:
EA pulled Crysis 2 from the steam store because they know of the upcoming steam summer sale which will make mark the game's price anywhere from 30%-50%.
Couldn't they just say they didn't want it to go on sale then instead?

mbmonk

Looks like I will be looking for a physical copy more than likely then. Besides we couldn't play BFBC2 for like a week the servers were getting hammered so hard on PC. So not getting it day 1 shouldn't be a big deal for me.

117xlw8ltsv.gif

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
So, in the case of Steam, for those who managed to buy the game, is the download still available 24/7 or is it completely lost for good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom