• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 DirectX11 Tessellation Pack/High Res Texture Pack [Update: released]

EatChildren said:
Poor, poor GTX 570. I thought you were good man, I thought you were good!

This has single handedly destroyed all the hope I had for Battlefield 3 running maxed out :lol.

I don't think your card is the bottleneck.

Kyaw

SneakyStephan said:
K amd skillfully closed the vacuum cleaner gap with the 6xxx series upto fermi levels , but that didn't start till this gen (at least not since the 9800/x800 era).
4xxx and 5xxx series cards were loud, but not NEARLY up to gtx 280/470/480 levels, not even close.

My 4870 has always been plenty quiet with the rev 2 cooler.

Point taken but 4870 is a pretty old card and not the top end card...

I have the 480 with SOC Gigabyte cooler and it's not loud at all at about 40% fan.
It's noticeable at 60% fan and that's the speed it runs at when it's full load.

Downloading the texture pack and DX11 stuff right now. I'm running a 2500k @ 3.7 (haven't OC'd yet) with a GTX580 so I'll post some impressions on framerate.

I've been playing through Crysis 2 the past few days (since I just built this rig) and it's been running at a full 60FPS for me so I'm interested to see how much of a hit the 580 takes.

EatChildren said:

This has single handedly destroyed all the hope I had for Battlefield 3 running maxed out :lol.

I welcome the return of new engines taking a dump on 6 month 'old' graphics cards every year, as long as it comes with the appropriate visual upgrade each time.

Nothing quite like buying a new card after 2-3 years and being all giddy about getting to see how well all your previous games scale up.
It's like christmas and getting to open all your presents from the previous years again with the same excitement as the year before.

EatChildren said:

BF3 already looks amazing and they haven't even showed 1 screen with tesselation on.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Gram Negative Cocci said:
BF3 already looks amazing and they haven't even showed 1 screen with tesselation on.
I also don't think I have seen one video without serious drops. No way in hell is a 570 gonna max it.

Stallion Free said:
Just look up slightly more....

OH GOD DAT LACK OF AF.

At least we don't need custom shaders to fix that shit here.
2j935.jpg

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Stallion Free said:
I also don't think I have seen one video without serious drops. No way in hell is a 570 gonna max it.

dropping to 40 fps isn't serious.

subversus

Futurevoid said:
Much less making judgements on an in-development title when framerate optimizations don't usually occur until the latter portion of development.

and this too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
universalmind said:
http://h2.abload.de/img/2j935.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Lmfao, is your defense of OG vanilla POM in Crysis 1 to post screens with DOF to hide it?

[quote=suversus]dropping to 40 fps isn't serious.[/quote]
I don't care for drops below 60 in multiplayer games. I'll lower settings.

Smokey

Futurevoid said:
Downloading the texture pack and DX11 stuff right now. I'm running a 2500k @ 3.7 (haven't OC'd yet) with a GTX580 so I'll post some impressions on framerate.

I've been playing through Crysis 2 the past few days (since I just built this rig) and it's been running at a full 60FPS for me so I'm interested to see how much of a hit the 580 takes.

Please post as soon as you can. We have pretty much the same setup (i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, 580, 8GB RAM). I also run C2 @ Extreme at 60 or more the majority of the time. Await your impressions!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Question :

1) how do I become invisible? console command that is. Not just to the enemies but literally invisible. No model/weapons.

Stallion Free said:
Lmfao, is your defense of OG vanilla POM in Crysis 1 to post screens with DOF to hide it?
No? Look at Crysis 2. Vaseline smothered on your monitor. Without the DOF in C1 it would still look clearer. The point is, how far have we really come?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, this Crysis 2 patch is definitely doing something for me...

crysis2yeahhslj.png

Feh. Time to try to find the root cause, something tells me it'll be realted to my GPU, a 5870, heh.

Smokey said:
Please post as soon as you can. We have pretty much the same setup (i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, 580, 8GB RAM). I also run C2 @ Extreme at 60 or more the majority of the time. Await your impressions!
I'll see if I can get something up before my lunch break ends. If not, I won't be able to post until a little after 6pm EST.

The only other difference from your specs at the moment is I'm on 4GB of ram since I had a bad chip and am awaiting a replacement. They recommend 8GB so we'll see how it goes. I'm playing at 1080p Extreme as well.

Foliorum Viridum said:
They usually push out updates for this kinda stuff, it might take a while though.

If AMD performance is that bad I'm in no hurry to update the game with my bandwidth being so limited due to it being the end of the month, though!
it is that bad. don't even bother until a driver update is released.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
DennisK4 said:
Advanced Tone Mapping and SSAO seem to be the only really important new additions.
The depth of field looks incredible as well. It already looked good, but it's even more impressive now.

mxgt

Banned
EatChildren said:

I'm getting very nice performance with a GTX 570 at stock settings. Certainly not dropping into the 20's or even 30's.

And that's with everything on ultra at 1080p.

Zimbardo

tried it out for a bit. pretty sweet upgrade.

my pc can't handle it as well as i'd like @ 1080p with Ultra settings, tho.

my pc specs:

i5 760 @ 3.8ghz
8gig 1600mhz ram 9-9-9-24
1.5TB western digital caviar black sata2 7200rpm
sound blaster xfi xtreme sound card
2 GTX460 1gig cards in SLI (MSI Hawk Talon Attack cards which are clocked at 850 core/ 1000 memory/ 1700 shader) ...1 card is supposed to be faster than a stock clocked GTX 470 for reference.

Crysis2 was set to 1080p @ Ultra settings/ DX11/ High Motion Blur/ High Textures ... everything maxed ...

using Fraps i was getting 50-60fps a lot of the time, walking around the streets, etc. ...but when combat/action started it would drop to 40-50s. even saw it hit into the 30s one time when a huge explosion went off in my face ...heh.

anyway, not a fan of that kind of framerate, so i dropped it to Extreme settings with High motion blur/ DX11/ High Textures and was getting a solid 60fps.

will keep it that way.

Hypatia

Yessssssss! This looks amazingly amazing.

How's this gunna run on a single HD 5850 at 1680x1050?

Also brb off to finally buy Crysis 2.

subversus

Hypatia said:
Yessssssss! This looks amazingly amazing.

How's this gunna run on a single HD 5850 at 1680x1050?

Also brb off to finally buy Crysis 2.

terribad.

Corky

mxgt said:
I'm getting very nice performance with a GTX 570 at stock settings. Certainly not dropping into the 20's or even 30's.

And that's with everything on ultra at 1080p.

It's rather "random" though, I've been loading different chapters and trying out the performance, and the I stumbled across a part where if I looked at a certain geometry + shooting at it it randomly dropped to 30 fps. Other than that it's pretty much 60 all the time.

Van Buren

Pleasantly surprised at the performance - clears 60 fps most of the time with dips depending on what I'm looking at. Going to see what the performance hit is like on enabling Surround.

subversus

I hope AMD will push it to at least 30 fps locked.

I also hope than next gen of NVIDIA cards won't be as terrible as this one.

I keep getting an error when trying to install the packs.

SsB7N.gif

WTF does that mean?

After it does that it still finds the steam directory and installs the packs though.

bloodforge said:
I keep getting an error when trying to install the packs.

SsB7N.gif

WTF does that mean?

After it does that it still finds the steam directory and installs the packs though.

Don't worry Crytek has posted it's a bug but it doesn't affect the installation.

Corky

I like the look if this, I like it a lot. Really need that command to become invisible, had to quickly snap this in between weapon swaps lol.

crysis22011-06-2721-403u5s.png

Van Buren said:
Pleasantly surprised at the performance - clears 60 fps most of the time with dips depending on what I'm looking at. Going to see what the performance hit is like on enabling Surround.

Please do.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Goofed around for a few minutes, looks nice but runs like dogshit on my 5870. Like maybe 20 fps.

crysis22011-06-2713-46ynk6.jpg

crysis22011-06-2713-49on3r.jpg

crysis22011-06-2713-50vua6.jpg

Top Bottom