• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Orcastar
Member
(02-26-2012, 11:03 PM)
Orcastar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shadow Hog

Oh come on, it's not like she died or something. She's still there, just with a different voice...

I know, but that image was just too good a response to Forester's post to pass up.

Let's lighten the mood a bit:

Shadow Hog
Member
(02-26-2012, 11:15 PM)
Shadow Hog's Avatar
It's not really you I'm lashing out at, mind, it's more the artist seriously interpreting the situation and running with it like that. I know I tend to blow my personal pet peeves out of proportion, and I apologize for that, but this Derpy situation is kind of above and beyond...
Slamtastic
(02-26-2012, 11:20 PM)
Slamtastic's Avatar
I think the lack of an episode this week has gotten to everypony in the thread.

Professor Beef
Banned
(02-26-2012, 11:31 PM)
Professor Beef's Avatar
A blast from the past:

CHEEZMO™
Obsidian fan
(02-26-2012, 11:33 PM)
CHEEZMO™'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Slamtastic

I think the lack of an episode this week has gotten to everypony in the thread.

Her legs are fucked up.
Ikael
Member
(02-27-2012, 12:41 AM)
I just knew about the whole Derpygate thing and well... it left a sour taste in my mouth. Not as if it is the end of the world, but there we go, yet another small victory for puritanism 2.0 and the PC brigade embarking on their holy mission and making the world duller (and Derpy's scenes less funny, too). Gah. I need some cute in order to make up for that:

Link Man
Banned
(02-27-2012, 12:48 AM)
Link Man's Avatar
Black-Box
Member
(02-27-2012, 01:44 AM)
Black-Box's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darte

hnggggh

cute, but I think there's one thing that I've noticed I don't think anyone else noticed, the fact that Hasbro hasn't taken down any videos from my knowledge, or gone after anyone. I've noticed that lots of people announce that anything pony related they say MLP is owned by Hasbro something I haven't really seen much before with other things
kunonabi
Member
(02-27-2012, 01:54 AM)
kunonabi's Avatar
Just heard the new Derpy and I really don't like the voice and how the rest of the segment was censored. This sucks about has bad as casey kasem crapping all over Aladdin.
Link Man
Banned
(02-27-2012, 01:55 AM)
Link Man's Avatar
Slamtastic
(02-27-2012, 02:11 AM)
Slamtastic's Avatar


Hey there Forester
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(02-27-2012, 02:11 AM)
DrForester's Avatar

Originally Posted by Black-Box

cute, but I think there's one thing that I've noticed I don't think anyone else noticed, the fact that Hasbro hasn't taken down any videos from my knowledge, or gone after anyone. I've noticed that lots of people announce that anything pony related they say MLP is owned by Hasbro something I haven't really seen much before with other things

They've gone after some videos on youtube, but they're not militant about it. They have a legal obligation to protect their brand, but at the same time they don't want to piss off the new fanbase.
Link Man
Banned
(02-27-2012, 02:15 AM)
Link Man's Avatar


Wallpaper if anyone wants it (full size at link, click on image).
Dark Phoenix
Member
(02-27-2012, 02:29 AM)
Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ikael

I just knew about the whole Derpygate thing and well... it left a sour taste in my mouth. Not as if it is the end of the world, but there we go, yet another small victory for puritanism 2.0 and the PC brigade embarking on their holy mission and making the world duller (and Derpy's scenes less funny, too). Gah. I need some cute in order to make up for that:

That's only for the edit of "The Last Roundup". Derpy will be fine.

"On the issue on Derpy whether she'll have the same Derp face expression and stuff. As an animator of the show, rest assured, she'll be fine."
Link Man
Banned
(02-27-2012, 02:41 AM)
Link Man's Avatar
Black-Box
Member
(02-27-2012, 02:42 AM)
Black-Box's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrForester

They've gone after some videos on youtube, but they're not militant about it. They have a legal obligation to protect their brand, but at the same time they don't want to piss off the new fanbase.

only really didn't know that, but its good that both sides respect each other
Pancakes
hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
(02-27-2012, 02:46 AM)
Pancakes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shadow Hog

It's not really you I'm lashing out at, mind, it's more the artist seriously interpreting the situation and running with it like that. I know I tend to blow my personal pet peeves out of proportion, and I apologize for that, but this Derpy situation is kind of above and beyond...

The fanbase can get a little melodramatic at times. Yes, it was lame that Hasbro changed Derpy but at least they didn't completely edit her out.
Link Man
Banned
(02-27-2012, 02:52 AM)
Link Man's Avatar


And for Parfait, should he want it:
ahoyhoy
Member
(02-27-2012, 03:06 AM)
ahoyhoy's Avatar
Here's some room for Link to keep spreading his wings.
Link Man
Banned
(02-27-2012, 03:11 AM)
Link Man's Avatar
Hint taken.

ahoyhoy
Member
(02-27-2012, 03:11 AM)
ahoyhoy's Avatar
Sadsic
good music, man
(02-27-2012, 03:11 AM)
Sadsic's Avatar
why do i see daria?
Parfait
Member
(02-27-2012, 03:12 AM)
Parfait's Avatar

Originally Posted by Link Man

And for Parfait, should he want it:

This is lovely, thank you very much.

There should be a My Little Trixie spinoff imo. Kind of like Torchwood, but it wouldn't suck at all.
Link Man
Banned
(02-27-2012, 03:13 AM)
Link Man's Avatar
Woohoo, last 100 posts!



Party time!
judhudson
Member
(02-27-2012, 03:15 AM)
judhudson's Avatar


Don't cross the streams...that is...if thats ok with you.
ahoyhoy
Member
(02-27-2012, 03:17 AM)
ahoyhoy's Avatar
I'm guessing Pinkie's the Gatekeeper, since she doesn't have a pack of her own.
CHEEZMO™
Obsidian fan
(02-27-2012, 03:17 AM)
CHEEZMO™'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Sadsic

why do i see daria?

Our sword and shield: Hito

Originally Posted by judhudson



Don't cross the streams...that is...if thats ok with you.

Anyone else reminded of Tebow?
Link Man
Banned
(02-27-2012, 03:19 AM)
Link Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by ahoyhoy

I'm guessing Pinkie's the Gatekeeper, since she doesn't have a pack of her own.

Then who's the Keymaster?

Pandaman
Psxphile
Member
(02-27-2012, 03:35 AM)
Psxphile's Avatar

Originally Posted by Link Man

Then who's the Keymaster?

Hm...
Myke Greywolf
Ambassador of Goodwill
(02-27-2012, 03:49 AM)
Myke Greywolf's Avatar
As promised, the first round of voting is now over, and the top three choices were, in alphabetical order:

- "I just don't know what went wrong!"
- "Oh, we got opportunity, in this very community!"
- "The fun has been DOUBLED!"

So, we now have a three-way (instead of two-way because there was a tie) runoff vote until post 20,000! Send me your PM's again, please!
Shadow Hog
Member
(02-27-2012, 03:50 AM)
Shadow Hog's Avatar
Y'know, it occurs to me that the first thread didn't die until well after page 400, somehow or another.

So, uh, what happens if we hit 401? Will we get to engage in any awesome 4th Day bug scenarios or something?
Narag
Member
(02-27-2012, 03:50 AM)
Narag's Avatar
Too lazy to PM. JUst count whatever fish votes for twice.


Originally Posted by Shadow Hog

Y'know, it occurs to me that the first thread didn't die until well after page 400, somehow or another.

So, uh, what happens if we hit 401? Will we get to engage in any awesome 4th Day bug scenarios or something?

If a mod notices, instructions to get a new OT will be left or the thread will just be locked based on the understanding a new OT is forthcoming.
Link Man
Banned
(02-27-2012, 03:50 AM)
Link Man's Avatar
"I just don't know what went wrong!"

Shoot. PM sent.
ahoyhoy
Member
(02-27-2012, 03:52 AM)
ahoyhoy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shadow Hog

Y'know, it occurs to me that the first thread didn't die until well after page 400, somehow or another.

So, uh, what happens if we hit 401? Will we get to engage in any awesome 4th Day bug scenarios or something?

I believe "Mods are asleep, post ponies" rule applies.
Slamtastic
(02-27-2012, 03:54 AM)
Slamtastic's Avatar

Originally Posted by Myke Greywolf

- "I just don't know what went wrong!"
- "Oh, we got opportunity, in this very community!"
- "The fun has been DOUBLED!"

I'd be happy with either 1 or 3.

3 fits it being OT2, doubled and all that.

But 1 is the first line from the character who essentially represents and symbolizes the adult male internet fanbase of FiM
Owlowiscious
Member
(02-27-2012, 03:55 AM)
Owlowiscious's Avatar
Are you shitting me? "The Thread has been DOUBLED!" didn't make it? Argh maybe I should have PM'd myke.
Slamtastic
(02-27-2012, 03:58 AM)
Slamtastic's Avatar
The direct show quote sounds better IMO
blamite
Member
(02-27-2012, 03:59 AM)
blamite's Avatar
I don't really have a strong opinion on the matter but "fun has been doubled" sounds way better that "thread has been doubled" imo.
McNum
Member
(02-27-2012, 04:04 AM)
McNum's Avatar

Originally Posted by Myke Greywolf

As promised, the first round of voting is now over, and the top three choices were, in alphabetical order:

- "I just don't know what went wrong!"
- "Oh, we got opportunity, in this very community!"
- "The fun has been DOUBLED!"

So, we now have a three-way (instead of two-way because there was a tie) runoff vote until post 20,000! Send me your PM's again, please!

Message sent!

No points for guessing my vote.
Shadow Hog
Member
(02-27-2012, 04:23 AM)
Shadow Hog's Avatar

Originally Posted by Owlowiscious

Are you shitting me? "The Thread has been DOUBLED!" didn't make it? Argh maybe I should have PM'd myke.

Well, it's what I voted for...
Violet_0
Banned
(02-27-2012, 04:38 AM)
nah, "Oh, we got opportunity, in this very community!" is the best, you guys
PBalfredo
Member
(02-27-2012, 04:45 AM)
PBalfredo's Avatar
All good choices but I'm going to go with "Oh, we got opportunity, in this very community!", since it's the only one with a double meaning since "The thread has been DOUBLED!" didn't make the short list.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(02-27-2012, 04:51 AM)
DrForester's Avatar
We're going to cap this thread on the 1 year anniversary of the first thread.

EDIT: well, probably. Don't go overboard in posting for a few hours.
ahoyhoy
Member
(02-27-2012, 05:24 AM)
ahoyhoy's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrForester

We're going to cap this thread on the 1 year anniversary of the first thread.

EDIT: well, probably. Don't go overboard in posting for a few hours.

That may or may not have been my intention all along

it was
Master Milk
Member
(02-27-2012, 05:32 AM)
Master Milk's Avatar
I'm gonna miss this thread title.
judhudson
Member
(02-27-2012, 05:41 AM)
judhudson's Avatar
RIP thread. Gonna get my last post in as I may not see it in the morning.

Zomba13
Member
(02-27-2012, 07:22 AM)
Zomba13's Avatar
:o gotta get a post in before this thread dies.
wildthing2022000
Member
(02-27-2012, 09:38 AM)
Derpygate in a nutshell:
$200
Banned
(02-27-2012, 09:43 AM)
$200's Avatar
Finally watched all the episodes there are. The latest four are soooooooooo good. Now I have to wait every week for new episode :(
Theonik
Member
(02-27-2012, 10:20 AM)
Theonik's Avatar

Originally Posted by wildthing2022000

Derpygate in a nutshell:
http://i.imgur.com/qXnvq.jpg

This is the.worst.possible.thing

Thread Tools