• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Nobodyspatzy
(02-25-2012, 04:33 AM)

Originally Posted by CHEEZMO™

This is reminding me of a particular fic I read once.

Go on...

(although part of me MAY know what you are talking about)

EDIT: As for the video...I..still have the original airing..I won't freak out just yet. We shall see.
Last edited by Nobodyspatzy; 02-25-2012 at 04:43 AM. Reason: changed Derpy again???
Hasardeur
(02-25-2012, 04:34 AM)
I hope it's real
Link Man
(02-25-2012, 04:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Slamtastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2CRjPO73Dg

Alright, that's it.

My Little Pony is over.

We had some good times.

Later guys, maybe we'll meet again someday.

Well, we can still do like the MST3K fans do.
ahoyhoy
(02-25-2012, 04:40 AM)
Missed the first post, but still

DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(02-25-2012, 04:40 AM)

Alright, that's it.

My Little Pony is over.

We had some good times.

I don't really understand why they'd drop the name, but I really like the new voice.
blamite
(02-25-2012, 04:41 AM)

Alright, that's it.

My Little Pony is over.

We had some good times.

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Giving in to the complaining minority only validates their complaints. I mean, if calling her Derpy had been a legal issue and they just cut out her name I would have understood why they did it, but changing her voice is just too much. Not to mention how badly recorded Dash's new lines sound. There was never any reason to change anything, and this proves why.
LuffyZoro
(02-25-2012, 04:42 AM)

Alright, that's it.

My Little Pony is over.

We had some good times.

Not only the changing of her voice, not even the removal of her name, but in some shots they seem to have even straightened her eyes. That's low, Hasbro.
AceBandage
Banned
(02-25-2012, 04:44 AM)
So now blondes are going to be mad.
Choppasmith
(02-25-2012, 04:44 AM)
EDIT: Beaten
Not sure if this is official and Hasbro/DHX's work or a quick digital edit by iTunes staff. A shame they had to do this, but I honestly don't mind the "new" Derpy voice sounds a lot like the popular fanon voice, especially since Tabitha voiced Derpy thinking she was male, a changed voice makes sense.
Last edited by Choppasmith; 02-25-2012 at 04:49 AM.
ahoyhoy
(02-25-2012, 04:50 AM)
Now MLP fans have a Canon versus "Canon" argument on the level of Greedo/Han shot first.

WE MADE IT GUYS!
ZealousD
(02-25-2012, 04:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Choppasmith

Derpy voice sounds a lot like the popular fanon voice, especially since Tabitha voiced Derpy thinking she was male, a changed voice makes sense.

There's only "one" popular fanon voice I was aware of!
blamite
(02-25-2012, 04:59 AM)

Originally Posted by ahoyhoy

Now MLP fans have a Canon versus "Canon" argument on the level of Greedo/Han shot first.

WE MADE IT GUYS!

You know what, as long as Deroy doesn't talk or have her name mentioned any more down the line, I don't even care about this new version, we can all just pretend it never happened and be happier for it.
Choppasmith
(02-25-2012, 05:01 AM)

Originally Posted by ZealousD

There's only "one" popular fanon voice I was aware of!

Sorry Balddumborat (yeah weird name) she does little Derpy lines and does Derpy in the popular Dr. Whooves and Assistant series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBjZBEVomW0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhLUFdNReIw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHenx-ASFd4
brian577
(02-25-2012, 05:10 AM)
WHAT THE FUCK! I redownloaded it and now I have thing THING talking. Rainbow Dash doesn't even sound right any more. If they were going to change her voice they could of at least put some effort into it. These VAs (if they're even the originals which I doubt) sound like they're phoning it in with none of the passion they normally have. I have the original on another system and I'll keep that.
blamite
(02-25-2012, 05:15 AM)

Originally Posted by brian577

WHAT THE FUCK! I redownloaded it and now I have thing THING talking. Rainbow Dash doesn't even sound right any more. If they were going to change her voice they could of at least put some effort into it. These VAs (if they're even the originals which I doubt) sound like they're phoning it in with none of the passion they normally have. I have the original on another system and I'll keep that.

Yeah, it sounds like they had Ashleigh record her new lines on my laptop microphone or something. This all seems like something you would expect from a cheap fake and not something official from Hasbro.
BatDan
(02-25-2012, 05:18 AM)
Right now, the best we can do is calm down, wait for official word from the people working on the show (hopefully Thiessen says something) and spread the original version of The Last Roundup around through Streisand Effect.

Though I would like to know which people complained in the first place and if they've ever seen a Disney cartoon with Goofy in their life. Just saying.
Hasardeur
(02-25-2012, 05:20 AM)
the voice is honestly way better now, shame about the eyes though
Captain Fish
(02-25-2012, 05:25 AM)
I like the new voice, but I do think the new delivery is pretty flat from both Dash and gray, yellow-haired side pony. Oh well, such is life.
Last edited by Captain Fish; 02-25-2012 at 05:50 AM.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(02-25-2012, 05:28 AM)
well, if you don't like the voice, I'm betting you'll never hear it again.
Pandaman
Everything is moe to me
(02-25-2012, 05:30 AM)
is this your precious 'canon', forester?

where good and innocent ponies get carted away in the night and replaced?
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(02-25-2012, 05:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Pandaman

I've said she should have stayed a background joke to begin with.
brian577
(02-25-2012, 05:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Hasardeur

the voice is honestly way better now, shame about the eyes though

I'll let your opinion on Derpy's voice stand but you can not tell me Rainbow Dash doesn't sound like a soulless automaton now.
Last edited by brian577; 02-25-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Narag
(02-25-2012, 05:40 AM)

Do you think the real Derpy was banished, thrown into a dungeon, or thrown into a dungeon in the place Celestia banished her to?
blamite
(02-25-2012, 05:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Narag

Do you think the real Derpy was banished, thrown into a dungeon, or thrown into a dungeon in the place Celestia banished her to?

To the moon!

uh oh.

PBalfredo
(02-25-2012, 06:08 AM)
Is it just me, or does the new voice make her sound ditzier than before? Particularly the delivery of "Oops, my bad,"?
Shadow Hog
(02-25-2012, 06:11 AM)

WE MADE IT GUYS!

In my mind, we already had one with S2E11-S2E13 airing out of order.

Well, in my mind, anyway... I think I'm the only one who cared, or even noticed. I'd love to spread the word to the Internet at large, but the few times I've tried I just get shut down, typically. I can't really point to any canon, because the iTunes numbers changed after the fact, "Hearth's Warming Eve" is constantly skipped in rebroadcasting (and "Luna Eclipsed", for some reason - why put all these holiday episodes in Season 2 if you won't air them?), and while the episodes on The Hub's site use the correct numbering, Hasbro can't be bothered to keep said episode up on their site for more than a week at a time (the best I've got are these thumbnail leftovers, and I doubt I'll turn any heads with that). Lord knows I've waited this long for some kind of bone to be thrown my way, but nope... The whole thing kind of makes me really depressed, honestly. :(

...anyway, Derpy. I actually think I prefer the new VA, although the lines are a bit phoned-in, I suppose. Butch Derpy really didn't work in my head, honestly... Also, aside from Rainbow's "careful" line, her lines sound pretty much the same. She only mentioned Derpy's name in that one line anyway... Still, if you're miffed at the executive meddling here, welcome to my world. Season One wasn't this mishandled, was it?
Psxphile
(02-25-2012, 06:12 AM)
Shoutbox DVD confirmed collector's item?
LumpOfCole
Cereal Killer
(02-25-2012, 06:16 AM)
I am now especially happy I bought the iTunes version of Last Roundup before the change. I feel like I own a digital collector's item.
PBalfredo
(02-25-2012, 06:16 AM)
I just hope no one at Studio B got in trouble for Derpy, seeing as how Hasbro evidently thought enough of the issue to go back and edit the episode.

Doesn't bode well for future Derpy cameos. Playing spot-the-Derpy each almost every episode has been such a fun little touch this season.
Last edited by PBalfredo; 02-25-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Slamtastic
(02-25-2012, 06:20 AM)

WE MADE IT GUYS!

Hasbro = George Lucas?

I can get behind that.
Professor Beef
holds a doctorate in beef
(02-25-2012, 06:29 AM)
The best thing about the Han/Greedo nonsense were people stretching like Dhalsim about how Han's entire character development over the span of three movies was ruined by one scene.
How About No
(02-25-2012, 06:29 AM)

Originally Posted by LumpOfCole

I am now especially happy I bought the iTunes version of Last Roundup before the change. I feel like I own a digital collector's item.

In years it'll be on the torrentz for thousands of dollars
Parfait
(02-25-2012, 06:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Link Man

LumpOfCole
Cereal Killer
(02-25-2012, 06:34 AM)

Originally Posted by How About No

In years it'll be on the torrentz for thousands of dollars

I'll get to show it to digital pawn starz and they'll bring in a pony expert to tell me it's worth at least 25 dollars.
Orcastar
(02-25-2012, 07:29 AM)

Alright, that's it.

My Little Pony is over.

We had some good times.

I wouldn't mind if they just changed the voice (though I had no problem with her original voice), but removing her name and underping her eyes is just low.

I bet this will raise a much bigger shitstorm among bronies than her actual appearance did.
brian577
(02-25-2012, 07:55 AM)
Well the fandom has already found it's first target. This women was apparently pretty vocal about Derpy. Her Deviant Art page is currently under assault by angry bronies. I can't say I agree with this, but I suppose it's better than harassing Faust or one of the other creators.

http://yamino.deviantart.com/
Chuck
Still without luck
(02-25-2012, 07:59 AM)
This community really fucking sucks sometimes. Makes the "Love and Tolerate" mantra feel like a fucking lie.
brian577
(02-25-2012, 08:06 AM)

Originally Posted by ChuckNoLuck

This community really fucking sucks sometimes. Makes the "Love and Tolerate" mantra feel like a fucking lie.

It's human nature. Love and Tolerate sounds good in theory but it doesn't always work in practice. I'm still pretty pissed about the whole affair but I'm passed most of anger, I'm sure these people will get passed it too. The person being harassed actually doesn't seem to mind, earlier this month she commented on how she loved all the extra traffic due to her complaints about Derpy.
Songbird
Prodigal Son
(02-25-2012, 08:07 AM)
Phew, wi-fi. Just caught up with the news and I'm not going to respond to people individually because I'm already neglecting the chat and I don't want to make enemies, especially on Deviant Art. This isn't a tragedy and people really ought to stop treating it as such or as some weird act of censorship targeted at the fans. The character and the scene still exist - and will do for the future, so people flaming Yamino despite her history should just stop being asses.

Myself, I'm more concerned with anything happening to the team working on the show, not a fan name being snipped out on an iTunes download.

Who are you referring to here?

I know you have this whole persona going on, but you sound like a real dimwit sometimes.

Originally Posted by Shadow Hog

Still, if you're miffed at the executive meddling here, welcome to my world. Season One wasn't this mishandled, was it?

And neither is this one.
Last edited by Songbird; 02-25-2012 at 08:12 AM.
brian577
(02-25-2012, 08:12 AM)
Comment from one of the animators.
http://kreoss.deviantart.com/journal/Derpy-287023334
Songbird
Prodigal Son
(02-25-2012, 08:16 AM)
It's a whole carnival of stupid!

Fandumb to the rescue.
Chuck
Still without luck
(02-25-2012, 08:20 AM)
Welcome back, Thnikk.

Originally Posted by Thnikkaman

Who are you referring to here?

I'm referring to what Brian posted about people assulting the woman's DA page, the nigh 1500 comments on the EqD post filled with people complaining, calling people who were for a voice change terrible names, the ponychan, reddit, 4chan threads doing the same.

All the bullshit you would hope our community would be above, and but would be very wrong.

edit: and death/bomb threats apparently
Songbird
Prodigal Son
(02-25-2012, 08:23 AM)

Welcome back, Thnikk.

I'm referring to what Brian posted about people assulting the woman's DA page, the nigh 1500 comments on the EqD post filled with people complaining, calling people who were for a voice change terrible names, the ponychan, reddit, 4chan threads doing the same.

All the bullshit you would hope our community would be above, and but would be very wrong

Aha, that makes sense. I see the journal of the guy working on the show and wonder if it'll make any difference. Sad that things had to change, but it's a whole lot of trouble over nothing IMO.

Ed: About the threats, guy's probably a troll.

And LZ drew a Jackle! <3
Last edited by Songbird; 02-25-2012 at 08:33 AM.
tafer
(02-25-2012, 09:27 AM)
Delicious drama on the interwebs!?
From a huge fandom!?

And about the topic in question, I'm surprised they actually took the time to "fix" the issue instead of the traditional: remove it and forget it.

On the other hand, it's quite disappointing that this problem was handled in such a way. Maybe, someday, people will understand that dialog and transparency are always the best damn tools to handle pretty much any issue.
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(02-25-2012, 09:36 AM)
You know what's hilarious? People are blaming the company, NOT THE FANS, for this outrage. This wouldn't have happened had there been less retarded fans.
tafer
(02-25-2012, 09:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Ookami-kun

You know what's hilarious? People are blaming the company, NOT THE FANS, for this outrage. This wouldn't have happened had there been less retarded fans.

From what I have been reading, no one exactly knows what the hell happened (angry parents?, angry fans?, overly PC policies on iTunes?, etc.), and those who know are keeping all the info for themselves.
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(02-25-2012, 09:47 AM)
I thought it was a few lousy fans who sent letters to hasbro.
tafer
(02-25-2012, 09:58 AM)

That happened (and some parents write too, IIRC), but as usual, we are in the dark about what actually motivated the change. (Whatever it was It had to be quite relevant, considering that the change wasn't free)
Last edited by tafer; 02-25-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Link Man
(02-25-2012, 10:48 AM)
Chuck
Still without luck
(02-25-2012, 10:57 AM)

...seriously?