• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

aett

Has anyone built more than eight floors? It doesn't actually say how many new floors there are, but I don't want to build beyond eight in case I'm stuck with an empty floor for eternity!

There are only eight new floors, yeah. I have two empty floors still.

Wow.
Android version is totally ruined with the latest update. Runs so badly now that there's a three second pause between any touch screen input and actual activity happening in the game.

Tried it on my Galaxy Tab thinking maybe my old(er) HTC phone just couldn't handle the 153 floors, but nope, runs just as badly on the Tab.

Mobage suck.

Wow.
Android version is totally ruined with the latest update. Runs so badly now that there's a three second pause between any touch screen input and actual activity happening in the game.

Tried it on my Galaxy Tab thinking maybe my old(er) HTC phone just couldn't handle the 153 floors, but nope, runs just as badly on the Tab.

Mobage suck.

Oh, yeah, somewhat good to hear it sucks for everyone, not just my phone. Thought it was cause my HTC phone was pretty old, but yeah, it's so laggy now. Though, it does start normally, but just lags so much after a bit.

Oh, yeah, somewhat good to hear it sucks for everyone, not just my phone. Thought it was cause my HTC phone was pretty old, but yeah, it's so laggy now. Though, it does start normally, but just lags so much after a bit.

How many floors are you on?

I literally get a minute or two before it lags to hell and I can't do anything - scrolling quickly to the top of my tower is enough to lag it out as well.

Tried to stock my floors the other night, but gave up with about 1/3rd to go. Just can't be bothered.

How many floors are you on?

I literally get a minute or two before it lags to hell and I can't do anything - scrolling quickly to the top of my tower is enough to lag it out as well.

Tried to stock my floors the other night, but gave up with about 1/3rd to go. Just can't be bothered.

In the 80s. It isn't that bad at the start, but once I get up to the 40s, it starts lagging. It is probably a minute or two as well.

Seems like I'm locked out of this game now (Android version), since my device isn't officially supported anymore. It tells me "this version is so last week!" and to go download the newest version then loads the Android market where I can't download it...

I think the Android version got fixed last night. It doesn't lag anymore and I played through it I think long enough to where I didn't see any lagging from it anymore. So, yay, more time wasted on this game.

PatzCU

Are there any repeat floors in this game? I have 3 dream jobs at my Tech Store and just got a new resident with Tech Store dream job. I'm guessing I will have to give them the boot...

I think the Android version got fixed last night. It doesn't lag anymore and I played through it I think long enough to where I didn't see any lagging from it anymore. So, yay, more time wasted on this game.

Oh yeah! Whatever they changed, it's made it a hell of a lot better.
I still get a little bit of lag once I'm scrolling up past 80-90 or so, but it's WAY better than it was post-update yesterday.

As opposed to this anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk_9LZw1k7I

Are there any repeat floors in this game? I have 3 dream jobs at my Tech Store and just got a new resident with Tech Store dream job. I'm guessing I will have to give them the boot...

Nope, once you've gotten all the floors you're told there are "no more floors of this type" or whatever to that effect.

I had 5 Bitizens with Dream Jobs at the Travel Ageny at one point!

Until just now, I didn't understand why they added eight floors in the recent update. Seemed so random. But that brings us up to 300 bitizens and 20 stores in each category. Huh.

I wonder how large the 2.0 update will be.

So, Android version got missions the other day. And now, with a recent update, they removed like all but two of them. Meh.

Or not. But, man, these random updates are being pretty distracting for what they might ruin.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Bump! Tiny Tower is now 2.0! NEW floors! The ability to save VIP's for later! The ability to choose what floor you want to build! New costumes! And Tweeting on supported devices.

Nice to see the game hasn't been forgotten completely.

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
In my rush to build all the new floors, I forgot to check what all of the new ones were(visible when you choose to build a specific floor). I only noticed a Fire Station and I think Italian Cuisine?

Bummed, this morning I woke up and went to do my usual re stocking, I had about 100,000 in the bank from selling the night before and My Tiny Tower crashed. Crashed twice, and when it finally loaded I was right back to where I was last night before bed! I have never had any problems with this game and I am a huge fan, but I bummed for sure. Has anyone else experienced this?

iOS 6, 4s

ColonelT

Holiday update! New floors, and the tower is all Christmas-y. If you have any residents who don't celebrate Christmas, too bad.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
What's the total floor count now? I'm at 145.

Mega bump.

WHAT YEAR IS THIS. Why is there such an epic update?

+ Tons of new floors, costumes, lobbies, roofs, elevators, missions and BitBook posts!
+ New QuickStock features makes managing your tower even easier!
+ Pixel-Perfect Retina graphics!
+ Trade bitizens with friends!
+ Rename your bitizens!
+ Earn new Golden Tickets!

Somehow, after all these years, they managed to pull me back in.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Wow. Well, I just checked the way I used to pile up bux, moving people in over and over until I got a dreamjob match, and I see they changed the move in price from 5 to 155 bux, hahaha. Well they plugged that hole.

robox

Everything is so brutally expensive now

There's a new balance for the economy and its much slower moving than before with the new jacked up floor building costs.

Gold tickets sound like bullshit

I'm not sure if I'm gonna stick around to finish the tower again

Ferny

Mega bump.

WHAT YEAR IS THIS. Why is there such an epic update?

Somehow, after all these years, they managed to pull me back in.

That multi-year bump haha

Ive gotten back into it. It certainly is more expensive but the gold tickets even it out once you get enough floors. Back into this heavy

Yeah I'm back as well, love me some new floors. Totally hilarious that you can prestige in Tiny Tower now, haha.

The reward is definitely not worth it though. While I'd love some golden tickets, only getting four for a 200-floor tower that took me years to put together, staffed almost entirely by 9-rated dream jobbers, it's quite a lot to sacrifice.

The new economy balance seems okay to me. There's no more unlimited Bux supply but it's not a big deal since Bux still aren't really essential for anything at all. Missions giving 100 a go is pretty good. You're better off using an Estate Agent, upgrading the Bitizen a bit with Bux and then using a celebrity to create the maxed-out dream jobber you need, and it's probably way quicker than the old totally-random method, even if it was effectively "free" back then. Think I prefer it this way.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Haha. I follow the Dev on Twitter and have been tempted to redownload this again. I bet it still has my save file on the cloud. But I'd totally start over.

However I do think it's time to remove Miitomo.

Top Bottom