• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(06-30-2011, 09:07 PM)
Takao's Avatar
US Trailer
Japan Expo EU Trailer

Here's an interview with Spike staff that confirms GT characters alongside other things. They look younger than I'd expect them to be. The interview also confirms there won't be Dragon Ball characters in this game, as well as having giant characters being locked as NPCs.














Japan Expo Gameplay Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lhjZSxhXSM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGhkzQ5Vj3U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6u4C...el_video_title

Formerly Project Age 2011.

Release date is set for October 25, 2011 in North America.
Last edited by Takao; 07-06-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Beth Cyra
Member
(06-30-2011, 09:10 PM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar
Looks alright. Honestly thought the last Raging Blast left a bad taste in my mouth so I don't know if I will get this.

A side note though, everytime I see that Namco Bandai logo and it's followed by a fighting game that isn't Extreme VS my heart breaks a little more.
Dedication Through Light
Member
(06-30-2011, 09:11 PM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar
Fantastic name, the trailer kind of convinces me to seek it as my first entry into the Dragon Ball Z franchise since I never seem to have got far in its other properties.
Malajax
Member
(06-30-2011, 09:31 PM)
Malajax's Avatar
Looks just like... every other DBZ game.

The change from generations really hasn't phased these games at all. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 looks just as good, if not better, than this game and that came out almost 5 years ago.
perfectnight
Banned
(06-30-2011, 09:32 PM)
perfectnight's Avatar
Shit, those graphics are nice. I am a sucker for these games and I will definitely be buying this when the price drops.
WrenchNinja
Member
(06-30-2011, 09:33 PM)
WrenchNinja's Avatar
Spike again? Where is DIMPS?
ACESmkII
Member
(06-30-2011, 09:35 PM)
ACESmkII's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crewnh

Spike again? Where is DIMPS?

Working on Saint Seiya for PS360
SolidSnakex
Member
(06-30-2011, 09:37 PM)
SolidSnakex's Avatar

Originally Posted by ACESmkII

Working on Saint Saiya for PS360

Isn't that a PS3 only game?
ACESmkII
Member
(06-30-2011, 09:40 PM)
ACESmkII's Avatar

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

Isn't that a PS3 only game?

Yes, my bad
X-Frame
Member
(06-30-2011, 09:53 PM)
X-Frame's Avatar
How are people still buying these games?

It's worse than those that buy Madden and such each year, since here they've been reducing characters and story and just slightly improving visuals and combat.

I would hope sooner or later whoever is in charge of this DB license stops with the yearly BS and takes 2-3 years to develop a true current-ten engine with new combat, physics, features, etc.

That trailer still has animations from BT1.
StalkerUKCG
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:01 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar
Goram Dragonball games!

Day 1 for me, i just pray to god it goes from dbz to the end of gt with a huge roster, too many reboots and half games this generation for the franchise.

Also a large chunk of what if? scenarios and what if characters would be nice, ssj3 broly and ssj3 vegeta return would be nice, but how about ssj4 trunks and things like that.

Nothing above ssj4 however i dont wanna get into fan fiction crap to much.

DBZ cycle

1 Announcement
2 Hype
3 Scans leak
4 Hype
5 Game Ships
6 Disappointment
7 See 1.
SMT
this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
(06-30-2011, 10:03 PM)
SMT's Avatar
Will you hate me if I say this looks like every other DragonBall Z fighting game of recent times?

Seriously, this was one of the animes that helped me appreciate Japanese media as a kid.

I own the great majority of DragonBall Z games, and have tried all of them at least once.

I'm not impressed by this trailer.

The last good DragonBall Z game was Super Dragon Ball Z Arcade.

I hope Bandai/Namco can turn the things around.

I don't think there was much buzz about this game during E3, I was looking for some updates, couldn't find any.

Maybe at TGS?
Desmond
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:08 PM)
Desmond's Avatar
Don't like the art style, make it more anime like. Why can't they have a game starting with DB not just Z?
Big One
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:09 PM)
Big One's Avatar
If they're following from Tenkaichi hopefully this'll be Tenkaichi 4 in concept. All I want is a DB game that takes that roster, and continues to add more. The last three DB games have had lesser rosters and it really frustrates me.
StalkerUKCG
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:11 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Desmond

Don't like the art style, make it more anime like. Why can't they have a game starting with DB not just Z?

Sadly (or maybe not so sadly) many of the fanbase starts and stops with Z. GT gets alot of hate (some of it undeserved) and DB dosnt have the pace, scale or flare that DBZ had so again alot of the fan base avoid it.

I prefer Z but i have zero problems with DB and only a few with GT (crappy plots too much filler bad writing, lack of dbz feel ect).
KeioSquad2
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:12 PM)
KeioSquad2's Avatar

Originally Posted by SMT

Will you hate me if I say this looks like every other DragonBall Z fighting game of recent times?

Seriously, this was one of the animes that helped me appreciate Japanese media as a kid.

I own the great majority of DragonBall Z games, and have tried all of them at least once.

I'm not impressed by this trailer.

The last good DragonBall Z game was Super Dragon Ball Z Arcade.

I hope Bandai/Namco can turn the things around.

I don't think there was much buzz about this game during E3, I was looking for some updates, couldn't find any.

Maybe at TGS?


A lot of people say this, and i say their dead wrong!!!! Super dbz was trash for fighting games and trash for dbz games. The last good dbz game was attack of the saiyans on ds, most recently ultimate buhtohden for ds, and tenkaichi 2 for ps2.....
Kai Dracon
Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
(06-30-2011, 10:13 PM)
Kai Dracon's Avatar
Personally, I thought Dragonball Kai Ultimate Butouden for the DS was the freshest DBZ game I'd seen in a while. Yeah, it's still import only right now, but at least OG DS is region free... ah-heh.

Really nice fighting system in that one, feels wonderful, and the environments have an inventive, lively feel the typical DBZ game enviros really lack.
kodt
Banned
(06-30-2011, 10:18 PM)
kodt's Avatar

Originally Posted by Big One

If they're following from Tenkaichi hopefully this'll be Tenkaichi 4 in concept. All I want is a DB game that takes that roster, and continues to add more. The last three DB games have had lesser rosters and it really frustrates me.

I agree.

I really liked the Tenkaichi games, feels like DBZ game should. There is no excuse for them to release it with fewer characters than Tenkaichi 3.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(06-30-2011, 10:18 PM)
Data West's Avatar
I'd prefer DW Gundam with DBZ characters
Big One
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:19 PM)
Big One's Avatar

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

Sadly (or maybe not so sadly) many of the fanbase starts and stops with Z. GT gets alot of hate (some of it undeserved) and DB dosnt have the pace, scale or flare that DBZ had so again alot of the fan base avoid it.

I prefer Z but i have zero problems with DB and only a few with GT (crappy plots too much filler bad writing, lack of dbz feel ect).

Well I think Tenkaichi Budokai 3 easily had pretty great representation. Despite missing some characters, what you would expect is all there. The only thing it's missing is Oolong, Drum, Mr. Popo, Teenage Yamcha and a few others.
KeioSquad2
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:20 PM)
KeioSquad2's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaijima

Personally, I thought Dragonball Kai Ultimate Butouden for the DS was the freshest DBZ game I'd seen in a while. Yeah, it's still import only right now, but at least OG DS is region free... ah-heh.

Really nice fighting system in that one, feels wonderful, and the environments have an inventive, lively feel the typical DBZ game enviros really lack.

Agree for fighting games....
StalkerUKCG
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:20 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by kodt

I agree.

I really liked the Tenkaichi games, feels like DBZ game should. There is no excuse for them to release it with fewer characters than Tenkaichi 3.

+1, less characters than its counterpart from the previous generation just stinks of laziness and obvious milking tactics. too bad burst limit and raging blast didnt do fantastic in sales and so someone decided another reboot was needed. which they most likely plan to take on the trilogy root and give us bare bones here.
Palette Swap
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:24 PM)
Palette Swap's Avatar
Loved the Tenkaichi series. Hated pretty much every other game. This does look good.
Now, my unreasonable list of demands:
- bring back character and costume wear and tear
- have as many characters as T2 at least
- have the original music
StalkerUKCG
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:26 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palette Swap

Loved the Tenkaichi series. Hated pretty much every other game. This does look good.
Now, my unreasonable list of demands:
- bring back character and costume wear and tear
- have as many characters as T2 at least
- have the original music

By no means unreasonable, not going to happen due to lazy development but not unreasonable.
KageMaru
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:27 PM)
KageMaru's Avatar
If this controls as bad as the last DBZ game, then it won't be worth a rental IMO.

Wish CC2 would take a crack at this franchise for once, would love to see what they could pull off.

I also wish they would stop with the fighters and make a RPG. Loved DBZ: Legend of the Super Saiyan on the SNES, despite it's flaws.
KeioSquad2
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:29 PM)
KeioSquad2's Avatar

Originally Posted by KageMaru

If this controls as bad as the last DBZ game, then it won't be worth a rental IMO.

Wish CC2 would take a crack at this franchise for once, would love to see what they could pull off.

I also wish they would stop with the fighters and make a RPG. Loved DBZ: Legend of the Super Saiyan on the SNES, despite it's flaws.

There is one, it's called attack of the saiyan and it's awesome. By Monolithsoft, has the same engine as super robot taisen og saga....
Gravijah
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:36 PM)
Gravijah's Avatar
How does Raging Blast 2 compare to Tenkaichi 2?
dragonflys545
Junior Member
(06-30-2011, 10:40 PM)
dragonflys545's Avatar
I'm glad i didn't pick up Raging Blast 2. But this however is going to be Day 1 for me as long as they have a story mode.
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(06-30-2011, 10:43 PM)
Takao's Avatar
Updated the OP with a metric tonne of stuff. The Japan Expo is very different from the one we got, and is worth checking out. As are the gameplay videos.

Originally Posted by Palette Swap

Loved the Tenkaichi series. Hated pretty much every other game. This does look good.
Now, my unreasonable list of demands:
- bring back character and costume wear and tear
- have as many characters as T2 at least
- have the original music

The Raging Blast/Sparking games do contain the Japanese TV show score. They're just usually replaced for international release. However, at Japan Expo players are saying it's the Kikuchi score, and that Scamco reps said it would be in the Western release.

Wear and tear is in this one as well.

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

Day 1 for me, i just pray to god it goes from dbz to the end of gt with a huge roster, too many reboots and half games this generation for the franchise.

Scamco reps said GT characters will be in this one. Hopefully DB as well.

Originally Posted by SMT

I don't think there was much buzz about this game during E3, I was looking for some updates, couldn't find any.

It wasn't at E3 at all.

Originally Posted by KageMaru

If this controls as bad as the last DBZ game, then it won't be worth a rental IMO.

Controls have been completely overhauled. They're now accessible to people, and those who've mastered RB2's stuff with have to learn this new style.
FreeMufasa
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:43 PM)
FreeMufasa's Avatar
Looks ok.

I still think i'm going to pick up Tenkaichi 3 and Infinite World and call it a day with DBZ. As someone else mentioned, the graphics got really close to the anime last gen so what we see now doesn't look like much of an improvement. And unless they extend the series, it's only down hill in terms of content (T3).

Quick OT question. From what i've read most reviewers gave Budokai 3 great reviews and slammed the hell out of Infinite World. From what i've seen, they practically look the same. is the gameplay really that much different? I'm only really talking about the core gameplay and not all the other fluff.
Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(06-30-2011, 10:45 PM)
Slayven's Avatar
How about some original characters?
Wazzim
Banned
(06-30-2011, 10:45 PM)
Wazzim's Avatar
Is that capsule thing for people who pre-order it?
EDIT: Read it again and yes, seams to be for pre-order. I hope it counts for the whole of Europe.
StalkerUKCG
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:47 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar
GT character confirmation turns this from day 1 into preorder LE first chance i get then get it shipped early for day -0 fun times.
Raw64life
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:49 PM)
Raw64life's Avatar
I've been in a near decade long cycle of being interested every time I read about a new DBZ game coming out only to end up not buying it when it comes out. I've still yet to buy a single one. Probably a combination of the games usually being disappointing and them always coming out during the holiday season when there are plenty of games more worth my time.
Danny 117
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:51 PM)
Danny 117's Avatar

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

GT character confirmation turns this from day 1 into preorder LE first chance i get then get it shipped early for day -0 fun times.

Was GT confirmed or are you saying IF GT is confirmed you'll get LE?
Wazzim
Banned
(06-30-2011, 10:56 PM)
Wazzim's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raw64life

I've been in a near decade long cycle of being interested every time I read about a new DBZ game coming out only to end up not buying it when it comes out. I've still yet to buy a single one. Probably a combination of the games usually being disappointing and them always coming out during the holiday season when there are plenty of games more worth my time.

Haha I had that too in the recent years but I just need to get that capsule pre-order gift. I am a sucker for that kind of swag.
StalkerUKCG
Member
(06-30-2011, 10:59 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Danny 117

Was GT confirmed or are you saying IF GT is confirmed you'll get LE?

Originally Posted by Takao

Scamco reps said GT characters will be in this one. Hopefully DB as well.

Takao said so, id imagine due to his small info dump he has been following this.
Danny 117
Member
(06-30-2011, 11:01 PM)
Danny 117's Avatar

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

Takao said so, id imagine due to his small info dump he has been following this.

Holy hell.
Urban Scholar
Member
(06-30-2011, 11:01 PM)
Urban Scholar's Avatar
I wonder if the title after this will be that sweet looking arcade game.
Triple Da G.O.D!
Member
(06-30-2011, 11:05 PM)
Triple Da G.O.D!'s Avatar
Is this the game I finally get to play as Rilldo? And why isn't this game Burst Limit 2?
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(06-30-2011, 11:05 PM)
Takao's Avatar

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

Takao said so, id imagine due to his small info dump he has been following this.

Yes, the game is being showcased at Japan Expo in France. We've been getting a tonne of information from there. I encourage checking out the Japan Expo trailer I linked to in the OP, as it's very different from anything we've seen from Spike in terms of raw scale.
StalkerUKCG
Member
(06-30-2011, 11:08 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar
Just checked the other trailer out its looking great, Iv just noticed a new member of the freiza family and ssj bardock have been annouced or leaked for DB heros. hopefully they make their way to Ultimate Tenkaichi
Big One
Member
(06-30-2011, 11:15 PM)
Big One's Avatar
Meh I won't care about GT characters till they do something different like add in all of the Shadow Dragons. Easily the best of the GT villain alumni.
SykoTech
Member
(06-30-2011, 11:52 PM)
SykoTech's Avatar
Looks alright. Been craving a solid DBZ game recently, and this is looking better than Spike's previous ones. Hope it turns out good.
SMT
this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
(07-01-2011, 01:34 AM)
SMT's Avatar

Originally Posted by KeioSquad2

A lot of people say this, and i say their dead wrong!!!! Super dbz was trash for fighting games and trash for dbz games. The last good dbz game was attack of the saiyans on ds, most recently ultimate buhtohden for ds, and tenkaichi 2 for ps2.....

Originally Posted by Kaijima

Personally, I thought Dragonball Kai Ultimate Butouden for the DS was the freshest DBZ game I'd seen in a while. Yeah, it's still import only right now, but at least OG DS is region free... ah-heh. Really nice fighting system in that one, feels wonderful, and the environments have an inventive, lively feel the typical DBZ game enviros really lack.

Well KeioSquad, it may be true that I overlooked attack of the saiyans, but I am looking for a fighting game. Attack of the Saiyans reminds of me the old DB Goku RPG, that was cool. I definitely had a lot of fun playing Tenkaichi 2 as well, though I didn't find it very fresh like I did with Super DBZ.

Perhaps Kajima, however I have not played Butouden yet as I am situated in Canada, and I haven't taken any Japanese courses yet.
TheOGB
Shots Shots Shots
(07-01-2011, 01:56 AM)
TheOGB's Avatar
This is really making me start to miss the original Budokai trilogy
Eiji
Member
(07-01-2011, 01:58 AM)
Eiji's Avatar

Originally Posted by ReXXXSoprano

Is this the game I finally get to play as Rilldo?

Rildo vs Super Buu :D
StalkerUKCG
Member
(07-01-2011, 02:01 AM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Eiji

Rildo vs Super Buu :D

Screw Rildo


Baby vs Buu

Snaku
Sperm Receptacle
(07-01-2011, 02:14 AM)
Snaku's Avatar
Looks alright, and I can't really complain about being burned out on the Tenkaichi styled games since I skipped the last two. But I'd much prefer a Burst Limit 2.
Anth0ny
Member
(07-01-2011, 02:17 AM)
Anth0ny's Avatar
Budokai 4 with Tenkaichi 3 amount of characters= game of the forever

Didn't really enjoy the Sparking or Raging Blast games. they got me to buy Raging Blast 2 because of the OVA, I'm not about to buy another game just to play the Saiyan saga, Freeza saga, Cell saga... and this is coming from a guy who owns the anime and manga multiple times over.

Thread Tools