• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I wonder if this means we'll all be disappointed when GTA V is revealed:|

Is it worth bumping up to the latest patch if I'm using the 1.2 version of the mod? Do they work well, or would I be better off just getting 1.25 and the latest patch?

I'd like good performance but I also like to keep the effects if they make a better picture.

HooYaH

loblaw said:
Having the same problem. Except my game is crashing, not crushing.

It will crash if you have evga precision, msi afterburner, fraps, or d3doveridder turned on. ENB doesn't like any of those things.

UrbanRats

Installed 1.25 on EFLC (ballad of gay tony, specifically).
Still the red sky thing.. at night it's annoying, and in the day, it's like glitch, when you move the camera, sometimes the sky will flash red.
Also, how do i tone down the car headlights? they're like a supernova level of brightness.
And how do i choose between the various DoF options? (Bokeh and the other).
Otherwise, it looks great.

Sethos

Banned
Not having any problems, not sure why the red night sky is considered a bug? It's looks stunning in my opinion and there's some nights where it's still black, depends on how sunny it is / was during the day I assume?

But as I said, I went back to the 1.2 Iceshaders.fx, looks so much better.

718478387.png

762360838.png

Sethos

Banned
Sorry for the double-post but I've seen a few people ask for a savegame a while back.

Here's an old save of mine I found while looking through my backup folder(s). I can confirm it works with Xliveless and 1.0.4.0. As stated in the readme, it's just a simple completion, haven't focused too much on anything else. So it's just if you want access to all 3 islands.

Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gcsjwrb4schq477

You legend, great work.

Why do some resolutions don't work, such as 852x480? They are valid ws resolutions.I've tried many that I have found, but I get an D3D error when I start up.I have to stick to 1280x720 doubled.They game still runs smooth, but when I add enable ambient occlusion it eats half my frame rate to about 20-25fps. which isn't too bad and it's still playable.

My setup;

i7 920
win7 64bit
6gb ram
geforce 5700gtx.

I either play on my full hd set, or on my pc monitor which is 1600x900.

What would be the best resolution to run at?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Damn sethos, we need details on those screenshots you just posted.

Hardware? GTA4 version? Resolution?

That looks fucking outstanding.

UrbanRats

not sure why the red night sky is considered a bug?
The red sky at night is not a bug, i just don't like it, personally.
Though there's a glitch in the day (when the sky is light blue) that makes the sky flashes with a bright red, sometimes.

Anyway, still noone know how to tone down the car's lights?

Sethos

Banned
UrbanRats said:
Though there's a glitch in the day (when the sky is light blue) that makes the sky flashes with a bright red, sometimes.

Played with iCenhancer for a ton of hours now and haven't seen that. Sounds like a GPU issue, driver or otherwise on your end.

evlcookie said:
Damn sethos, we need details on those screenshots you just posted.

Hardware? GTA4 version? Resolution?

That looks fucking outstanding.

That's 1.0.4.0 with Ice 1.2.5 and the Iceshaders.fx from 1.2 and that's it.

Running most of my settings maxed at 1920x1080, especially shadows on Very High gives you some nice, crisp shadows - Any setting below that will just muck them up.

i7 940 @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3
GTX 580 OC'd

and getting around 40 or so FPS when driving around with those settings and 46 avg. FPS in the benchmark. So it definitely is considered playable.

What's the resolution you put in the config file.If I put in 1920x1080p with AA it will double it, and I assume you're using AA in pics you posted.

Sethos

Banned
flipswitch said:
What's the resolution you put in the config file.If I put in 1920x1080p with AA it will double it, and I assume you're using AA in pics you posted.

I haven't touched the config file whatsoever, so whatever is default, that's what I'm using.

Obviously I downsampled the pictures so that helped but I don't find the jaggies too bad in-game either.

Symphonic

Got it working by validating files.

E4DE1F81627691C9BAD8F7D22A134382E629E90B

Looks pretty damn good, but the 1.0.7.0 version is definitely missing a lot of the features.

Pardon the standard res, working on getting a new monitor.

UrbanRats

Sethos said:
Played with iCenhancer for a ton of hours now and haven't seen that. Sounds like a GPU issue, driver or otherwise on your end.
I don't doubt it, it's not like i'm accusing him of something.. just to be clear.
I'm just saying i have the glitch. :)

Mohonky

There is so many variations going now, some saying you can use it without xliveless, some saying you have too, so many different configs etc etc.

I'm massively confused.

To clarify:

1.0.7.0 Steam version of GTA IV works, but is missing features.
1.0.4.0 Steam patch + xliveless is still the preferred
You can NOT get achievements with these mods turned on?

I'm looking at MXGT's shots of GTA IV with ICEhancer125 (which I assume is steam?) and it looks pretty good to me, again, is this with or without xliveless?

I'm just getting very confused on which way to go.

I'd like to try and maintain achievements.
I'd like to avoid as much dicking about as possible, as I am useless with this stuff.

Sethos

Banned
Few more

821099278.png

991221523.png

On closer inspection, it does appear like 1.2.5 has knocked out Better City Textures, doesn't seem to be in effect?

Reynbow

Neo Member
I remember reading how to turn the film grain effect off but I can't find where I read it. Anyone enlighten me please?

EDIT: Nevermind! Found it in the options.txt

Sethos

Banned
Okay heads up people, the mod replaced the file handling the textures, so you need to install the texture mod(s) again.

106165745.png

674300425.png

AusQB

Just tried with 1.0.7.0 and was thoroughly disappointed. Felt like vanilla with lens flare.

Going to revert to 1.0.4.0.

AusQB

evlcookie said:
Overall performance isn't a big increase for me with the latest patch and icenhancer 1.25. I might get 5 or 6fps but when it's still under 30 for most of the time, It's kinda lame. I might reinstall and just go straight to 1.0.7 along with dpeasants or ice's configs, depending on which one seems the best.
This confuses me.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
I reinstalled GTA4 just for this, realized I have a dual core... Why bother? I'll just play again with a 15fps average... Thought about upgrading from this e7500 to a quad core, but paying for an LGA775 upgrade seems like such a waste when I might just be better off building a whole new rig anyway. Every other game runs beautifully anyway.

So I'll just drool at all these screenshots

AusQB

evlcookie said:
Why? The latest gta patch is 1.0.7.
I know, but what I gathered from your post is that you were running 1.0.7 with iCE 1.25 and getting minor performance increase and then you said you were going to reinstall and patch to 1.0.7.

Maybe I missed something.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
AusQB said:
I know, but what I gathered from your post is that you were running 1.0.7 with iCE 1.25 and getting minor performance increase and then you said you were going to reinstall and patch to 1.0.7.

Maybe I missed something.

Oh. Probably because i've used other mods as well. Just me wondering if there's a conflict that could be giving me less of a performance increase than I should be getting.

I highly doubt that's the case but a clean install would just be nice to have.

ZippyB

Neo Member
The biggest improvement is the trees and plants. These just look like cardboard cutouts on the PS3 (and just pop up out of nowhere).

AusQB

I'm very happy with it, but I'm getting a lot of flickering. Sometimes they're just small little dots but sometimes it's almost the entire screen that flashes black for a millisecond.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Ether_Snake said:
I wonder if this means we'll all be disappointed when GTA V is revealed:|

I still think it's a long ways off.

By the way, can anyone tell me if you can play GTA IV online even with the xliveless.dll?

n0n44m

just tried it with EFLC ... still a bit buggy I guess

first of all everything looks radioactive, figured it was a bloom issue but when I turned that off it hardly changed anything ... at one point it got so bad my entire screen was just white and orange lol

when I enable AA by forcing it in the config it looks really great, but the menu and HUD show only a corner of the screen as they dont seem to scale, so my crosshair for example is in the bottom right of the screen

also saw the red sky flash a couple of times

still have to say it already looks nice, but I think I'll just play EFLC with regular graphics and do a 1.0.4.0 GTA4 install for this mod (when I've freed some space on my SSD lol)

GTX480 with latest drivers btw

Darklord

Banned
Can you actually play with it down sampled or super sampled? Or is that just for screenshot purposes?

Do all the mods work for both GTA4 and EFLC? When I get my new card I'd prefer to buy EFLC but not if I can't use half the mods.

mr_nothin

Banned
Darklord said:
Can you actually play with it down sampled or super sampled? Or is that just for screenshot purposes?

Do all the mods work for both GTA4 and EFLC? When I get my new card I'd prefer to buy EFLC but not if I can't use half the mods.
You can play it Supersampled in-game. I get anywhere from 20-60fps when it's enabled though. I have a config that's basically just for screenshots though lol...that runs about 10fps.
Chinner said:
what kind of specs do you guys have?
AMD Phenom II X4 955 OC'd to 4.1ghz
8GB RAM @ pc2200
Geforce 570 OC'd
120gb OCZ Vertex SSD

Top Bottom