• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Comic-Con Announcement: Canon Female Shepard Appearance Vote

Is he actually bulky or is he just wearing bulky armor? Certainly that's possible, since all armor suits are sorts of power armor in ME. Guess we'll find out when he sneaks up to the Captain's quarters for the priiiize.

dragonknight337

Neo Member
Ash, looking banging as ever <3
Really hoping I can finally hit it on my FemShep

I want a mohawk for my Shep :(

And after 4 years... I may have to finally do a Kaiden playthrough... maybe

DatBreh

Banned
Derrick01 said:
I don't know about you but whether it was on tv or in real life, I have never seen anyone with that hairstyle that was not an enormous douchebag. Lots of bros in jersey and nyc have that style and that's why everyone's shouting dudebro.

Plus he looks like a bulkier Sev from Killzone.

So maybe he will be a douchebag in the game, im sure the future will have no shortage of those as well. He will most likely be the brute, heavy weapon person in the group. I wouldnt expect someone like that to show up wearing slender stylish armor.

X26

Banned
damn that's nice said:
I can't be the only one that thinks Mass Effect 3 looks a little too similar to the first two...

-----------------------
28iu5jp.jpg

...are you actually posting that signature everytime you post?

Wallach

CharmingCharlie said:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/7793557&lf=8

So make of that what you will. There has been a fair amount of negative feedback regarding the picture so far. No doubt Bioware will totally ignore it and carry on regardless.

So long as they buzz his hair or something, I'd be fine with him. Or, at the very least have all the characters make fun of his shitty hair throughout the game. That would actually be entertaining.

This is the first real thing I hate about Mass effect 3. Vega. WTF, It make Kaidan look awesome in comparison.
Can I recruit Kaidan, name him Vega an make the bulky one as if he was the one that dies in Virmire?

TheMan

I'm sure others have already commented on the fauxhawks, but goddamn I hate that hairstyle. Keep that shit out of my space opera PLEASE.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DatBreh said:
Its bad character design for him to have a haircut humans wear presently? Would it be better if he had generic white guy haircut no. 4? Or were you expecting some Cloud Strife level hair?

Absolutely, and I've been demanding that since the first game.

If I can't have Cloud, at least give me a character who doesn't look like he'd blend in perfectly with the cast of Jersey Shore. It goes a bit deeper than his stupid haircut, though. Between the gorilla face, the oversized muscles, and the stupid haircut, he's about as uninspired and drab as character design can get. He's virtually interchangeable with dozens of other lousy videogame characters in recent memory.

It's disappointing because there probably isn't room for more than a few new squadmates, and I think most of us would rather see Bioware take advantage of all the awesome alien races they've created instead of wasting one of those slots on what appears to be a completely unremarkable character. Despite all their blunders of late, I still expect more of Bioware than that.

More importantly, it's quite clear that he exists as part of a bigger picture, Bioware are chasing an audience that *seemingly* want characters like that, which is a shame for the rest of us.

I wish there was some option to have Miranda/Legion/Tali retrieve the information used for the Lazerus project. I'd be bringing back Jenkins!

Na6fh.jpg

AGdyw.jpg

There's a human soldier I would have on my team!

edit: lol, Confidence man.
: (

Wallach

Snuggler said:

If I can't have Cloud, at least give me a character who doesn't look like he'd blend in perfectly with the cast of Jersey Shore. It goes a bit deeper than his stupid haircut, though. Between the gorilla face, the oversized muscles, and the stupid haircut, he's about as uninspired and drab as character design can get. He's virtually interchangeable with dozens of other lousy videogame characters in recent memory.

It's disappointing because there probably isn't room for more than a few new squadmates, and I think most of us would rather see Bioware take advantage of all the awesome alien races they've created instead of wasting one of those slots on what appears to be a completely unremarkable character.

Well, I don't know man. I mean, Ashley from the first game is about as boring as you can get as far as actual art goes. If you only ever looked at a couple still images of her, there's not a single remarkable thing about her really. She's still a very good character.

Whether he has a shitty haircut or not isn't going to determine whether he's actually a bad character, so I'm willing to let it rock if they have any confidence in it. I'm not going to complain if they've buzzed him in the final game, though.

damn that's nice

Snuggler said:

It's disappointing because there probably isn't room for more than a few new squadmates, and I think most of us would rather see Bioware take advantage of all the awesome alien races they've created instead of wasting one of those slots on what appears to be a completely unremarkable character. Despite all their blunders of late, I still expect more of Bioware than that.

More importantly, it's quite clear that he exists as part of a bigger picture, Bioware are chasing an audience that *seemingly* want characters like that, which is a shame for the rest of us.
what you guys do to get .gif avatar and avatar quotes turned off

-----------------------
28iu5jp.jpg

DatBreh

Banned
Wallach said:
Well, I don't know man. I mean, Ashley from the first game is about as boring as you can get as far as actual art goes. If you only ever looked at a couple still images of her, there's not a single remarkable thing about her really. She's still a very good character.

Whether he has a shitty haircut or not isn't going to determine whether he's actually a bad character, so I'm willing to let it rock if they have any confidence in it. I'm not going to complain if they've buzzed him in the final game, though.

Exactly, both her and Kaidan were the epitome of generic design in the first game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wallach said:

True, and I'm being a bit presumptuous, but I guess I'm getting more cynical by the day and I have a hard time believing that he'll have a personality that rises above his character design.

We'll see. Hopefully they'll at least throw us an Elcor or something to make up for it.

damn thats nice said:

The jerks with bad animated avatars ruined it for the rest of us.

edgefusion

snoopeasystreet said:
He looks like Ronnie from jersey shore. Hopefully he'll be the voice actor.

Dammit, you just ruined him for me! He looks exactly like Ronnie from Jersey Shore. Arghhhh!

He even has the same hair:
281x211.jpg

Qwomo

benzy said:
Ashley got a bad nose job and lip injections. Why would they mess with the original character model?
It's pretty obvious why they did it.

The Mass Effect games are getting progressively more and more LOL TITS AND GUNS-y.

Wallach said:
If you only ever looked at a couple still images of her, there's not a single remarkable thing about her really. She's still a very good character.
I think that's probably why I enjoyed her so much in the first game. (I know, I know- double standard) She's not memorable like Miranda because of her sex appeal, she had a controversial personality and belief structure unlike the other characters. Who she was became more important that her looks. Not that you aren't aware of it, but it was great having a lead female character that felt like she had a reason to be there beyond "look at my junk!"

I still think her default armor was freaking awesome looking.

edit:
damn that's nice said:

-----------------------
http://oi56.tinypic.com/28iu5jp.jpg
damn that's nice annoying

Wallach

Her lips look the same. Her nose got wider, though. I'm not sure people go to plastic surgeons to get wider noses.

I think it's just me, but that looks like Kaiden with a Jersey Shore/Johny Knoxville haircut and a five o'clock shadow. Also, I don't care about that speciesist, racist Ashley. Wrex>tits. Bros before ho's.

Jezan

How many years passed from ME1 to ME3, Kaidan and Ashley look older , I mean like ugly old :( And the Vega dude is very ... weird

edgefusion said:
My male Shep would happily bone both of those men and if he's happy, I am happy.
Mine would only do Kaidan, ok not would but will!

Do you remember anything noteworthy Kaiden did in ME1? That shit about the L2 implants was as forgettable as Cpl. Jenkins.

Ashley on the other hand, does poetry, talks about her sisters, is racist, and
kills Wrex.

Chinner said:
5. Redesign of Ashley to make her SUPERHOT WOMAN I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH

PSSSSSHH! You make Ashley sound like The British Iraq War Document; ALL SEXED UP!

Ashley was always, is always and will always be number one!

14muozp.jpg

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
snoopeasystreet said:
He looks like Ronnie from jersey shore. Hopefully he'll be the voice actor.
id be down for that.

actually if the whole crew were jersey shore id be down for that

DatBreh said:
Exactly, both her and Kaidan were the epitome of generic design in the first game.

The human armor designs in ME1 all looked like that.

Now that each character has a fixed design they can make them look more unique.

Hasphat'sAnts said:
Do you remember anything noteworthy Kaiden did in ME1? That shit about the L2 implants was as forgettable as Cpl. Jenkins.
It's a shame, too, that it wasn't presented better.
As often as the L2 and biotics stuff came up during ME1, they could have had a much more effective execution of those themes. I don't really blame Kaidan's voice actor (it was still kind of bland), but it could have been a really great theme. It's pretty much been dropped entirely, outside of Jack's loyalty mission.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
oh my god

what the fuck bioware

what the fuuuck

Ezalc

Also, did Bioware say anything about Kasumi and Zaeed in ME3? I haven't exactly kept up on the news for this game, as I'm sure people could tell by my earlier question of who the new douchebag was.

EDIT: Thank you mods.

Ezalc said:
The fuck is this shit? If you had to pic a terrible picture could you at least pic one that isn't obnoxiously big, could be made in paint in five minutes, or wasn't just all around terrible?

Also, did Bioware say anything about Kasumi and Zaeed in ME3? I haven't exactly kept up on the news for this game, as I'm sure people could tell by my earlier question of who the new douchebag was.

Probably cameos. They've confirmed Mordin, Garrus, Tali, and Jack iirc. Miranda & Wrex in some other capacity.

Wallach

Fimbulvetr said:

Right. I don't mind Kaidan's armor at all. He is a Sentinel after all, so I think it's more fitting to have him in medium level armor.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Hasphat'sAnts said:
"Awwwwww Yeahh!"

Fuck me.

*normandy rolls up*

"CAB'S HERE. THE CAB'S HERE"

*snooki gets K.O'd*

"waaaaaaaaah"

*about to head into battle*

"ITS T SHIRT TIME"

*reapers arrive*

"we got ourselves a situation"

DatBreh

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:

Not just armor but their face, hair, and voice as well. Kaiden is about as generic a white male as you can get.

Wallach said:
Right. I don't mind Kaidan's armor at all. He is a Sentinel after all, so I think it's more fitting to have him in medium level armor.

Nothing wrong with the costume. Except his jaw couldn't be more Cap'n-America-squarer, and his chin couldn't be more Tom-Brady-cleft-ier.

MrMephistoX

Ah Mass Effect 3 threads. I don't recall story based sequences being featured in ME2 pre-game coverage either. Were people losing their shit to this degree pre ME2?

Ezalc

Hasphat'sAnts said:
Probably cameos. They've confirmed Mordin, Garrus, Tali, and Jack iirc. Miranda & Wrex in some other capacity.

Ugh after discovering that there will not be any new romance options in this game like Kasumi or Samara. The least they could do is allow me to stare at Kasumi's ass on missions damn it.

Top Bottom