• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age 2: Legacy DLC Revealed - [Trailer/Screens]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm not sure if anyone is interested in the DLC, but hey, I'm sure people will find some use for this thread.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epPFum6Ig9M&hd=1

BioWare said:
Description:

Targeted by a vicious criminal cartel that are hunting "the blood of the Hawke," you must put an end to their relentless attacks. Leave Kirkwall, and journey to an ancient Grey Warden prison in order to find the source of the aggression and uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage. Playable from any point in the DAII campaign, face all new darkspawn, forge a powerful new weapon and come face to face with an ancient horror.

Features:

-Uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage
-Adventure through several new locations including a prison constructed by the Grey Wardens
-Obtain a powerful class-specific weapon to which you can apply upgrades of your choice

Details:

Release Date: July 26, 2011
Platforms & Pricing:
Playstation 3 - $9.99
PC/MAC - 800 BioWare Points
Xbox 360 - 800 Microsoft Points

Screens:

636266_20110707_screen001.jpg

636266_20110707_screen003.jpg

636266_20110707_screen002.jpg

636266_20110707_screen004.jpg

636266_20110707_screen005.jpg

screenshot-70-legacy_trap-p.jpg

screenshot-68-legacy_corypheus-p.jpg

Vamphuntr

ShockingAlberto said:
Looks like the apartment you confront the person you suspect to be the killer

Or the generic warehouse you go often in. Pretty sure it's the same one used for one of Isabella's quest.

I've just gotten to the point where I washed this game out of my mind only for them to come back and remind me just how god damn terrible it is.

Patryn

If they can't even release a handful of screens without showing that they're reusing a location, I have lost any hope that they really learned their lesson from DA2.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Darkspawn dude kind of looks similar to The Architect.

Starting to wonder if him and other darkspawn like this are supposed to be the old magisters that tainted the golden city.

Well... a couple areas look nice. But if that one screen really is that factory AGAIN, I will lose my shit. And man, do those floor blades look bad. Looks like somebody drew the lines they're on in MS paint.

Regardless of the quality of the DLC, the full game was still just an absolute franchise-killer for me. Bought pretty much everything for DAO, but there's almost no way I'll spend $10 on this.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Yeah, it doesn't exactly inspire renewed confidence.

I'll still play it though. I enjoyed the battle system and writing in DA2 even if the setting was one big pile of regurgitated shit.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I thought this DLC was supposed to be their "fix" and what they learned from the feedback ( or what they test for Dragon Age 3), but from the gameplay and now this trailer it seems all that was just an empty promise for the fans of DA:O.

After the gameplay ( from EA show) I officially gave up on the series, Bioware seems to not even want to admit their mistakes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll still play it though. I enjoyed the battle system and writing in DA2 even if the setting was one big pile of regurgitated shit.

"If I cannot leave with you, I'll leave through you."

Do not encourage them by suggesting that you may be grateful for the effort

:lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ceebs said:
That second to last screen looks like I have already been there!
While it uses similar assets the actual room seems new. In fact it looks like there are spinning razorblades built into the floor or something that Hawke is kicking that poor soul in to.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
they reused a location... again?

I can't believe it.

if there is ONE reused location in this DLC I doubt I'll buy anything by Bioware again (except ME3) because you can't defecate on your consumers so shamelessly.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Looks a notch above what I've seen of DA2 (I'm trying to be nice), but I'm probably not ready for something so innovative and different right now. I'd play the game for myself but the best EA could do was $35 during the Steam sale.

It'll be fun to see if they really responded to the criticisms, though.

kamspy

I still can't believe I paid $60 for that piece of shit.

There I was, ready to not buy after all the pre release bad news, but one night I'm up playing DA:O Awakenings and it was really fun. So I opened up the damn Steam client from my taskbar and preordered the son of a bitch.

I actually had some piece of hope that Bioware would give this one away as a good faith gesture to the thousands of people they burned with DA2. Nope.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Completely worth it if the ending retcons all of DAII as Hawke having a bad dream. I think thats how many of us feel anyway.

dionysus

Yaldog
subversus said:
they reused a location... again?

I can't believe it.

if there is ONE reused location in this DLC I doubt I'll buy anything by Bioware again (except ME3) because you can't defecate on your consumers so shamelessly.

Too funny. Obviously they can as you admit it in your own post.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
truly101 said:
Completely worth it if the ending retcons all of DAII as Hawke having a bad dream. I think thats how many of us feel anyway.

Mike Laidlaw : If this is a roundabout way of asking if Legacy is an item pack, it most certainly is not. It's not as big as Shadows of Undrentide, but it's DLC, not an expansion pack.

But it certainly is story driven. Some...interesting revelations in there, and we've gone to lengths to be sure you can engage with it at any point in DA II after you reach Kirkwall, including from the post-game save (which, like DA:O, takes place "just before" the events of the end game).

...yeah

I3rand0

Was auto attack ever patched in for the 360/PS3 versions? I've been meaning to getting around to playing this, but I don't want to hit A/X every second.

Tom Penny

I literally just started playing this. Seems the game play is really dumbed down. Witcher 2 also ruined almost every game I play regarding graphics.

Top Bottom