• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

wwm0nkey

Devin Olsen said:
So I am curious how you guys feel about this... If they DO make a Halo 2 and/or Halo 3 remake would you like them to handle it the same way they did for CEA (Update the campaign, throw the MP maps into the latest Halo)?
I would be fine with that as long as Halo 4 or Halo 5 had the ability to replicate Halo 2's play style and added in the weapons too.

Sean P.

Devin Olsen said:
Good Morning GAF!

Anyone up for some early morning gammmmmes?

You watched that movie because Baily and I recommended it, didn't you? 'tis a great movie

Haha well I was going to watch it anyways, but that helped. And the girl I was with wanted to watch it too.

Btw, add me on xbl haha

Devin Olsen said:
So I am curious how you guys feel about this... If they DO make a Halo 2 and/or Halo 3 remake would you like them to handle it the same way they did for CEA (Update the campaign, throw the MP maps into the latest Halo)?

I'd only really want remakes of Multiplayer maps in the future. I think 343 should be about focusing on the future of Halo rather than doing full game remakes.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Devin Olsen said:

With Halo 2 I would be fine with a Anniversary like remake. Throw in prettier graphics and online Co-op. Maybe make a map pack again. Halo 3 I don't think needs a remake. As I've said any game that was made on the 360 was already made to look good and function in HD and they do look great. So they don't need remakes unlike the first two games.

senador

Banned
Tunavi said:
Devolution SLAUGHTERS the competition after Fyrewulf took

Woo I made Top 15! This was the "MySpace" thread right? That's why Devo had so many. ;)

I would want a Halo 2 remake for campaign. For the multi it'd be cool if they could do an as-is release for those that want it, but I'd mainly want it for campaign. I think I'd rather them focus on future stuffs though. If the 720 can't play OG games then I would want it more.

Now I'm waiting that my friend picks me up at the Düsseldorf's airport. Of course the duty officers picked me and controlled my baggage. After he'd seen the whole Halo stuff he called me freak. If I hadn't been so tired, I would have called the police.

FyreWulff

Devin Olsen said:

I want to see Halo become like Rock Band, where the maps are cross compatible across the entire new trilogy. Multiplayer becomes a platform.

All DLC you buy for Halo 4 works with 5 and 6.

Halo 4 disc maps export to 5 and 6. 5's maps export to 6. etc

Especially if we're going to be seeing a new Halo every 2 years instead of 3. Why should I buy DLC when the next game is going to already be announced less than a year after the one I'm buying for? I stay away from buying CoD DLC for this exact reason, because hardcore playerbase that buys all the DLC will be well, hardcore playerbase and move onto the next game, leaving my DLC usage twisting in the wind.

It's going to be Mythic 2 all over again with any late-term DLC with a 2 year cycle.

FyreWulff said:
I want to see Halo become like Rock Band, where the maps are cross compatible across the entire new trilogy. Multiplayer becomes a platform.

Especially if we're going to be seeing a new Halo every 2 years instead of 3. Why should I buy DLC when the next game is going to already be announced less than a year after the one I'm buying for? I stay away from buying CoD DLC for this exact reason, because hardcore playerbase that buys all the DLC will be well, hardcore playerbase and move onto the next game, leaving my DLC usage twisting in the wind.

It's going to be Mythic 2 all over again with any later DLC with a 2 year cycle.
Except without the Rock Band-like dying and obsolescence.

Lyphen said:
That's precisely why I personally have a vendetta for 2/3 remakes. I don't care for either campaign, so why not just do a 'classic' map pack.

Because shock/horror some us of actually like the campaign.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
FyreWulff said:

Can't believe I'm agreeing with you but there it is. I think that would be great, if unlikely to happen.

wwm0nkey

Dani said:
Can't believe I'm agreeing with you but there it is. I think that would be great, if unlikely to happen.
More likely to happen than my Halo Map Network idea at least lol

EDIT: But yes that would be a good idea.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Dani said:

Wow. I can't believe it. I have two people who agree with me. We can make it happen. We shall march upon bung.......err....343 and force them to do it!!!

Dani said:
7QkLG.jpg

I agree the idea is good, though highly unlikely. Having songs work in different versions of Rock Band is a little less complex than having maps work in different versions of Halo.

Edit: Is Ghal awake? This topic is about to hit 20,000 posts

FyreWulff said:

I... would like that. It will never happen though. :(

GECK

best be trollin'

Counter point: Isn't 343 also partly responsible for the disaster which was the Defiant Map Pack?

I thought the point of 343 was to bleed the Halo franchise dry. Not make better Halos than Bungie.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Devin Olsen said:
http://i.imgur.com/7QkLG.jpg[IMG]

I agree the idea is good, though highly unlikely. Having songs work in different versions of Rock Band is a little less complex than having maps work in different versions of Halo.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Not if they standardized the way maps are made and handled by the games.

wwm0nkey

GECK said:
Counter point: Isn't 343 also partly responsible for the disaster which was the Defiant Map Pack?

I thought the point of 343 was to bleed the Halo franchise dry. Not make better Halos than Bungie.
ummm no.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GECK said:

Care to explain? The "disaster" seems to have bypassed everyone here. Why was it a disaster?

And yeah dude, bleeding Halo dry? Come the feck on.

wwm0nkey

PsychoRaven said:
Not really. Not if they standardized the way maps are made and handled by the games.
This would also help the remake things too if they found a way to add weapons and ect. Then we really could just get a Halo 2 remake pack and all will be fine lol

GECK said:

:lol

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Tunavi said:
It was bro slayer, they actually picked those spawns themselves.
I'll be honest, if Bro Slayer ever by some stroke of poor luck comes up during matchmaking, I just spam A during the spawn wait time anyway.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Dani said:
Care to explain? The "disaster" seems to have bypassed everyone here. Why was it a disaster?

And yeah dude, bleeding Halo dry? Come the feck on.

Yea. I don't remember any disaster. And I believe he's mistaking 343 for Microsoft. lol We all know Microsoft would if they could but luckily Bungie kept them in check a lot and 343 looks to be trying to do that even if they can be replaced at the drop of a hat.

Granted I know nothing about .map files but how in the world would dlc maps for one game/engine work in a new game/engine? Especially considering the next trilogy will be cross platform.

What about:

Fall 2011 - Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Original Halo 1 engine with a new graphics layer, NOT a remake.
- Multiplayer maps for Reach.

Holiday 2012 - Halo 4
- All new multiplayer maps. No remakes at all, aside from whatever maps people make in Forge.

Spring, Fall 2013
- A few map packs for Halo 4. Maybe one by Bungie? Maybe a remake from Halo 3 or Halo 1 (i.e. Sidewinder, The Pit, Valhalla).

Fall 2014 - Halo 2: Revisited
- An actual REMAKE using the Halo 4 engine. Follows the Halo 2 story but does not use any of the original game's assets (aside from art design, writing, etc.)
- Multiplayer uses a modified Halo 4 engine, but is not compatible with Halo 4 (like CEA is with Reach).
- Maps are pulled from Halo 2 and 3 (Coagulation, Lockout, Midship, Turf, Terminal, etc.)

Holiday 2015 - Halo 5 on the Super Xbox 720™

Edit: Oh snap, last page? bailout.gif

Halo: Reach |OT6| Just wait for the remake in 2020.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
GECK said:

• The game has been in development for a very significant time.
  • No.

At the very least it will be better than Reach and if you've been living under a rock they have an all star development team.

Captain Blood said:
Granted I know nothing about .map files but how in the world would dlc maps for one game/engine work in a new game/engine? Especially considering the next trilogy will be cross platform.
Eh, with it in mind at an early stage it could work, albeit probably not well.

GECK

Defiant was awful and no one really bought it in comparison to previous Halo DLC.

But if you actually thought those were good maps then we're obviously at a impasse.

GECK said:
Defiant was awful and no one really bought it in comparison to previous Halo DLC.

But if you actually thought those were good maps then we're obviously at a impasse.
Defiant could have been good... Highlands is really, really close to being a great map. It just needs some balance tweaking.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
wwm0nkey said:
This would also help the remake things too if they found a way to add weapons and ect. Then we really could just get a Halo 2 remake pack and all will be fine lol

Yup. Now we have to remember with the original series Bungie was working by the seat of their pants. With Halo they didn't know if it was going to be a hit or not. So it wasn't exactly planned for a sequel even though they had ideas for one.

With 2 they were rewriting the engine to enable the features we now have. Most got cut but that was why Halo 2 was not the same as the first. Then with 3 we had the switch to the 360. So again a lot of changes had to be made. With this trilogy 343 has the benefit of knowing there are going to be 2 more at least. They have the benefit of being able to standardize the technology as a result.

Course that doesn't mean they will. But we can pray to god they would.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GECK said:

I really liked the Defiant map pack. Some of the best Reach maps.

Do you have any sales figures for Defiant compared with Noble? Or you just making shit up?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
GECK said:

How many people bought it compared to previous Halo DLC?

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
GECK said:

Um you're the only person that thinks they were awful. Literally you are the only person I have ever heard say they were awful.

And holy shit. 4 posts from new OT!!!

Dani said:
Do you have any sales figures for Defiant compared with Noble? Or you just making shit up?
What he has heard from the rest of the Frontierville player base.

Tha Robbertster said:
Does anyone have a article by Bungie confirming the BR spread in Halo 3? I have a friend who refuses to believe anything like that was ever in 3.
Lul what? Here's one.

Miggytronz

GECK said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

47uLG.gif

Top Bottom