• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Racers that support driver wheel well (and feel better because of it)

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Well, I tried Burnout Paradise with Logiech G25 wheel and it's MUCH more fun than the same game but with a controller. I didn't expected it because it's an arcade game (also I didn't enjoy Paradise that much thanks to convoluted city scheme) but this game fully justified the purchase.

With some obvious must have games like Gran Turismo what other games would you recommend? So far I played NFS: Hot Pursuit on PC and was very dissapointed with how shitty it controls (but after I googled it it seems that it is a common problem).

Also I tried NFS SHift and Dirt 2 demos but it seems that only full games support wheels.

What racers do you enjoy with a wheel and what wheels do you use?

Dunan

Not exactly the same thing, but Wipeout 1, 2, and 3 became whole new games -- better ones -- when I hooked a NeGcon up to the Playstation. I absolutely love playing them with that controller.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Is it even possible to play Burnout Paradise with a wheel? Need to try it out. Dirt 2/3 has pretty good wheel support, but I'd recommend playing them with a controller anyway. And of course, GT5; it's terrific with a wheel.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Meisadragon said:
Is it even possible to play Burnout Paradise with a wheel? Need to try it out. Dirt 2/3 has pretty good wheel support, but I'd recommend playing them with a controller anyway. And of course, GT5, it's terrific with a wheel.

Why? They seem to be more on a sim side.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Dirt 3 is fantastic with a racing wheel.

It doesn't have the great force feedback that you get in GT5, but it's still much more fun than playing with a controller.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
subversus said:
Why? They seem to be more on a sim side.

Well, the handling is a little 'slippery', so it doesn't work that well. But I did play them with a wheel, and it was a decent experience. So check it out, if you want.

Shift 2 works fairly well I think, though my settings make the car fairly twitchy, especially on straight lines. I'm pretty prone to bin it when in a straight line!

Hylian7

logitech_gcn_speed_force_desk_big.jpg

I have one of these (it's for Gamecube), and one of the main games that really took full advantage of it was F-Zero GX. It was actually pretty cool to play the game with it (providing you weren't using snaking, because that sucks with this thing).

Top Bottom