• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Volcynika
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:10 AM)
Volcynika's Avatar
Just go here: http://www.nisamerica.com/games/atelier-totori/

Releases September 27th.

Then enter the site and select movies/etc section. Will edit in a YouTube link when I find one!

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAhS6GPM0WQ
Last edited by Volcynika; 07-19-2011 at 02:21 AM.
iKeepPlaying
Banned
(07-19-2011, 02:11 AM)
iKeepPlaying's Avatar
It has dual language?
xero273
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:15 AM)
xero273's Avatar
release date is 9/27
Wilsongt
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:16 AM)
Wilsongt's Avatar
Yes, please.
klee123
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:18 AM)
klee123's Avatar

Originally Posted by iKeepPlaying

It has dual language?

If Rorona is of any indication, it should be.
Busaiku
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:19 AM)
Busaiku's Avatar

Originally Posted by iKeepPlaying

It has dual language?

I only played the first Atelier Irs, but that was, so I'd assume this is too.
dili
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:21 AM)
dili's Avatar
Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAhS6GPM0WQ

Yes please.
Volcynika
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:22 AM)
Volcynika's Avatar

Originally Posted by dili

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAhS6GPM0WQ

Yes please.

Much appreciation, dili!
notworksafe
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:25 AM)
notworksafe's Avatar
Count me in! Rorona was my first Atelier game and I really enjoyed it.
InfiniteNine
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:27 AM)
InfiniteNine's Avatar

Originally Posted by iKeepPlaying

It has dual language?

Rorona was and pretty much all NISA games are dual language so I don't see why not!
The Praiseworthy
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:28 AM)
The Praiseworthy's Avatar
Looks Adorable \^o^/
iKeepPlaying
Banned
(07-19-2011, 02:29 AM)
iKeepPlaying's Avatar

Originally Posted by InfiniteNine

Rorona was and pretty much all NISA games are dual language so I don't see why not!


Originally Posted by klee123

If Rorona is of any indication, it should be.


Originally Posted by Busaiku

I only played the first Atelier Irs, but that was, so I'd assume this is too.

YES!!!
mybodyisready.jpg
dili
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:32 AM)
dili's Avatar

Originally Posted by InfiniteNine

Rorona was and pretty much all NISA games are dual language so I don't see why not!

NISA better than Atlus confirmed.
dakkumauji
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:33 AM)
dakkumauji's Avatar
Th-that only gives me less than a month to finish up Disgaea 4. D:

But, wow that's quite earlier than expected with Disgaea 4 coming out.
vall03
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:34 AM)
vall03's Avatar
and I still haven't even played Rorona yet... :(
Dedication Through Light
Member
(07-19-2011, 02:36 AM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar
Gino seemed pretty cool. Im surprised its coming same month as Disgaea.
KyteTron
Banned
(07-19-2011, 02:37 AM)
KyteTron's Avatar
Fuck yes.

Meruru September 26-28th, 2012. Calling it.
Kagari
Please understand.
(07-19-2011, 02:38 AM)
Kagari's Avatar
September is packed for Japanese game fans ><
matmanx1
Member
(07-19-2011, 03:06 AM)
matmanx1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kagari

September is packed for Japanese game fans ><

It really is. Almost annoyingly so. I'm going to feel like the equivalent of a video game camel storing up gaming nourishment with all of my September purchases. Xenoblade, Disgaea 4, Tales of Xillia, Solotarobo (for the US, is also Sept. 27) and now Atelier Totori. Did I forget anything? My wallet is cringing already!
Dedication Through Light
Member
(07-19-2011, 03:18 AM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar

Originally Posted by matmanx1

It really is. Almost annoyingly so. I'm going to feel like the equivalent of a video game camel storing up gaming nourishment with all of my September purchases. Xenoblade, Disgaea 4, Tales of Xillia, Solotarobo (for the US, is also Sept. 27) and now Atelier Totori. Did I forget anything? My wallet is cringing already!

Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PSP)
RurouniZel
Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
(07-19-2011, 03:21 AM)
RurouniZel's Avatar
My Alchemy Pot is ready!
matmanx1
Member
(07-19-2011, 03:26 AM)
matmanx1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dedication Through Light

Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PSP)

Gah! Forgot about that one!

The trailer looks great though. I always look forward to Gust's games and this one is no exception.
atomsk
Party Pooper
(07-19-2011, 03:49 AM)
atomsk's Avatar
still working on Mana Khemia 2 right now (and then Rorona & AT3)... need to get this done in August
Ken
Member
(07-19-2011, 03:51 AM)
Ken's Avatar
Liked the music in the trailer.
I need a PS3 come September (Totori, Disgaea 4, AC V in October).
Nix
Banned
(07-19-2011, 04:01 AM)
Nix's Avatar

Originally Posted by matmanx1

It really is. Almost annoyingly so. I'm going to feel like the equivalent of a video game camel storing up gaming nourishment with all of my September purchases. Xenoblade, Disgaea 4, Tales of Xillia, Solotarobo (for the US, is also Sept. 27) and now Atelier Totori. Did I forget anything? My wallet is cringing already!

Hey. Hey! Get out my wishlist!

If it's anything like previous ones, yeah, I'll get it, but I wish they toned down the loli girls, and added a more in depth battle system. Whatever, it'll still be fun to play, and hopefully it'll come with an LE.
dakkumauji
Member
(07-19-2011, 04:11 AM)
dakkumauji's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nix

Hey. Hey! Get out my wishlist!

If it's anything like previous ones, yeah, I'll get it, but I wish they toned down the loli girls, and added a more in depth battle system. Whatever, it'll still be fun to play, and hopefully it'll come with an LE.

Based off the trailer, it does look that NISA is tossing in a limited edition box for this game like with their past PS3 releases of late, which includes an artbook and a soundtrack

Also, based off the videos of this game, the battle system does look more like a traditional RPG with MP and showing the turn order during battle. It really looks more advanced than the battle system in Rorona.
rainking187
Member
(07-19-2011, 07:47 AM)
rainking187's Avatar
If the limited edition already comes with a OST and an artbook I wonder what the NISA store bonus will be.
KyteTron
Banned
(07-19-2011, 07:50 AM)
KyteTron's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nix

Hey. Hey! Get out my wishlist!

If it's anything like previous ones, yeah, I'll get it, but I wish they toned down the loli girls, and added a more in depth battle system. Whatever, it'll still be fun to play, and hopefully it'll come with an LE.

no.
Rarutos
Member
(07-19-2011, 07:55 AM)
Rarutos's Avatar
Been waiting for this since I finished Rorona last year. So hyped. :)
Hours Left
Member
(07-19-2011, 07:55 AM)
Hours Left's Avatar
Looks good.
firehawk12
Subete no aware
(07-19-2011, 07:58 AM)
firehawk12's Avatar
Man, it's going to be a long way for the Otome Atelier game then, if they have to do Mereru first.
Ravage
Member
(07-19-2011, 08:00 AM)
Ravage's Avatar
My body is ready for Totori!!! ^_^

wait that doesn't sound right...
Tailzo
Member
(07-19-2011, 08:01 AM)
Tailzo's Avatar

Originally Posted by matmanx1

It really is. Almost annoyingly so. I'm going to feel like the equivalent of a video game camel storing up gaming nourishment with all of my September purchases. Xenoblade, Disgaea 4, Tales of Xillia, Solotarobo (for the US, is also Sept. 27) and now Atelier Totori. Did I forget anything? My wallet is cringing already!

I thought that was 2012 for the west? Yeah, I'm buying Catherine, El Shaddai, Xenoblade, Disgaea 4, Atelier Totori and EDF in a very short timespan. I even thought about making a thread of the sudden flood of awesome japanese games.
daffy
Member
(07-19-2011, 08:03 AM)
daffy's Avatar
Probably planning on importing. Graces F is the only Tales game confirmed for the West in 2012.
KyteTron
Banned
(07-19-2011, 08:04 AM)
KyteTron's Avatar

Originally Posted by firehawk12

Man, it's going to be a long way for the Otome Atelier game then, if they have to do Mereru first.

That's on PSP, right? then it's probably not happening.
firehawk12
Subete no aware
(07-19-2011, 08:11 AM)
firehawk12's Avatar

Originally Posted by KyteTron

That's on PSP, right? then it's probably not happening.

Is it? I assumed it was PS3. :/
Durante
I'm taking it FROM here, so says Mr. Stewart
(07-19-2011, 08:17 AM)
Durante's Avatar
Hype!
I think I'll be getting this for sure, and probably Disgaea 4 and Xenoblade.
KyteTron
Banned
(07-19-2011, 08:17 AM)
KyteTron's Avatar

Originally Posted by firehawk12

Is it? I assumed it was PS3. :/

Atelier Elkrone ~Dear for Otomate~? Yeah, for PSP it seems.

lack of loli... :(
witchedwiz
Member
(07-19-2011, 08:31 AM)
witchedwiz's Avatar
mm..
september..
disgaea 4
dark souls
heroes 6
warhammer 40.000
resistance 3
ico&shadow of the colossus pack
and technically fifa...

the game might be good indeed, but i smell bomba sales... :/
Einbroch
(07-19-2011, 08:37 AM)
Einbroch's Avatar
Haven't played an Atelier game since the PS2 days...are they still good? I remember liking it until I lost my disk. Then for some reason my opinion of it went down.
Tizoc
Banned
(07-19-2011, 08:38 AM)
Tizoc's Avatar
I think I missed out on Rorona...but didn't that game allow you to skip the battles and focus on the alchemy segments?
Hcoregamer00
The 'H' stands for hentai.
(07-19-2011, 08:39 AM)
Hcoregamer00's Avatar
I love Atelier Rorona's cheerful storyline, great cast of characters, incredible soundtrack, and addicting alchemy gameplay. In a hobby surrounded by emo, depressing characters, and testosterone up the wazoo, this game is a breath of fresh air.

This game, and any Atelier/Gust game is mine on day one :)

Originally Posted by Kagari

September is packed for Japanese game fans ><

What localized Japanese games are coming out on September?
Durante
I'm taking it FROM here, so says Mr. Stewart
(07-19-2011, 08:42 AM)
Durante's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tizoc

I think I missed out on Rorona...but didn't that game allow you to skip the battles and focus on the alchemy segments?

It didn't really allow you to fully skip battles, but you could absolutely focus on alchemy and the battle system was pretty basic. It was also possible to rather easily (if your alchemy lvl was high enough) craft bombs that take out almost every encounter in the game in 1 shot.
Hcoregamer00
The 'H' stands for hentai.
(07-19-2011, 08:44 AM)
Hcoregamer00's Avatar
Atelier Rorona set a high bar for me, how does Totori compare in terms of gameplay, storyline, character dynamic, musical score, graphics, and replayability?

A little off topic, but the UDON Atelier Artbook is awesome.
maomaoIYP
Member
(07-19-2011, 08:45 AM)
maomaoIYP's Avatar
OMG YESSSSSSS
been waiting for this for a long time. why does sterkenburg look so edgy now?

speaking of artbooks, all fans need to pick this one up http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%AD%E3...1061582&sr=8-4
Last edited by maomaoIYP; 07-19-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Hcoregamer00
The 'H' stands for hentai.
(07-19-2011, 08:51 AM)
Hcoregamer00's Avatar

Originally Posted by maomaoIYP

OMG YESSSSSSS
been waiting for this for a long time.

speaking of artbooks, all fans need to pick this one up http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%AD%E3...1061582&sr=8-4

It would be nice if that got a USA release, but I am happy with the artbook we got in the USA.
maomaoIYP
Member
(07-19-2011, 08:53 AM)
maomaoIYP's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hcoregamer00

It would be nice if that got a USA release, but I am happy with the artbook we got in the USA.

amazon.co.jp delivers internationally!
Tizoc
Banned
(07-19-2011, 09:00 AM)
Tizoc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Durante

It didn't really allow you to fully skip battles, but you could absolutely focus on alchemy and the battle system was pretty basic. It was also possible to rather easily (if your alchemy lvl was high enough) craft bombs that take out almost every encounter in the game in 1 shot.

Hmm I dunno that doesn't appeal to me much ^_^;
I'll try to rent Rorona though and see if I like it...
Ravage
Member
(07-19-2011, 09:56 AM)
Ravage's Avatar

Originally Posted by Einbroch

Haven't played an Atelier game since the PS2 days...are they still good? I remember liking it until I lost my disk. Then for some reason my opinion of it went down.

Rorona was really good and Totori is supposedly much better.

Originally Posted by Hcoregamer00

I love Atelier Rorona's cheerful storyline, great cast of characters, incredible soundtrack, and addicting alchemy gameplay. In a hobby surrounded by emo, depressing characters, and testosterone up the wazoo, this game is a breath of fresh air.

This game, and any Atelier/Gust game is mine on day one :)

This*1000 :) You will realise the depth in the alchemy the moment you start crafting the best possible gear for your party. Merging/cancelling traits, controlling the quality of ingots/cloth to unlock the right bonuses, choosing the perfect traits to fit the 5 slot limit, etc...i had so much fun experimenting with the alchemy system.
Last edited by Ravage; 07-19-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Thread Tools